Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Yes its a compliment.

Thank you, again .....

40ish years of no till Organic garden probably helps .... lot of folks, this is their first real grow anything experience or limited plant a tomato kinda gardener, mine is a passion ....

Thanks, those little things makes me wanna do even better, ego booster!

Day 48 Sam’s Crack

Yesterday 7:30pm .... Break has tent pegs and hanging basket extension rods hung all over her perimeter branches and the cola - In total 23 diffent “candy canes” ranging from 7” to 24” long and she is supporting them all for a few hours, rods removed about 11ish that nite .... cola on right

1B854359-00FD-476B-9B8B-81C6ADD2DF0D.jpeg

12 hours after candy canes removed .... Pic 3/14 11am

1FF71AD4-48E1-498D-B5DE-2D611D74B06E.jpeg

Set for dense buds at cola and branch to left of cola .... Probably 3-4 weeks from harvest

Attachments

• 92D20798-A1B4-4BE1-AFB8-92586F9107DE.jpeg
    92D20798-A1B4-4BE1-AFB8-92586F9107DE.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 46
Day 48 Sam’s Crack

Yesterday 7:30pm .... Break has tent pegs and hanging basket extension rods hung all over her perimeter branches and the cola - In total 23 diffent “candy canes” ranging from 7” to 24” long and she is supporting them all for a few hours, rods removed about 11ish that nite .... cola on right

View attachment 1028959

12 hours after candy canes removed .... Pic 3/14 11am

View attachment 1028960

Set for dense buds at cola and branch to left of cola .... Probably 3-4 weeks from harvest
Wow! :jawdrop:
Things looking real good up in here. :d5:
I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Well done sir!

I'm attempting my first LOS as soon as the 3 pots I mixed up cook a bit. Not really sure how to start things off, I have worms working the soil as it "cooks". And was going to seed a cover crop today. Please correct me if I'm effing up.

Hope your LOS wins the battle, routing for ya.
:bighug:

I'm attempting my first LOS as soon as the 3 pots I mixed up cook a bit. Not really sure how to start things off, I have worms working the soil as it "cooks". And was going to seed a cover crop today. Please correct me if I'm effing up.

I would mulch them real well and keep em damp. Dried, crumbled, fan leaves, work great as mulch. Most of us seem to have a stash of them around. The "Law of Returns", states (let me paraphrase) that putting canna leaves back in, returns the right stuff to the soil, that we need next round. Any leaves work, just mist them often. The more diverse the mulch the better. This will keep your worms working, and allow them to return leaf particles to the depths of the soil to build and feed soil.
cheers
os

I would mulch them real well and keep em damp. Dried, crumbled, fan leaves, work great as mulch. Most of us seem to have a stash of them around. The "Law of Returns", states (let me paraphrase) that putting canna leaves back in, returns the right stuff to the soil, that we need next round. Any leaves work, just mist them often. The more diverse the mulch the better. This will keep your worms working, and allow them to return leaf particles to the depths of the soil to build and feed soil.
cheers
os
Thank you OS!!!

This is freshly amended soil I built about 2 weeks ago, with a LOT of diversity. At least a dozen different inputs. I have both yard leaves and canna leaves (fresh and dried) at my disposal. Deffo want happy worms. Should I wait a while to start a cover crop? Or is it not really necessary for a first run?

Thank you OS!!!

