Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Hey Roasty good to hear from you ..... So let’s work backwards ....

Worm Bin ..... Numerous types including bags and bins ... Flow-Thru etc ..... Brother Sensi posted video to help ..... Myself I like the convenience of the Urban Wrom Bag and getting educational emails from the Owner, Steve who is dedicated to his craft .... Urban Worm Bag available on Amazon under $70 without frame or $110 with frame, frame is just pipe and corners, u can do yourself easy .... Then you have @Organic Sinse who uses bins and those work very well and a ton of other creative methods .... Myself and Sinse use three kinds of worms, Reds, Euro and African but if you could only use one, use the reds, they are top feeders and out eat their counterparts by a mile ...... Euro midddle and African work the bottom .... Remember this phrase ..... Worms are the Worlds Best Gardeners .... feed the worms, who feed the soil and the worms have delivery service where they take to the roots and give them some air, while there .... You cannot beat the worm, period .... Feed your worms foods like Karanja, barley, neem, kelp, horse manure, leaf mold and they will,produce killer dark rich castings .... Bro Sensi has it down to a science, he has castings for different stages of growth but focus on just one for now and nail it, then expand .....

Humidity/ Temps ..... Veg state I Rwanda Break in the 78-82ish range with RH around 68-75% - kinda like a sauna..... as she got older I decrease humidity to 65-70% and then came preflower and 60% on humidity and temp still 76-78 ..... Now she is in flower I’m lowering humidity, working in the 59% range right now with temps 75ish .... as she flowers I lower humidity some more to get to 45ish range ..... I follow a VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) Chart I found here on a post and printed out, so I don’t have the link but here is a link to Wikipedia quick explain of VPD https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapour-pressure_deficit ....

Your temps RH inside tent NOT good for babies, your more in a flower temp range, especially on humidity side ....

Grow Room ..... Individual Cons good as you can adjust per plant, consider getting a PAR Meter so you can fine tune each individual light .... PAR Meter measures intensity of light and its important to have dialed in PER STRAIN - while strains generally a lot of light not all like the same intensity ..... Not until I had everything dialed in on my second grow did I realize 3 Bears OG can’t handle same light as Strawberry Nugs so had to adjust for that, with the PAR Meter I always know how close or far light should be, without its a guess ..... But individual COB makes it a whole lot easier to adjust.

Current Soil ..... Only thing that needs modification is drainage, just add some drainage material, preferably small Laba Rock and it should be good ..... If soil,still,coooking, no problem adding after but before planting ..... the drainage is so important .... prevent defense ..... fungus gnats, fungus gnats love wet soil ..... drain or pain?

What strains are you planning?

Totally agree with what your saying MOB. The grow room is setup for flower, I will start off in a mini greenhouse that is much warmer and humid 80ishF and 60-70 rh.
Wish I could afford a nice par meter, but I've already spent too much on amendments. The wife is not happy about that. Will be a hard sell.

I also forgot to state that I added a brick of coco to the base mix, so all those percentages are skewed. I already have mulched and sowed a cover crop, so I'd destroy what I've started by adding in drainage. As for the dreaded gnats, the nematodes do a great job eating the eggs, larvae, and pupas. Had a bad infestation till I got the nematodes.

So I got a Creme Stomper, Ripleys OG, and a Fugue State soaking in aloe water as I type.

Totally agree with what your saying MOB. The grow room is setup for flower, I will start off in a mini greenhouse that is much warmer and humid 80ishF and 60-70 rh.
Wish I could afford a nice par meter, but I've already spent too much on amendments. The wife is not happy about that. Will be a hard sell.

I also forgot to state that I added a brick of coco to the base mix, so all those percentages are skewed. I already have mulched and sowed a cover crop, so I'd destroy what I've started by adding in drainage. As for the dreaded gnats, the nematodes do a great job eating the eggs, larvae, and pupas. Had a bad infestation till I got the nematodes.

So I got a Creme Stomper, Ripleys OG, and a Fugue State soaking in aloe water as I type.

PAR Meter, just put into budget, youre ability to grow is proven and th PAR would make the Mrs., Buds, better - maybe she will BUY INTO, or “It’s a one time investment” sell-job ...... but like I told the guy at the grocery store giving me suggestions about my better half, finally I said, “Appreciate the concern but I sleep with her, thank you, later” .....

Temp / RH seems you have dialed in .... I found this very helpful to fine tune VPD http://www.just4growers.com/stream/...-deficit-the-hidden-force-on-your-plants.aspx which I’m attempting to accomplish but not there yet, I need to control the room itself to gain better control over inside tent, which is in the works .... My tent, due to heavy water usage by the girls and them transpiring brought up humidity and room itself housing the tent had RH 55 so I have a dehumidifier for the room on order, you would of “thunk” I could get local but choices were limited, it is the winter so why would,local stores have dehumidifier, right?

