Outdoor Mephisto Sour Stomper Grow

How long do you all usually LST for? I like to tie down branches for a couple days, sometimes just 24 hours. Then I let them grow further, and then tie them down again a week or so later. Is that a bad practice? It appears to be working for me? Obviously as time goes on, the branches get thicker and less pliable.

Really depends on the structure of the plant itself. But normally I tie branches to the pot edge, and adjust out till they have grown till I want them going up. Right now I've got the sour stomper lowers strapped down, but nothing on any of my other girls. One is so short and stout, I don't think it possible without damage. White crack is naturally shaped like this so no ties there, and the ghost Toof is just an open structure, no need to coax any side branching.

Ok, so you like running mephisto? I am definitely ordering more from them!

@Arthur so you are growing sour stomper right now too?
Mine is pretty darn short, but looks pretty healthy to my untrained eye. I put it in my garage the other night to give it some extra light (I won't do that again). I need to just let her do her thing at nature's will. Anyways, the next morning I walked into the garage and was smacked by the awesome smell!

I think she is done growing vertically? It looks like she is focused on making bigger buds now.

Attachments

• 20190730_184146.jpg
    20190730_184146.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190730_184119.jpg
    20190730_184119.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 86
Yeah, looks like the stretch is over for her. Had a strawberry nuggets that looked a lot like that outdoor last year.

My girl was dropped 1st of July, so 4 weeks from drop, most would say 3 weeks I guess. Expecting to see preflower forming soon.
15647607638095033474994511126516.jpg

Nice! Mine is about 5 weeks old or so. Yours has more leaves than mine for sure.

Have you ever ran SS before? Website says 60 to 65 days from sprout. So I figure add a week or two to that (from what a lot of people on this forum say).
So I should hopefully be looking at another 9 weeks or so.

Each grow can run a little differently. Their estimates are based on a dialed setup. I usually run 5 to 14 days over breeder [HASHTAG]#s[/HASHTAG], but I tend to harvest a little later than some, I like a little amber.
Big difference from indoor to outdoor as well, with the bigger fluctuations in environment, I find autos can really struggle the first few weeks (when they need smooth the most) ending in a lot of really small plants. If you can start them indoors, and move out as they hit preflower, you end up with much larger girls outside.

Haven't run the Sour Stomper before, am sitting on 19 of their strains, going thru finding my favorites, and then I'll reverse those I like and keep them around.

I have a gold glue running to that is just starting to be sprayed for reversal. She will pollinate another I grow next round, and probably a lower of each of the other strains as well.

Okay that makes sense on starting them indoors. I will probably stop growing for a while after the two I have now. I hope to get 2 ounces off the Sour stomper, and hopefully 4 ounces from my photo. But I don't know, my SS is small so mayne 1 ounce. Time will tell. That will last my wife a long time.

Back