Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Looking good.. subbing :pass:

Looking good.. subbing :pass:

Thanks for checking out, my second grow - first grow was in FFOF and that grow I had all kinds of issues .... Yea I’m pumped about this Gal, almost every visit I see growth, only reason I don’t see every visit is sometimes visits are too close together .....

Going to do a dry weight when done, stay tuned .... Peace!
:pass:

35 Days Old

Grown a lot more and she is starting to Build some Buds, and she is looking great .... Love this Strain ....

Cola Bud - going be BIG One Baby .... Stem is pencil size at the rip ... Baseball Bat Size at base, just teasing, but baby finger size, HUGE Potential for this Gal

8FD2B51C-C55C-43EE-AF3A-A0BE0CCB4A5C.jpeg

This pic I wanted to talk about atmospheric conditions - control the weather inside tent ..... Temps have ranged Fremont 70-84 thru entire grow and humidity similar numbers .... low numbers reflect when door is open ...

Second pic shows temps in the corner and co2 levels which Hoover around 1200

968D5E2A-88DE-4A60-908D-9F2D3F8A5619.jpeg

3592A6D9-2C25-4780-B01A-FC442C3D768F.jpeg

Cola is on the right side
32FA25BD-9D16-4F2C-86E8-3D9177FCDC94.jpeg

Shows Light Rail, atmospheric comtroler I used in a 1984 grow that’s been dusted off, btw it works perfect, co2 monitor which hangs around 1200 - I used one exhaust co2 bag and seems it be holding pretty steady at 1200 - exhaust / carbon filter, beefed up ceiling poles, I upgraded structure with heavier support poles and more of them - overdoer personality here .... sped controller, fan on pole turns on when controller signals for,exhaust .... I also have five other fans below keeping canopy airy all blowing GENTLY on the plants ..... the hanger you see front is for COB Flowering light to come .... if anyone has any questions on how to or how did, just ask .... being retired OldBoy this is my passion and I’m more than glad to let ya know exactly how I did this or that, such as even hanging the rail, I’ve never done this before so,had to learn, lots of trial /error
6FE3FFFB-5CA4-454F-94A9-337F98D2A737.jpeg

Thanks for checking out, I’m a proud papa and like Show and Tell .... Peace!

Last edited:
36 Days Old - Sam’s Crack

We shut down the 5000k light and introduced a 100 watt 3500k COB into the mix so no more veg light and now will concentrate on 3500k down to eventually 3000k - The 400 watt main light is still running on the rail but only the flower portion is being used along with the 3500k COB ...... Flowers are starting to form, looks like 9-10 Main Bud Sites and there should be plenty of auxiliary side buds .....

We also are lowering both humidity / temps ..... Was around 82ish / 75% RH, now it’s dialed down to 76-77 degrees and 60% humidity and will continue to lower RH as we progress into flower .... May need a bigger tent, she is Flippin HUGE, Bud Fans! Mephisto Genetics ROCK.
2A05C210-9C4A-47C6-8BEA-7E3ED6E33980.jpeg
2345E12F-A7A2-4D83-AC4D-014611D755D5.jpeg

Super nice strain ..... Best Plant I ever grown!
400617CF-AB8E-4037-AE1C-40210C1EAA31.jpeg

Last edited:
37 Days Old - Mephisto Sam’s Crack

Last night I decided to trim off some fan leaves, they were blocking bud sites and try but I couldn’t keep the. all tucked under to allow those bud sites to develop .... Being this is my second grow and not much experience and being a natural kinda grower I hated to trim those fan leaves but I needed those sites and it was hard keeeping airflow between leaves and has found moisture between leaves, even though I had three small fans and a monkey fan gently proving air flow I feared one check I would find and issue and I wanted to prevent that so 23 fan leaves later
1DC1F396-68FA-4B1C-B5E1-62796E6F7ECB.jpeg

And she looked like this ...... Worse she had ever looked, not much praying in this pic ... cola top right is even bent over .... I left the tent thinking what did I do, I shoulda only trimmed a few, I shoulda started weeks ago, trimming one each day, I shoulda coulda woulda kinda what the Flip came over me .....
4C740D55-C1E0-4E62-BD04-2B300AC5D073.jpeg

Checked little later that night and better but still not old self, I went to bed, distraught - gosh darn it - oh well hope she makes it, I know she will but at what cost then to pleasant surprise this AM I saw her back t old self and the bud sites emerging, sweet now everything is ok and ok for wake and bake so I promptly went upstairs and obliged myself!
1BCDC5BF-2359-4128-A404-7DE152DF1E01.jpeg

Check out the stem on cola tip .... note little split near top, may of been damage d during chop job but looks ok - figure worse case is she will heal and make her stronger, looking forwar to these stems carrying a load ....
F67416CC-A6B6-41BC-888B-5863C6A3525A.jpeg

if you want to move fan leaves out of bud sites but don't want to cut them off you can clip a clothes pin on the tip of the leaf and it will drop or lower the leaf down and out of the way without cutting. It will stay that way until you remove the clothes pin.

if you want to move fan leaves out of bud sites but don't want to cut them off you can clip a clothes pin on the tip of the leaf and it will drop or lower the leaf down and out of the way without cutting. It will stay that way until you remove the clothes pin.
This is fucking genius , I'm on my 4th grow and I've been thinking about cutting my leaves off like people talk about out but this seems like a good alternative.

This is fucking genius , I'm on my 4th grow and I've been thinking about cutting my leaves off like people talk about out but this seems like a good alternative.

Check out this current journal. The use of pins starts around page 9. you can also add some additional weight to the clothes pins if you need something heavier to bend something stiffer. Not sure if this LST idea was actually from @bushmasterar15 or he borrowed it. I borrowed it from him and use it for all my plants now.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/bushmasterar15-does-it-again.69493/

@lunarman Good idea and will use now as needed .....

Silly Rabbit me, 2nd grow here and I shoulda just “thunk it thru” .... I don’t cut off leaves on my tomatoe Plants, if I did my tomatoes would be smaller .... now I do pinch bud sites to make other tomatoes larger, especially ones below the canopy .....

:thanks: for making me think!

Day 38 Sam’s Crack

Continues to impress with daily growth .... We do have new bud sites popping up!
ADED8EDD-5D62-4FC5-BCBE-4CCB92445E88.jpeg

7A636ECD-FD0F-425C-B6D4-AABB05828202.jpeg

Back