Indoor Mephisto GWK (Grape Walker Kush) & AvT (Alien vs Triangle)

Update Day 49

What was 6 is now 4.

Both SCH have been pulled from the tent and are now outdoors. They're both incredibly dense plants in great health, however, they're taking up too much room in the tent and quite frankly are nowhere near the perceived quality of the GWK's or AvT.

Heavy pine, fuel, lemon coming from the tent. One GWK phenotype is particularly greasy. There's a third in the tent, however she's 10 days behind and not nearly as photogenic (yet).

GWK's
IMG_20190430_210325.jpg
IMG_20190430_210423.jpg
IMG_20190430_210328.jpg
IMG_20190430_210406.jpg

AvT
IMG_20190430_210334.jpg
IMG_20190430_210347.jpg
IMG_20190430_210357.jpg

Some fine frost you’re getting from those GWKs. How do they smell these days? Mine kind of lost their grape scent when harvested but they’re potent for sure.

I can't truthfully say I pick up on any grape. We eat a lot of grapes in this house, hell, drink our fair share of wine as well; I can't remember the last time I picked up a cluster of grapes and thought ''wow, these are some smelly grapes"... A very passive fruit in that sense.

Now, synthetic grape (i.e.: grape drink, grape flavored medicines, etc...) That shit is unmistakeable and I'm happy to report not an inkling of synthetic grape like scents.

They're really heavy on the pin/myrc-ene profiles - and once disturbed, you catch a lemon/citrus and earthy profile. It's a potent smell, strong but not in that offensive dank-fuel sense. Definitely seductive, I can find myself unnecessarily tending to them.

Just as much science and art to the dry and cure as there is to the grow (arguably more so). Capturing those pre-chop terps in a finished product is an obsession of mine.

:worship: the training man, that's impressive! the shot of all 6 of 'em lined up - that's really something!

i thought my GWK was a smaller pheno or something but seeing as you have all three keeping up with an AvT so well brings me to the conclusion that i messed up :crying:

speaking of which, that AvT looks geared up to produce some grade A buds. and with what @ColoradoDreaming420 says about it you guys have just secured AvT as the next bean getting popped for me too.

i have a semi well trained Samsquanch on the go right now and it's hard work to keep on top of - i commend you for managing 6 perfectly train girls at once.

curious if you have detailed your drying and curing methods at all?

:pop:

I can't truthfully say I pick up on any grape. We eat a lot of grapes in this house, hell, drink our fair share of wine as well; I can't remember the last time I picked up a cluster of grapes and thought ''wow, these are some smelly grapes"... A very passive fruit in that sense.

Now, synthetic grape (i.e.: grape drink, grape flavored medicines, etc...) That shit is unmistakeable and I'm happy to report not an inkling of synthetic grape like scents.

They're really heavy on the pin/myrc-ene profiles - and once disturbed, you catch a lemon/citrus and earthy profile. It's a potent smell, strong but not in that offensive dank-fuel sense. Definitely seductive, I can find myself unnecessarily tending to them.

Just as much science and art to the dry and cure as there is to the grow (arguably more so). Capturing those pre-chop terps in a finished product is an obsession of mine.
Interesting, there was only the slightest hint of grape scent and not so much artificial grape as earthy grape if that makes sense. I get what you’re saying as grapes aren’t terribly aromatic.

My AvT was very pungent with pine and citrus, almost offensive it was so strong. A month in jars and it has retained a more subdued aroma. She finished with fluffy buds but very frosty so I chose her for infused MCT oil. For a first attempt at infusions I am extremely pleased with my homemade AvT oil. No more prescription meds from the LPs for me.

And yeah, your training technique is awesome as @Froot n Fuel mentioned. My training is little better than a clusterfuck of pipe cleaners and cursing. Lol

Update Day 49

What was 6 is now 4.

