Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

I will be watching your training tech with the bend and release. Very nice there MrOldBoy!
cheers
os

Hey Organic, glad ya noticed ..... grab some 7” tent pegs, aluminum, and just hang 1-2-3 or more where ya wanna bend ..... add or substract as needed when needed ..... easy peasy goes quick and much much safer than tying or having rubber wires all over the place ..... I’ve got the 7’ and a couple odd ball steel ones .... going to add some 9” aluminum- I really like the aluminum for their smoothness and they don’t seem to damage the plant and no reaction with aluminum on stem that I can see ....plus the are rear nice for bow tie, think they call it, on the cola, sweet bro just use two, one on each side and slide up .... weigh them down or tie them off or with 9”, maybe slide into dirt ....

Too cool, the peg trainers, get em here folks!
9468AD09-0445-46A5-AFBB-375C6A2605C3.jpeg

Hey Organic, glad ya noticed ..... grab some 7” tent pegs, aluminum, and just hang 1-2-3 or more where ya wanna bend ..... add or substract as needed when needed ..... easy peasy goes quick and much much safer than tying or having rubber wires all over the place ..... I’ve got the 7’ and a couple odd ball steel ones .... going to add some 9” aluminum- I really like the aluminum for their smoothness and they don’t seem to damage the plant and no reaction with aluminum on stem that I can see ....plus the are rear nice for bow tie, think they call it, on the cola, sweet bro just use two, one on each side and slide up .... weigh them down or tie them off or with 9”, maybe slide into dirt ....

View attachment 1026525
I use stakes myself, just a little diff style of staking. I use coated solid wire scraps for mine. I have all kinds of lengths. I love stakes compared to using other tie downs. When I do need tie downs however, garden Velcro works sweet. Very versatile and re-useable.
cheers
os

Day 44 - Sam’s Crack - MONSTER

Remove about 15 ish popcorn bud sites - some side buds that weren’t ever going to amount to much .....

I then sat there and just admired her and the phenomenal growth
1F5346D6-E4F3-47E0-82C5-15EBA484BD7F.jpeg

A5E8E2E2-A7BD-408C-8C4A-08B62C7487C2.jpeg

I use stakes myself, just a little diff style of staking. I use coated solid wire scraps for mine. I have all kinds of lengths. I love stakes compared to using other tie downs. When I do need tie downs however, garden Velcro works sweet. Very versatile and re-useable.
cheers
os

Good use of resources, whatever helps shape them to bear the most buds!

Day 45 Sams Crack

She never ceases to amaze me .... Explosive growth, again .... Breaking Free has been drinking a lot lately, every time I visit the tent, which is often she gets some water ..... This AM another 2 quarts ..... Been giving her small doses of mammoth P and some Bud Food Food in her water, not much - under label instructions but more often ..... I don’t like to eat a big meal in one sitting and figure plants same way so I give little at a time - No real formula, just gut instincts ....

Explosive Growth ..... Like a kid in a candy store, can’t wait to get to cash register, pay, get outside and eat ..... Did I tell you guys I love growing my own and even though I’ve invested heavily into growing, I couldn’t be happier with the early fruits of my labor and AFN help / support .... Thanks for checking out.

Stay Tuned I’m going for a record ..... What the mind can conceive, it can achieve!

8F963DDE-4B8B-41FA-89EC-6655F352223B.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 1026525
Hey OB, Do you use the stakes to weight them down or does the end of the steak attach to something?

Hey OB, Do you use the stakes to weight them down or does the end of the steak attach to something?

Thanks for question and I was thinking about this today coming back from Walmart with six shiny new 7 inch pegs at 69 cents each, these were steel, weigh a little more ....

OK easiest explain is you have done this before each year at Xmas .... it’s like hanging candy canes on the Xmas tree ..... no further explain .... teasing - so just hang the peg on the leaf / stem juncture .... depending on where you hang on branch and how far you want branch to hang determines size of peg, candy cane, you’ll need .... I am now discovering those 12-18” hanging basket hooks work well on some branches ....

Pegs hanging in various locations... note cola at 3pm and 5 and 7pm pegs
A216196B-F5B1-4D3F-9B10-B41814A4F5F7.jpeg

Here you see Cola and with nice bend and growth resuming upwards but more importantly note the three highly visible new buds coming from cola stem, these are new sites and will form new buds rather than become a part of the cola .... You can see easy 3 new sites in pic but there’s more, lot more ....

