Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Sounds good. I started on the late side, so my weekly updates will be on the late side of each week. I appreciate the reminders, I am old and my memory is not like it used to be.

I hear ya brother ..,. Last Easter I hid 12 eggs, grandkids only found 11 of them, so I was worried until I remembered I ate the 12th one!

Lava Rock won’t float or move in the soil either ..... I picked up a broken bag at “home cheapo” in the garden section for a $1 but it was the larger stone until it met Mr. Hammer ..... got some rock dust outa the deal too as Mr. Hammer was a 9lb sledge ..... feed dust to my gardening buddies, the worms .....

Found a really good source on water / dirt relationship .... Worth Checking Out - Knowledge is Power

http://www.skyeinstruments.info/index_htm_files/Soil Guidance Notes.pdf

If you do nothing else, check out page 7 and 8 .... Highly Educational and Recommended

Best of Grows to All.

Is gypsum any good to add to soil? It’s pretty rocky. Used to use it for mushroom substrate.

Is gypsum any good to add to soil? It’s pretty rocky. Used to use it for mushroom substrate.

Brother I’m not sure, would have to check ..... Off top of my head I would have to say no as gyp when wet will form solid mass as in a gypsum roof deck where we’ve laid steel before the deck guys came in ...... Also believe gypsum is what they make drywall out of - not sure on gyp rock but logic tells me the dust from the rock would bind the soil

Pic below shows the steel deck, I once laid and the roof deck over ... gypsum roof deck:

CD387EA0-B952-414D-A457-61D1BB4EA61E.jpeg

Best of Grows.

Sounds good. I started on the late side, so my weekly updates will be on the late side of each week. I appreciate the reminders, I am old and my memory is not like it used to be.
I try to give everyone a reminder around mid week if I haven't seen the post or happen to miss it so I can keep up to date. It's all about having fun and helping out as I know I get sidetracked too.

Gypsum iis already added into many common soils. It's a source of calcium. Definitely won't hurt anything to use it as an amendment.

Didn’t know that so there must be different grades such as an agriculture grade ....

I remember from the job sites the bags had gypsum written on them, they poured into the forms for the roof deck and it set hard as a rock .... or the stuff they used had some kinda hardener in them .... I have not done any research but now I’m curious ... or maybe just light enough amounts so as not to bind ..... Lazy Stoner Science!

Back