Indoor Mephisto GWK (Grape Walker Kush) & AvT (Alien vs Triangle)

Dude! I'm geeked with this run, the GWK trich production is just... Wow. So far that one phenotype is just next level.

As always, appreciate the compliments and you taking the time to stop on by!

I think you have just decided my next run...

Thank you, thank you!

It's finally getting to the point where it's pretty hands off (training-wise)... Just in time to start watering daily :/

Nah man, you're good. AvT would dwarf those GWK's if I let her. The amount of trimming, tying and cropping to keep that girl in line... Jeez.

Looking like AvT will take the win on the yield front - unless she comes in on the airy side. GWK flowers are noticeably denser, however, still early in the game.

Well... 6 became a bit much. The SCH's from short stuff can now be found outdoors :) Curious to see how they handle the transition.

Re: drying and curing -
I've attempted a few different methods now, hang and wet trim, hang and dry trim, hang to dry and then jar, hang to bag to jar, bag to jar...

My last cut, I broke the plant down into individual stems/coldc. I rough trimmed wet, fans and some sugarless leaf, and then went straight into brown bags, into a perforated box and into an 80deg/90%rh environment. I slowly, incrementally dropped temp and rh over ~8 days to 60deg/65%rh, then into jars.

That process, albeit a one-off without any scientific basis, has resulted in the best retention of pre-cut terp profiles - relative to any of the other methods I've tried.

Your dry curing method is really interesting! Are you going to be doing the incremental dry again this time. Do you use the BOVEDA packs when you jar??

peace and keep up the excellent work

I think you have just decided my next run...

Your dry curing method is really interesting! Are you going to be doing the incremental dry again this time. Do you use the BOVEDA packs when you jar??

peace and keep up the excellent work

Zero regrets with GWK. Dropped a couple double grape seeds into water last night, stay tuned for that journal.

Incremental dry - yes, I'm going to attempt again. I think I'll try it against a different method (same plant) as well to see if there's any measurablem difference.

Yes, I always use moisture control in jars. Have switched from boveda to Integra (boost 62).

Update Day 53 - Photo Shoot

GWK phenotype's lack consistency, however, they all exhibit tremendous trichome production.

The AvT is coming along nicely as well, in plant structure, yield potential and flower quality.

IMG_20190503_231216.jpg
IMG_20190503_231053.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190503230354859.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190503230339726_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190503230326697_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190503230150044.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190503230004407_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190503225848155_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190503225839123_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190503225831350_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190503225811059_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190503225805429.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190503225734928.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190503225722840_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190503225702115.jpg

thats one juicy alien!!! great growing coming along nicely :d5:
frost levels on all of these is just insane.

Would you suggest topping anything from royal queen seeds or fastbuds? Seedsman's genetics? Got a few autos I wanna try this on but I was gonna wait a few grows and throw in a freebie I got from the seedsman promo to experiment with topping. Currently have 2 autos under a scrog net. Never been topped, never been defoliated. Shit is like a tropical jungle in my tent atm...

Would you suggest topping anything from royal queen seeds or fastbuds? Seedsman's genetics? Got a few autos I wanna try this on but I was gonna wait a few grows and throw in a freebie I got from the seedsman promo to experiment with topping. Currently have 2 autos under a scrog net. Never been topped, never been defoliated. Shit is like a tropical jungle in my tent atm...

They're all reputable breeders/distributors with some great (some good) genetics - yes, they can be topped and some likely multiple times.

Do you have RH issues in your grow space? Reduce plant mass through defoliation.

Do you end up with popcorn/larf on lower plant growth at harvest? LST to open up plant structure and improve penetration and lollipop to focus growth on upper flower sites.

SCROG is only effective if you're growing a strain with some legs and stretch potential. You'd be hard up to really efficiently utilize a scrog technique with some ryders, Kush, indica's.

You can achieve a similar effect through topping and training. Plus you're not bound to your grow space. Have a problem with a plant, take it out. Want to do some maintenance, take it out. Water over a tub or sink, take it out. Want to rotate a plant to better distribute light, rotate away... Try that in a scrog.

Yeah that's kinda been my issue. I figured with the scrog technique I could increase yield without going through the daunting task of tying down each individual branch, but I probably do need to defoliate since it's kinda like a tropical jungle in there. Do you think I should go through with it considering I am in week 6 and have already begun to flower them?

Yeah that's kinda been my issue. I figured with the scrog technique I could increase yield without going through the daunting task of tying down each individual branch, but I probably do need to defoliate since it's kinda like a tropical jungle in there. Do you think I should go through with it considering I am in week 6 and have already begun to flower them?

If a leaf isn't receiving light, it's not photosynthesizing. So now you've got a leaf that isn't contributing to plant growth, however, is still utilizing water and nutrients to sustain itself. Sure it gives some back in late flower but unless you're LOS/organic, it's inconsequential.

I'm at week 8 and I still defoliate.

Start from the centre top, cut leaves that block flower sites and leaves that block other leaves.

Ok. I will definitely be defoliating tonight. Thank you for the input. I mean it. I was getting worried I was doing something wrong. These are my first autoflowers. My very first grow a few years back was going great till a swat team kicked my door in. Luckily I only had one plant and they said it was less than 2 oz. But the laws have gotten more lax about cultivating and it's kinda the only way I can trust what I get now. I dont live near a dispensary, nor do I want to get it from someone else who I have no idea what they put in it. So your input really helps me out!!

Ok. I will definitely be defoliating tonight. Thank you for the input. I mean it. I was getting worried I was doing something wrong. These are my first autoflowers. My very first grow a few years back was going great till a swat team kicked my door in. Luckily I only had one plant and they said it was less than 2 oz. But the laws have gotten more lax about cultivating and it's kinda the only way I can trust what I get now. I dont live near a dispensary, nor do I want to get it from someone else who I have no idea what they put in it. So your input really helps me out!!

Happy to help out - you couldn't have come across a better forum of like minded individuals. Let me know how they turn out.

Back