Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Ok everyone this is staying a Mephisto Grow as an Independent Battle so we'll be posting your weekly updates in here and tagging me. Some of the other battles will be posted into the Biggest Grow Battle and those team leaders will be copying your updates into the other closed threads and will reopen at the finals for voting polls.
1) @Padawan1972
2) @Only1Sky
3) @the green bandit
4) @jb_moviefan
5) @Need4Weed
6) @Archaic
7) @F.N.
8) @Kya Knight
9) @Wawashell
10) @Rwg111
11) @Hypathetical Gardener
12) @Moabfighter
13) @Uro germ
14) @STILLSMOKIN
15) @midIN
16) @Quentin3176
17) @Jc420bigbud
18) @Conrad Poohs
19) @Prophetiko
20) @Tiny Bubbles
21) @MrOldBoy
22) @Andrew lange
23) @Dabber
24) @IzzyTheGrower
25) @High'n'Dry
26) @Steviestash
27) @DGrowgirl
28) @Mavadines
29) @ZaneMcgyver
30) @KonopCh
31) @Readzer
32) @slowandeasy
33) @Robbie714
34) @DABaracuss
35) @puggle6
36) @stedimed
37) @ClydeWalters
38) @Cotton46
39) @bluntz
40) @TreyDogg
41) @Weedstress
43) @ColoradoDreaming420
44) @AJrexxx
45) @Tyler_Durden88
46) @Farqual
47) @SOOTDAWG
Do I have to repost my germ pics I also deleted the original pic And week 1 update pic.

Bro that’s killer info to share .... Similar to the way I do but I go for outside corners and then a spray or two near the plant. I’ve also will employ a Turkey Baster and little squirt in the corners or where I think it’s needed.

View attachment 1010814

I thought it to be quite valuable information. Will basically 95% prevent over watering if you pay attention to how much your actually squirting into the dirt. Do it evenly for best results, it’s about every 3 days I do that until they get large enough to take a full on watering without slowing down at all

Targeted Watering

Good stuff :)

My seedlings are kicking ass right now, their just starting off and already have 4 side branches each on my Sour Cracks. Excellent genetics Mephisto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been using turkey baster on my vegetable starts since the Carter Years ..... I’m new to indoor gardening, kinda, I have always started my own plants inside under T5s or window or whatever light I had, but, as far as a full grow insdie a tent, I have a long way to go but I’m working on it.

Any edible vegetables in your tent??

@Moabfighter

Did have a couple little gem lettuce but I removed them, kinda warm so back to T5 but have outside for a bit today

1AC4C448-61D5-494B-9973-62796269AF9D.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought it to be quite valuable information. Will basically 95% prevent over watering if you pay attention to how much your actually squirting into the dirt. Do it evenly for best results, it’s about every 3 days I do that until they get large enough to take a full on watering without slowing down at all

Targeted Watering

Good stuff :)

My seedlings are kicking ass right now, their just starting off and already have 4 side branches each on my Sour Cracks. Excellent genetics Mephisto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most plants die for two reasons:

1. Too much water
2. Too much fertilizer

I really like to cut my soil hardcore with perlite. My nine three gallon pots have half a bale of pro mix to two garbage bags full of perlite. It drains excellent. To field capacity. So basically I can water and water and water, and it will always drain out to the exact same water content. You can also use river sand, crushed shells, or even small gravel for added drainage.

@Moabfighter Good Point - By doing so you’ve eliminated one of the two most common reasons for killing a plant, overwatering .....

I would also like to add small lava rock to your cut soil list!

@Moabfighter Good Point - By doing so you’ve eliminated one of the two most common reasons for killing a plant, overwatering .....

I would also like to add small lava rock to your cut soil list!

Awesome, note to others you can often find lava rock in the grilling section at Lowe’s Walmart etc. it’s commonly used for water smoking meat. I’ve actually only ever seen lava rock in the grilling section. It may be around garden stores I don’t know. Thanks for the info I’m going to check prices on lava rock when I go out. Perlite is expensive if not bought in bulk. 8 quart bag for 5 bucks doesn’t do shit..

Awesome, note to others you can often find lava rock in the grilling section at Lowe’s Walmart etc. it’s commonly used for water smoking meat. I’ve actually only ever seen lava rock in the grilling section. It may be around garden stores I don’t know. Thanks for the info I’m going to check prices on lava rock when I go out. Perlite is expensive if not bought in bulk. 8 quart bag for 5 bucks doesn’t do shit..

Lava Rock won’t float or move in the soil either ..... I picked up a broken bag at “home cheapo” in the garden section for a $1 but it was the larger stone until it met Mr. Hammer ..... got some rock dust outa the deal too as Mr. Hammer was a 9lb sledge ..... feed dust to my gardening buddies, the worms .....

Found a really good source on water / dirt relationship .... Worth Checking Out - Knowledge is Power

http://www.skyeinstruments.info/index_htm_files/Soil Guidance Notes.pdf

If you do nothing else, check out page 7 and 8 .... Highly Educational and Recommended

Best of Grows to All.

Last edited:
Back