Outdoor Mephisto Sour Stomper Grow

@Arthur here is my sour stomper, will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. I am not sure if I screwed up, but I super cropped the main stem yesterday. I am not supposed to do that in flower am I? Oh well.

Attachments

• 20190729_195920.jpg
    20190729_195920.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190729_195902.jpg
    20190729_195902.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 109
Guys will top, and super crop autos, I stick with lst. I keep the more aggressive stuff for my photos. Am sure the plant will be fine, but the if done at the wrong time yield could be affected.

Here is my super cropped and LST'd photo @Arthur @Stone420

The main thing I see (and like) about your style of growing, @DevilDog_0651, is that you are willing to try various techniques to learn from. Some techniques work better for photos since they have time to recover since you can veg for virtually any length of time you choose before flipping to flower. Autos have a mind of their own and can be pretty darn fickle about what happens to them. I just harvested an auto Mazar that was grown outside in a 5G fabric pot. I did a bit of LST to encourage additional colas to develop, and once I pulled her main stem back to expose new areas to the sun, she got sun scalded resulting in the loss of several colas forming. I had a struggle to save her, and only ended up with 31 grams of dried bud. Point of all of this is that auto plants don't recover well from a setback whether it is intentional training or accidental stresses.

Here is a pic of a Blue Dream photo I'm currently growing. I did a lot of training since I knew I'd take 8 weeks in veg to get her manifolded and trained the way I wished. The first pic is my training for this plant followed by a current pic of her at nearly 3 weeks into flower - she is still stretching but starting to fill in her buds now.

Blue Dream.jpg

bd 7 30.JPG

@Stone420 wow, that is beautiful! Yea I know what you're saying about the recovery time with auto's. I have pretty much left my sour stomper auto alone, minus bending the main stem. She reacted well and was standing straight up 24 hours later. But I am just going to let her do her thing! She is small but multiple bud sites!

How do you like Blue Dream? My "Dementia" photo is a cross between blue dream and amnesia haze.

@DevilDog_0651, I honestly believe if I was limited to only one strain, I'd pick Blue Dream. I'm the kind of guy who likes to feel a mild buzz and not get so ripped I cant drive or otherwise function normally. Just a light hit or two makes me mellow and enjoy the day. Blue Dream gives me this type of uplifted high based on the way I like to feel. Some strains are more potent and can buzz you to the point of no return, but I've never been attracted to that kind of extreme high. Another strain I am growing next is really nice - Maui Wowie, and that one is a real treat from days passed. Cant find it in an auto strain, only photo so I need 16 - 18 weeks for the chop.

So manifolding or maintaining is simply the process of creating a Y shape, via topping, and then tying down shoots to create an even canopy, correct?

Manifolding is topping after the first set of branches, each shoot tied down, as it grows it looks like the intake or exhaust manifold on an engine. Also referred to as mainlining, but am not real fond of that one. But yes, object is an even canopy.

Back