Indoor Mephisto/Soil/Autopot

Get some Southern Ag Thuricide BT. It's the same biological agent as in Mosquito Dunks, works on a lot of critters. I used it in my raised bed veggie gardens to kill the Gypsy Moth caterpillars. Worked on Japanese beetles too! Make a soil drench and bye bye Gnats!

All is well after transfer. Plants are at day 13. Recovering from a slight overwatering issue. One of the primary objectives for this grow is to LEARN to read my plants. Plan is to water tomorrow with 2-3 cups of water each. This is first time with 5 gal pots so I have a slight learning curve. The tops of the Rapid Rooters were very dry, so I moistened the plugs with 6.4 ph water. I do not consider this as a watering, which is why I sprayed a small circle around the plant. I do know that when I water, it will be the entire pot.

on another note, soil seems to have some fungus gnats. Nothing major, just want to get it early so it doesn’t become an issue. Suggestions?

View attachment 1380316

2 weeks and all is on track & progressing. Transplanted Toof Decay to the “Big House”. I have decided to TOP 3 & LST 3. I’m still not confident with my decision making in which to do based on plant structure. I’m going to top Super Orange Haze, Double Grape, and Ripley’s OG. Straight LST on CDLC, Toof Decay, and Strawberry Nuggets.

All input is welcomed.

CAA4372E-640C-4BFF-847D-4BD7B22C721D.jpeg

I know I have @pop22 keeping an eye on me, but if @WildBill, @terp182, and @St. Tom could peak in from time to time, I would be thankful.

thanks for the tag i will follow along but I'm a coco grower bro and my grow I'm doing now is in sohums live soil so with soil at the moment and just learning as I go and grow but they look healthy and in a couple of weeks I would say your tent will start to fill up as these upcoming days are were you will see loads of upper growth instead of the roots doing all the growing

also regarding topping i wouldnt be rushing into doing them especially if you've not long transplanted them but @pop22 is looking after you and you cant get anymore experience than him he helped me so many times over the years

also regarding topping i wouldnt be rushing into doing them especially if you've not long transplanted them but @pop22 is looking after you and you cant get anymore experience than him he helped me so many times over the years
I will be waiting for the 5th node before I top. I started bending CDLC & Straw Nugs, as they are smaller bushier plants and I wanted to start before the stalk gets too thick.

PLEASE provide any/all experience to educate me. My current thought process (subject to change) is, Bushy = LST, Tall = top.

Pop is my guy.

Last edited:
You can start lst anytime. I'd give them a couple more days before topping though, your plants are pounding out roots right now.

LST’d & topping complete. Straight LST for CDLC, Strw Nugs, DG. Topped SOH & Ripleys. Not sure what I’m going to do with Toof Decay,but I have a few days to decide.

UPDATE: Double Grape showing signs of sex at DAY 15. Wonder what she has in store for me.

043643EA-1E65-481C-8C2A-5A0A98946CF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 18:

All plants have progressed post training. I’m going to start to discuss each plant individually for those who are interested in specific strains. I have performed different training, as I am still working at understanding the plants. I WANT to understand the differences of training on different plant structures. As of now, Bushy = LST, taller plants with internode spacing I topped.
7A0E6740-79D0-4E44-B6FD-B4EABC86FB5A.jpeg

CDLC - Straight LST. She is a bushy plant and has MANY branches under the canopy. I bent over the main stalk and have tried to move the light blocking leaves to the side.
3A5E939B-69C3-409E-82D3-2EA271B634AD.jpeg

Strawberry Nuggets - Not sure in this one. She is small in structure and node spacing is borderline non- existent making LST challenging. I bent her over to allow more light penetration and that’s about it. I’m going to take it easy on her for a bit.
BF45AB31-BCE0-4641-B7A7-7643A06349BF.jpeg

Toof Decay - She is a few days behind and haven’t done anything yet. Plan is to top after 5th node and leave her upright and spread her wings.
AABA7A3F-E9B3-4B20-BEE5-EE701DB334B1.jpeg

Double Grape - Showed sex VERY early(day 15). Plan was to top her but stopped just short of the “snip” when I saw pistils. went with LST. We will see how this one goes. As of now, I’m a little disappointed she entered pre-flower so early, but I have NOTHING to measure this against. Time will tell.
43C4AAA8-B442-40B0-94CF-4FDBEA74284E.jpeg

Ripleys OG - This one is going to be FUN and I hope she is going to challenge my canopy skills. I topped her between 4-5 node and leaned her over.
258134B3-5326-4581-BBC2-0E157288CD33.jpeg

Super Orange Haze - Another branchy plant. Topped and LST. She is currently a little pouty at the moment. I have a humidifier in the corner of the tent and I think that may be making her a little uncomfortable.
73EBCD15-5CA0-44D3-B2EF-22448CED4865.jpeg

Back