Important lesson for me, is I need to train side side growth more next grow and allow more room as I believe if I had a dedicated tent I could fill easy 3x3 with netting, just by training and living soil or any other proven method in good growers hands .... training with the pegs is so much quicker, really quick and better I suspect some will discover .... I’m lovin Reid,TD and speed of application and removal ..... I also use the pegs as rakes to brush plant upwards after removal I then check for blocker leaves and deal with them using the pegs, I’ve found they work much better than fingers but that’s just me ....
0609E78F-5732-4DFD-B79F-A3DAF73F9FB6.jpeg

Tools I’ve been using .... Just like hanging candy canes, why tie and pull and yank, just hang .... before long you’ll come up with own tools .... quick easy try ... clothes pins for leaf tie backs or weight for pegs, who knew!

54A4523B-5AF7-443F-B415-46FCBC38B2BB.jpeg

Good luck and thanks for checking out .... Peace!

Last edited:
Thanks for question and I was thinking about this today coming back from Walmart with six shiny new 7 inch pegs at 69 cents each, these were steel, weigh a little more ....

OK easiest explain is you have done this before each year at Xmas .... it’s like hanging candy canes on the Xmas tree ..... no further explain .... teasing - so just hang the peg on the leaf / stem juncture .... depending on where you hang on branch and how far you want branch to hang determines size of peg, candy cane, you’ll need .... I am now discovering those 12-18” hanging basket hooks work well on some branches ....

Pegs hanging in various locations... note cola at 3pm and 5 and 7pm pegs
View attachment 1027604

Here you see Cola and with nice bend and growth resuming upwards but more importantly note the three highly visible new buds coming from cola stem, these are new sites and will form new buds rather than become a part of the cola .... You can see easy 3 new sites in pic but there’s more, lot more ....

Important lesson for me, is I need to train side side growth more next grow and allow more room as I believe if I had a dedicated tent I could fill easy 3x3 with netting, just by training and living soil or any other proven method in good growers hands .... training with the pegs is so much quicker, really quick and better I suspect some will discover .... I’m lovin got it
View attachment 1027607

Tools I’ve been using .... Just like hanging candy canes, why tie and pull and yank, just hang .... before long you’ll come up with own tools .... quick easy try ... clothes pins for leaf tie backs or weight for pegs, who knew!

View attachment 1027606 .
I like the idea of what you are doing, it is a fast and easy way to help train your plants. The only argument I would possibly give for tying your plant instead or in conjunction with your Technique is that sometimes you actually need to pull and tug to properly shape and expose bud sites. Your plants look really good! Very lush and thick, good work. I am impressed with what you do with living soil. Totally not something I would do, mad props. It is a lot of work, but you have great results.

I like the idea of what you are doing, it is a fast and easy way to help train your plants. The only argument I would possibly give for tying your plant instead or in conjunction with your Technique is that sometimes you actually need to pull and tug to properly shape and expose bud sites. Your plants look really good! Very lush and thick, good work. I am impressed with what you do with living soil. Totally not something I would do, mad props. It is a lot of work, but you have great results.

Thank You for those kind and encouraging words :cheers:
:pass:

Always wanna smoke one when I chat with you .....

So ya I hear that, gotta pull / tug / twist .... Believe it or not, pegs do all that, safer and more effective too ....

with the pull, I just pull with hook and hold down with paint can, see 2-3 week posts for pics, they are there .... wrapped cola with two and pulled, on eom each side, bow tied while we were at it ....

Check way earlier post ps where I used pipe cleaner wrapped around cola, had cleaner tied to a peg stuck in the soil, now that was a hassle tying to tie-off a small f__ stem with fat round fingers and tiny pipe cleaner that I couldn’t see if I had a leaf in the mess .....

Cola incident got me thinking ..... Then it hit me, try the tent peg like candy cane on Xmas tree, hang it ...... found a few and starting messing with them .... soon discovered the speed and ability to slowly weigh the stem down by adding more pegs or moving pegs up;down or .... the list goes on .... and ability to rake leaves and tuck like working chop sticks .... was actually getting good at grabbing leafs and tucking with two of them ....

Offer You Can Refuse - But Why? OK only today, call before 5am ..... try the pegs for 30 days, risk free, and if you don’t like them simply drop them of at a camp site near you .... don’t worry about refund, go home and smoke big one forget ...... so give em a try they were 65 cents for 7” ones at Walmart, picked up some today in an open box thing, no fancy wrapping ..... 65 cents each, they can be addictive .....

Yes probably disadvantages, just haven’t experienced them yet and advantage of the safety / speed would probably outweigh anyways cause I’m “hooked”.

Train Early - Train Often

Back