This is freshly amended soil I built about 2 weeks ago, with a LOT of diversity. At least a dozen different inputs. I have both yard leaves and canna leaves (fresh and dried) at my disposal. Deffo want happy worms. Should I wait a while to start a cover crop? Or is it not really necessary for a first run?
Cover crops are always quite the controversy but here is my $.02. I think that in containers its more hassel than its worth to run cover crops most of the time. In your case, you have a fresh mix that doesn't need remineralization. In the long run, I think you are better off letting the worms do their thing and top dress mulch.
If you were letting an old mix sit for a season, clover cover crop or something similar would be great. Or if you made a new mix, and had extra that was going to sit for months, I would say go for it. The other down side to cover crops is they tend to harbor pests like gnats and mites. Especially the most helpful cover crop, which is clover in my opinion. The circle of gardeners I run with, almost everybody has tried the cover crop thing, and eventually moved away from it, and just gone back to mulching.
In really big smart pots/ beds, like 100 gallons or more, covers work better, and they definitely work well outside. Even then, I still prefer mulching.
Everyone thought that running some clover in their regular pot till the canopy shadowed it out, would be a slick way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Grow some good clover mulch, use the unused space, and get the soil life up and running. Due to pests hiding below your canna canopy, I say if you want to grow a cover crop for mulching, do it in a separate container. You can use a shallow container and put it in a window, and save your valuable tent space for what is important. Also keeps pests away from the tent.
I still have 1 'Holy Basil' plant that has a clover, cover crop. Its many years old, and I am leaving it alone. Luckily the 'holy basil' repels most insects, so it works. I also use the clover as indicator, as to when to water. The clover droops first, its water time.
hope that wasn't to long and drawn out, but that is my thoughts on cover crops.
If you do decide that you will cover crop it, here is my old tech for clover. MIx mycorizzae and clover inoculant with the seeds. Wet pot with aloe water. Sprinkle the seeds in a circle way out at the outer circle of the pot. Cover seeds with soil and water. This keeps the clover out of your way for a while.
cheers
os

cheers
os

Cover crops are always quite the controversy but here is my $.02. I think that in containers its more hassel than its worth to run cover crops most of the time. In your case, you have a fresh mix that doesn't need remineralization. In the long run, I think you are better off letting the worms do their thing and top dress mulch.
If you were letting an old mix sit for a season, clover cover crop or something similar would be great. Or if you made a new mix, and had extra that was going to sit for months, I would say go for it. The other down side to cover crops is they tend to harbor pests like gnats and mites. Especially the most helpful cover crop, which is clover in my opinion. The circle of gardeners I run with, almost everybody has tried the cover crop thing, and eventually moved away from it, and just gone back to mulching.
In really big smart pots/ beds, like 100 gallons or more, covers work better, and they definitely work well outside. Even then, I still prefer mulching.
Everyone thought that running some clover in their regular pot till the canopy shadowed it out, would be a slick way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Grow some good clover mulch, use the unused space, and get the soil life up and running. Due to pests hiding below your canna canopy, I say if you want to grow a cover crop for mulching, do it in a separate container. You can use a shallow container and put it in a window, and save your valuable tent space for what is important. Also keeps pests away from the tent.
I still have 1 'Holy Basil' plant that has a clover, cover crop. Its many years old, and I am leaving it alone. Luckily the 'holy basil' repels most insects, so it works. I also use the clover as indicator, as to when to water. The clover droops first, its water time.
hope that wasn't to long and drawn out, but that is my thoughts on cover crops.
If you do decide that you will cover crop it, here is my old tech for clover. MIx mycorizzae and clover inoculant with the seeds. Wet pot with aloe water. Sprinkle the seeds in a circle way out at the outer circle of the pot. Cover seeds with soil and water. This keeps the clover out of your way for a while.
cheers
os

cheers
os
Awesome post OS, so I thought you needed something growing in there to feed the beneficial microbes and such. I guess they really like what the plants exude from the root zone.
So do you think I could just start a plant, or let them sit a while longer?

Sorry MrOldBoy for the hijack of your thread.

Wow Roasty, BIG THANK YOU for the looks and likes :yay::thanks::frog:

@Organic Sinse pretty much covered the bases, Sinse has both knowledge and practice in place .... He, like me I’m sure, grew tomatoes before we grew marijuana and our love for the soil and planet earth are shared .....

But I do have a few Questions, if you care?

What size / kind of pots?

What kind of amendments did you add?