Personally on dirt I wouldn’t worry about cover crop and destroying but that’s just me, you’ve grown way more than I but in LOS idea is NOT to water with wet / dry cycles, that will kill the worms and life, rather to keep soil in the 80-120 millibar range ..... if soil does not drain properly it’s challenging to keep that range though out the grow .... I water each plant several times daily and believe it or not, have never had any runoff, ‘cept one time and that was very minimal but bottom of pots are constantly damp .... Mu soil is mixed almost exactly to the Coot’s recipe, almost except I have some additional compost in the mix, but not much maybe 2% ..... Just running by ya ... maybe just do a couple and leave others?

Weather Advisory- Frost and Frreeze Warnings with Long Term Forecast Calling for Record Snows:

65DAF8B5-D16D-48AA-9A3D-F935823EDA77.jpeg

D6A11977-7C21-4D01-897D-101017F783BC.jpeg

Sam’s Crack - Day 51 - Winter Weather Advisory - Proceed with Caution - Heavy Frost and Freeze Warnings

Growth has slowed in the Lettuce department but the Flower shop is building ..... We have some nice frost forming on the leaves and buds .... Top Dressing of compost and some Mammoth, EM 1, Coconut Water and BuildaBud along with a little Thrive.n ..... Sam’s Crack is consuming gallon or so of water daily ...... Every other watering I cut down on the one or two or even all the supplements - but no real Schedule just gut feelings and watching the plant ..... I am sprouting some Mung Beans for a little tea - think I’ll lightly spray underside of bottom leaves and water in the rest .....

49BDA050-3DE8-40DA-AAD5-9D6E78C5E15A.jpeg

Early Frost on Leaves
6985D247-3F8E-4B73-9A83-B8DBA5DE36B7.jpeg

Cola next to Fan - Nice Even Canopy
D3E9220B-658B-408C-BF5D-7489EC7F7179.jpeg

Attachments

• 245C5954-D196-4287-9DB7-F03D3B8C4554.jpeg
    245C5954-D196-4287-9DB7-F03D3B8C4554.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 49
  • 4D479286-4F92-4A39-B849-79D1B8603078.jpeg
    4D479286-4F92-4A39-B849-79D1B8603078.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Looking lovely MOB

Why a BIG THANK ya, Fish ......:thanks: Anticipation is killing me, patience I tell myself, day at a time, day at a time, just get her through today ..... I’m so Flippin proud that I’m actually doing this, my second grow and she is a Monster, thanks again

Growth has now slowed - Sure was some amazing growth from Day 30-45 - Your Girls are coming up on that, their roots are still filling and are close to having completed their mission completed .... Good luck and thanks again for checking Sam out.

Shhhhooooooooeeeeee!!!!!! She looks fucking AMAZING FRIEND!!!

Wow!!

I wish the world was a different place, iv got my Sams Crack in DWC now (transition rom Hempy with zero stress)

Anyways I say that, because I actually WOULD love to compare the taste of my DWC to your LOS

Same genetics, different methods

I’m curious!!!! Here’s my girl :)
43ff695e77d7cf8ab09112901fbf5048.jpg

300ead8b95c103f0ce413b7a5f98cc72.jpg

I got her ppfd down to 530ish give or take. My spread isn’t very even right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhhhooooooooeeeeee!!!!!! She looks fucking AMAZING FRIEND!!!

Wow!!

I wish the world was a different place, iv got my Sams Crack in DWC now (transition rom Hempy with zero stress)

Anyways I say that, because I actually WOULD love to compare the taste of my DWC to your LOS

Same genetics, different methods

I’m curious!!!! Here’s my girl :)
43ff695e77d7cf8ab09112901fbf5048.jpg

300ead8b95c103f0ce413b7a5f98cc72.jpg

I got her ppfd down to 530ish give or take. My spread isn’t very even right now

First time I saw your setup - what did I say, remember .... Wish we were neighbors, yea I would like to compare harvests too ..... Even wish you had your Sam in the Battle .....

Experience in growing weed I don’t have much but from my limited experience and comparing Sam to my Goldie, Cream Puff and Sricky Jane - Sam is super frosty, others not so much and they are within days, age wise, I think Sam’s will be a knockout ...... While Smoke reports are limited the ones I’ve ran across claim it’s Tip Top Shelf, will see as one thing I have experience is Smoke and I’ve smoked everything from Mexican Brick Weed, Red Bud, Cambodian, etc. all those strains from the 1970 thru 2000 and more ..... BEST WEED I EVER SMOKED, Hands Down, was an indica Clone a buddy gave me in 1984 that I grew under a 400 watt HPS ..... believe it or not the Cola Bud was 121 Grams- DRY and smoke so powerful the joint put itself out, too much resin, had to smoke in a bowl ..... After that grow, family and job took over life but now I’m back and I hope Breaking Free claims that top spot.

