Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Nice plant! I have around 2 weeks left on my Sam's crack and it's looking pretty promising :drool:
I use a similar training method. I had a roll of aluminum wire that I cut to length and attached various sized fishing sinkers to one end. Works great if you train young.

Nice plant! I have around 2 weeks left on my Sam's crack and it's looking pretty promising :drool:
I use a similar training method. I had a roll of aluminum wire that I cut to length and attached various sized fishing sinkers to one end. Works great if you train young.
I had the same idea. But I use my Crates instead. All serve the same purpose and are just a preference. Good luck.

Thank You for those kind and encouraging words :cheers:
:pass:

Always wanna smoke one when I chat with you .....

So ya I hear that, gotta pull / tug / twist .... Believe it or not, pegs do all that, safer and more effective too ....

with the pull, I just pull with hook and hold down with paint can, see 2-3 week posts for pics, they are there .... wrapped cola with two and pulled, on eom each side, bow tied while we were at it ....

Check way earlier post ps where I used pipe cleaner wrapped around cola, had cleaner tied to a peg stuck in the soil, now that was a hassle tying to tie-off a small f__ stem with fat round fingers and tiny pipe cleaner that I couldn’t see if I had a leaf in the mess .....

Cola incident got me thinking ..... Then it hit me, try the tent peg like candy cane on Xmas tree, hang it ...... found a few and starting messing with them .... soon discovered the speed and ability to slowly weigh the stem down by adding more pegs or moving pegs up;down or .... the list goes on .... and ability to rake leaves and tuck like working chop sticks .... was actually getting good at grabbing leafs and tucking with two of them ....

Offer You Can Refuse - But Why? OK only today, call before 5am ..... try the pegs for 30 days, risk free, and if you don’t like them simply drop them of at a camp site near you .... don’t worry about refund, go home and smoke big one forget ...... so give em a try they were 65 cents for 7” ones at Walmart, picked up some today in an open box thing, no fancy wrapping ..... 65 cents each, they can be addictive .....

Yes probably disadvantages, just haven’t experienced them yet and advantage of the safety / speed would probably outweigh anyways cause I’m “hooked”.

Train Early - Train Often
I do the exact same thing, hanging candy canes, but just on the side branches. Works slick with the upper branches where I would need real long stakes. I have different lengths that are different weights, and even a few thicker heavier gauged ones.
I agree they are super versatile and a great tool. I combine stakes with Velcro when needed and I have it all.
cheers
os

Day 46 Sam’s Crack aka Breaking. Free

Light Frost Warning
12C1B424-D424-4793-A020-A39509314C97.jpeg

Very happy with ease to train - Responds quickly - Cola on right, buds just below tip are from cola stem and I suspect a result of cola being trained to grow horizontally
6644EF86-4074-4C0E-9011-260D4B1998BD.jpeg

Day 47 Sam’s Crack

Size Matters .....

Mephisto Girls - 44 to 48 Days Old

Left to Rigjt Right:

Strawberry Nuggets - Sam’s Crack - Gold Glue

Strawberry Nuggets and Gold Glue received Minimal Traing whereas Sam Extensive Training .... Sam’s Cola is right side just before 3 o’clock .... Cola has a lot of bends made in it to get over to the right side, meanwhile other areas experienced growth spurts .... The Plant is a Monster and responds very well to each low stretch train session, which lasts 3 to 7 hours, never a full day, never, I don’t wanna Stretch her out that long.
:bighug:
06E9A83B-892C-4904-8AF1-513F475AD26F.jpeg

Pic of Sam and Gold ..... Note how much bigger Sam is, what a monster but Gold is the cutie, for sure ..... Probably my favorite - looks like a houseplant, beautiful.
A7CBE837-E95D-4918-8FDD-B34FB690AF24.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 47 Sam’s Crack

Size Matters .....

Mephisto Girls - 44 to 48 Days Old

Left to Rigjt Right:

Strawberry Nuggets - Sam’s Crack - Gold Glue

Strawberry Nuggets and Gold Glue received Minimal Traing whereas Sam Extensive Training .... Sam’s Cola is right side just before 3 o’clock .... Cola has a lot of bends made in it to get over to the right side, meanwhile other areas experienced growth spurts .... The Plant is a Monster and responds very well to each low stretch train session, which lasts 3 to 7 hours, never a full day, never, I don’t wanna Stretch her out that long.
:bighug:
View attachment 1028304

That SC looks like a dense bush. Are you going to thin it out? Its looks dense in the pic but it could be shadows playing a trick.

I always struggle doing that myself. Trying to do it better each new grow. One thing I heard but can't say its right per se is you should be able to see thru the plant to the other side. If you can't, then she needs to be defoliated. I error on the side of cutting to much away sometimes. Thats been my problem in the past.

Very nice looking 3 plants though. Love the looks of the gold glue praying to the sun.

That SC looks like a dense bush. Are you going to thin it out? Its looks dense in the pic but it could be shadows playing a trick.

I always struggle doing that myself. Trying to do it better each new grow. One thing I heard but can't say its right per se is you should be able to see thru the plant to the other side. If you can't, then she needs to be defoliated. I error on the side of cutting to much away sometimes. Thats been my problem in the past.

Very nice looking 3 plants though. Love the looks of the gold glue praying to the sun.

Thank you for those kind words and heads-up, appreciate it!

Systematically, slowly, removing under canopy while traing .... Ome concern was removing too much foliage until buds showed some giddy up and go ..... Today about 7 popcorn and a few leaves were removed .....

As additional insurance I have five different fans hitting that girls, all with low speeds but air is moving all around her ..... Even though it’s winter still and humidity is low, tent humidity hovering 65 percent so just an hour ago I put in a dehumidifier, will see how that works as my VPD was not in the desired range ....

How’s this looking so far? Note the two training pegs hanging down, right side!

4C05EF4A-7D70-40E7-AEA2-32D9F0964F34.jpeg

Thank you for those kind words and heads-up, appreciate it!

Systematically, slowly, removing under canopy while traing .... Ome concern was removing too much foliage until buds showed some giddy up and go ..... Today about 7 popcorn and a few leaves were removed .....

As additional insurance I have five different fans hitting that girls, all with low speeds but air is moving all around her ..... Even though it’s winter still and humidity is low, tent humidity hovering 65 percent so just an hour ago I put in a dehumidifier, will see how that works as my VPD was not in the desired range ....

How’s this looking so far? Note the two training pegs hanging down, right side!

View attachment 1028537

Looks good. Still a bit dense but its better to do less cutting. And with that air circ you have going you can afford to keep the machete in the sheath instead of hacking it all up in one go. Gradually is best. How many grows have you done so far?

Looks good. Still a bit dense but its better to do less cutting. And with that air circ you have going you can afford to keep the machete in the sheath instead of hacking it all up in one go. Gradually is best. How many grows have you done so far?

Appreciate the evaluation ... Agree, will trim a few more and as needed forward ...

If you count 1983 HPS Grow then this would be my third grow . ..... From 1983 to present no grow - family / work ....

Started December last year and that grow was OK but not killer .....

This is my second led grow and fist in living soil ....

Thanks for asking, I take that as a compliment. :yay::thanks: :yay:

Last edited:

Appreciate the evaluation ... Agree, will trim a few more and as needed forward ...

If you count 1983 HPS Grow then this would be my third grow . ..... From 1983 to present no grow - family / work ....

Started December last year and that grow was OK but not killer .....

This is my second led grow and fist in living soil ....

Thanks for asking, I take that as a compliment. :yay::thanks: :yay:

Yes its a compliment.

Back