What was base for mix ... ie 1/3 this plus 1/4 that plus???

Did you add EWC, if so source?

Environment and control of that environment?

And probably the most important question, do you have a passion, which I suspect answer is yes - most who go LOS express passion .... Passionate or even desire to wanna grow the best available, LOS it it ..... I’ll take on a Hydro Grow any day, especially if taking blind taste test, LOS Rocks .....

Feel free to ask anything - anyritime ..... there are no stupid questions but unfortunately lots of uninformed people!

Peace!

PS .... BTW Breaking Free DOES NOT have a cover crop, but my other two plants do ..... When I remulch - Top Dress, I carefully go around crops but some not lucky so I just sprinkle some new seed and not worry, worms will eat them up, not that much to think about any reactions.... Now for bugs, none experienced yet, knock on wood.

Best of Grows and follow this grow, I will have dry weight ...... Looking for over an elbow but I’m crazy too! :rofl:

Awesome post OS, so I thought you needed something growing in there to feed the beneficial microbes and such. I guess they really like what the plants exude from the root zone.
So do you think I could just start a plant, or let them sit a while longer?

Sorry MrOldBoy for the hijack of your thread.

No Problem-Mento on Hi-Jack ..... Posts and Likes puts this Blog higher and we want folks to know how the heck to grow .... Believe Brother Sinse feels same way ... so cool, post away, appreciate it ... and yes Sensi’s Posts are awesome, I told him as much, he’s cool and absolutely knows his stuff ....

Hum, let’s chat for a bit ..... on the microbes .... and I was going to make this suggestion earlier, there is a FREE EDUCATIONAL Cannabis Science PodCast at KIS Organics ... Lookup KIS Organics and go to PodCasts at top,of page and then go to Cannabis Cultivation and Science Podcast Episode 26 ..... While there a MUST Listen too is a Number 3, 7 and 8 with Clackmas Coots, it’s a must ...... then if you have the desire there are 45 podcasts total but must listen on 3,7, and 8 and of course the microbio 26 .....

Peace!

Last edited:
Wow Roasty, BIG THANK YOU for the looks and likes :yay::thanks::frog:

@Organic Sinse pretty much covered the bases, Sinse has both knowledge and practice in place .... He, like me I’m sure, grew tomatoes before we grew marijuana and our love for the soil and planet earth are shared .....

And probably the most important question, do you have a passion, which I suspect answer is yes - most who go LOS express passion .... Passionate or even desire to wanna grow the best available, LOS it it ..... I’ll take on a Hydro Grow any day, especially if taking blind taste test, LOS Rocks .....

Feel free to ask anything - anyritime ..... there are no stupid questions but unfortunately lots of uninformed people!

Peace!

PS .... BTW Breaking Free DOES NOT have a cover crop, but my other two plants do ..... When I remulch - Top Dress, I carefully go around crops but some not lucky so I just sprinkle some new seed and not worry, worms will eat them up, not that much to think about any reactions.... Now for bugs, none experienced yet, knock on wood.

Best of Grows and follow this grow, I will have dry weight ...... Looking for over an elbow but I’m crazy too! :rofl:

sure

7 gallon fabric pots (filled with 5G to leave room for many mulchings)

bio char (precharged with fish hydrosolate)
insect frass 2-3-2
oyster shell
rock dust
crab meal 4-3-0
Neem seed meal 4-1-2
alfalfa meal
kelp meal
Seabird Guano 0-11-0
Bat Guano 7-3-1
Blood meal
Bone meal
Humic acid (granular)
mycobloom mycorhizae
plant probiotics
watered in some nematodes as well

60% Peat
20% Unco EWC (probably not the best)
10% Coco coir
10% Course pumice

yes, got them from amazon, so.....

Pots are sitting in a dark room, ambient temps 68-74F, been misting daily.

You better believe it sweet cheeks! :frog:

Thank you for the help.:bighug:

Back