History: Research Cornell University Soil and check it out, that’s is what I used in 1984 - I spiked it with worm castings and bag guano and feed plant fish fertilizer and seaweed .... Turns out the dirt I used the university had been working on since 1939 .... Just a little History Lesson from OB.

Wishing you the best of Grows, bro and thnaks for stopping by!

PS ...... Good call on PPFD, watch her leaves if they curl inward, less light .... I mean I get mine where she should be at and she grows a few inches, so watch her closely, she’s a monster!

First time I saw your setup - what did I say, remember .... Wish we were neighbors, yea I would like to compare harvests too ..... Even wish you had your Sam in the Battle .....

Experience in growing weed I don’t have much but from my limited experience and comparing Sam to my Goldie, Cream Puff and Sricky Jane - Sam is super frosty, others not so much and they are within days, age wise, I think Sam’s will be a knockout ...... While Smoke reports are limited the ones I’ve ran across claim it’s Tip Top Shelf, will see as one thing I have experience is Smoke and I’ve smoked everything from Mexican Brick Weed, Red Bud, Cambodian, etc. all those strains from the 1970 thru 2000 and more ..... BEST WEED I EVER SMOKED, Hands Down, was an indica Clone a buddy gave me in 1984 that I grew under a 400 watt HPS ..... believe it or not the Cola Bud was 121 Grams- DRY and smoke so powerful the joint put itself out, too much resin, had to smoke in a bowl ..... After that grow, family and job took over life but now I’m back and I hope Breaking Free claims that top spot.

History: Research Cornell University Soil and check it out, that’s is what I used in 1984 - I spiked it with worm castings and bag guano and feed plant fish fertilizer and seaweed .... Turns out the dirt I used the university had been working on since 1939 .... Just a little History Lesson from OB.

Wishing you the best of Grows, bro and thnaks for stopping by!

PS ...... Good call on PPFD, watch her leaves if they curl inward, less light .... I mean I get mine where she should be at and she grows a few inches, so watch her closely, she’s a monster!

I just removed the bottom 6 lateral fans

She’s nice and open now :)

69a4bf190b11f7c386723f995fb22dda.jpg

In the middle of LST’ing her branches down. She has a BEAUTIFUL node structure!! Great spacing under my 96’s mixed with her genetics. 3500k all the way! (I’ve actually moved her out from under the QB’s as I’m using them to flower my other plants, she she’s under a 600W led for now.

That took care of my leaf cupping :)

She got her makeover finished up just now, thought I’d show ya :)

e9449a1193ad00c3b7eeb7d49a0f3074.jpg

6c6db9471e664b0002968d91ae94197e.jpg

I hope she turns out as ridiculously amazing as your girl did

You could absolutely win the comp

52 Days ...... Sam’s Crack Needs More Room

Removed some popcorn today in hopes of bigger top buds tomorrow ........ Amd we are done training the cola horizontally, Cola is now growing vertically but you outa see the troops right on her tail ....

Frosty WOW ..... As a Battle Plant there were three other Plants started at same time and while they have some frost, Sam has frost even on the outside lower buds, unreal frost on this Girl and I don’t suspect she will slow down anytime soon ..... Looks like, from the few reports out there she finishes about 67-68 days, so 2 1/2 weeks but I see that as early for this plant ....

Sam’s Crack was spreading and tent was getting crowded so one of Sam’s Sisters needs to leave the tent ..... With Sricky Jane, aka Gold Glue, being so beautiful, unfortunately only other choice was Nugs .... Nugs is now a Stable Mate of 3 Bears ..... Thnaks for checking out ..... We will be doing both a dry and cured weight on Sam and the her stable mates in The Mephisto Grow Battle 2019 .... Sam’s Crack, Gold Glue, 3 Bears OG, and Strawberry Nuggets ...... Results and photos will be posted here, stay tuned.

Popcorn Sam
EB40EA20-B551-4D8D-A454-AFB006B72F34.jpeg

Frosty Lower Bud ..... Amazing how much frost, in what seems early but maybe within 3 weeks. .... Not enough experience growing or with this strain to know .... just the limited history but 70 maybe magic number
5328FFB9-5CF2-4EED-9C4E-F39FAE2EB18D.jpeg

Sam and Gold Glue, look at how much larger she is, while angles and other factors but still she is huge .... think she is like 22” tall and 28” wide depending on where you measure but she is pretty well rounded
20CB295D-E93C-43F8-B2B0-FAD7C94FA3DD.jpeg

Note buds forming on right top ... cola and big competing bud going north
93564615-F11A-4882-97AF-B25613DC17E1.jpeg

Attachments

• 4841AE36-44FE-4C6B-89B0-324F03F095FF.jpeg
    4841AE36-44FE-4C6B-89B0-324F03F095FF.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 48
Back