Outdoor Mephisto Sour Stomper Grow

Man, things look pretty much cloudy and saw a couple ambers, so I wouldn't be afraid to chop some. She's about as potent as she's gonna get, real close with no amber.

Man, things look pretty much cloudy and saw a couple ambers, so I wouldn't be afraid to chop some. She's about as potent as she's gonna get, real close with no amber.
Ok thanks, I will chop a bit after the sun does down.

Ask 10 folks their opinions when to chop and you'll get 10 different answers. Personally, I like this stage of trich development for harvest. I think your wife will enjoy the effects she'll get from hanging the buds now. I have seen a small amount of ripening occur after harvest while hanging too.

@Stone420 yep, I already cut 3 buds off, one yesterday and two today. I will chop one more tomorrow, and wait until Wednesday to cut rest (that will put me in the breeders 60 to 65 day range).

The reason I am staging is simply to figure out what type of stone my wife really likes. She really isn't sure what she likes as she just smokes what the dude she buys from has.

It isn't much, but this is the largest bud I have ever harvested so far (this is my 2nd plant). My God it is the stickiest substance I have ever handled!

Attachments

• 20190822_193807.jpg
    20190822_193807.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 124
For sure, @DevilDog_0651 , the best place to view the trichomes will be on the calyx (bud) just as you said and not on the sugar leaves.

Three methods are used to judge a harvest: Time in flower, browning of pistils and color of trichomes. I feel that list is in order from the least reliable to the most reliable being trich coloration is the most accurate evaluation. I have seen a plant with nearly totally brown pistils but her trichs were just half clear and half milky. Had I pulled her based on the pistil coloration, I would have pulled her early for my preferences. I really think pistil coloration is strain dependent, and with that said, trichome evaluation seems to be my best bet. I always say that these are my personal preferences while yours will surely vary.

Glad you like the chart. I keep that handy as a reference and it serves me well. Be sure to save it to help some of the new growers along when you show them what to look for in a harvest. Great job my friend...its coming together for you nicely!!
You certainly helped this new auto grower out. thank you:slap:

stickiest substance I have ever handled!

LOL...you got that right. When I have plants in mid to late flower, I have to be really careful about messing with them before I go to work. That sticky resin gets on your shirt sleeves and you can smell like weed all day long for sure. I keep Febreze odor neutralizer in my truck for this reason.

When I harvest, I wear nitrile gloves w/o fail. Your trimming scissors will be a gummy mess too, so I have 2 pairs rotating in and out of alcohol. I trim a bud, then put that pair (point down) in a cup of alcohol and rotate scissors with each bud.

Have you got a drying and curing plan in place?

LOL...you got that right. When I have plants in mid to late flower, I have to be really careful about messing with them before I go to work. That sticky resin gets on your shirt sleeves and you can smell like weed all day long for sure. I keep Febreze odor neutralizer in my truck for this reason.

When I harvest, I wear nitrile gloves w/o fail. Your trimming scissors will be a gummy mess too, so I have 2 pairs rotating in and out of alcohol. I trim a bud, then put that pair (point down) in a cup of alcohol and rotate scissors with each bud.

Have you got a drying and curing plan in place?
Sort of. I am currently drying in my garage. It isn't the best setup as temps get to mid 80s. Humidity around 55 to 60%. Cure is good as I have Mason jars with hygrometers

Sort of. I am currently drying in my garage. It isn't the best setup as temps get to mid 80s. Humidity around 55 to 60%. Cure is good as I have Mason jars with hygrometers

I helped a buddy cure just last week in a store room that had to be close to 100F with high humidity. Luckily we pulled it off w/o much issue, but we did put a fan circulating indirectly under the hanging buds to keep moisture related issues from developing. Your drying situation looks golden in comparison. Glad you mentioned the hygrometers...they make curing much easier.

Back