Both SCH have been pulled from the tent and are now outdoors. They're both incredibly dense plants in great health, however, they're taking up too much room in the tent and quite frankly are nowhere near the perceived quality of the GWK's or AvT.

Heavy pine, fuel, lemon coming from the tent. One GWK phenotype is particularly greasy. There's a third in the tent, however she's 10 days behind and not nearly as photogenic (yet).

GWK's
View attachment 1053368 View attachment 1053362 View attachment 1053367 View attachment 1053363

AvT
View attachment 1053366 View attachment 1053365 View attachment 1053364

broooo thats one frosty bitch!!!! I hope my AVT is as leggy as yours, she is a beauty. The GWK look brilliant too. I will be definitely taking some training tips from yourself.

Really interesting what you said about the grape smell, hopefully the taste will more resemble a super sweet red grape... hmmmm. Either way you're storming it!

Keep it up.

peace.

:worship: the training man, that's impressive! the shot of all 6 of 'em lined up - that's really something!

i thought my GWK was a smaller pheno or something but seeing as you have all three keeping up with an AvT so well brings me to the conclusion that i messed up :crying:

speaking of which, that AvT looks geared up to produce some grade A buds. and with what @ColoradoDreaming420 says about it you guys have just secured AvT as the next bean getting popped for me too.

i have a semi well trained Samsquanch on the go right now and it's hard work to keep on top of - i commend you for managing 6 perfectly train girls at once.

curious if you have detailed your drying and curing methods at all?

:pop:

Thank you, thank you!

It's finally getting to the point where it's pretty hands off (training-wise)... Just in time to start watering daily :/

Nah man, you're good. AvT would dwarf those GWK's if I let her. The amount of trimming, tying and cropping to keep that girl in line... Jeez.

Looking like AvT will take the win on the yield front - unless she comes in on the airy side. GWK flowers are noticeably denser, however, still early in the game.

Well... 6 became a bit much. The SCH's from short stuff can now be found outdoors :) Curious to see how they handle the transition.

Re: drying and curing -
I've attempted a few different methods now, hang and wet trim, hang and dry trim, hang to dry and then jar, hang to bag to jar, bag to jar...

My last cut, I broke the plant down into individual stems/coldc. I rough trimmed wet, fans and some sugarless leaf, and then went straight into brown bags, into a perforated box and into an 80deg/90%rh environment. I slowly, incrementally dropped temp and rh over ~8 days to 60deg/65%rh, then into jars.

That process, albeit a one-off without any scientific basis, has resulted in the best retention of pre-cut terp profiles - relative to any of the other methods I've tried.

Interesting, there was only the slightest hint of grape scent and not so much artificial grape as earthy grape if that makes sense. I get what you’re saying as grapes aren’t terribly aromatic.

My AvT was very pungent with pine and citrus, almost offensive it was so strong. A month in jars and it has retained a more subdued aroma. She finished with fluffy buds but very frosty so I chose her for infused MCT oil. For a first attempt at infusions I am extremely pleased with my homemade AvT oil. No more prescription meds from the LPs for me.

And yeah, your training technique is awesome as @Froot n Fuel mentioned. My training is little better than a clusterfuck of pipe cleaners and cursing. Lol

Grape scent - makes total sense.

AvT is definitely the primary perpetrator of pine in my tent as well. I love it! How did you make your MCT oil? Very curious! Been contemplating some flower derivative that gives better shelf life with high potency.

Training technique - thank you! Cursing is a requisite of all good training techniques!

broooo thats one frosty bitch!!!! I hope my AVT is as leggy as yours, she is a beauty. The GWK look brilliant too. I will be definitely taking some training tips from yourself.

Really interesting what you said about the grape smell, hopefully the taste will more resemble a super sweet red grape... hmmmm. Either way you're storming it!

Keep it up.

peace.

Dude! I'm geeked with this run, the GWK trich production is just... Wow. So far that one phenotype is just next level.

As always, appreciate the compliments and you taking the time to stop on by!

Back