Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

I don’t see anyone with a non new tester strain really standing much of a chance though, unfortunately. They’re going to be wow and poppy and overshadow the common strains.

@bushmasterar15 week1 update
01b425277da68eae0a80a6ba35870d25.jpg
b65b2e7e931f4bfcd56155524f3d7715.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t see anyone with a non new tester strain really standing much of a chance though, unfortunately. They’re going to be wow and poppy and overshadow the common strains.

Not necessarily. I thought the same thing at first and was like wait a minute no fair, but I really don’t think the fact it’s one of the new unreleased strains will sway voting that badly. Just because other people are growing “common” strains doesn’t mean they won’t have a better looking plant and ultimately earn themselves more votes. The last winner of Mephisto Grower of the year won with a northern cheese haze, and that’s a 2017 artisanal.

Day 13 looking SOLID brother ..... bet she’ll really take off in a week or so!

Thank you. Here she is today. Very very excited to see such a healthy vigorous growing plant, not just for this fun battle but it really is growing at the most powerhouse of a rate of any of my other plants in the tent.

Also, this is my week 2 contribution @bushmasterar15

1E6D8FE0-43AF-49EA-8435-7865BA2B5A0F.jpeg

Just the opposite actually. They aren't "new strains" yet.. They are "testers". And testers are just that. If there is a common issue with a strain, they can decide not to release it. These testers are so mephisto can get an idea of the different pheno expressions in different grow environments. The seeds they sell on their site have already been tested, except for the illuminautos, those are untested releases. The ones running the test strains have a lot more variables to deal with.

Just the opposite actually. They aren't "new strains" yet.. They are "testers". And testers are just that. If there is a common issue with a strain, they can decide not to release it. These testers are so mephisto can get an idea of the different pheno expressions in different grow environments. The seeds they sell on their site have already been tested, except for the illuminautos, those are untested releases. The ones running the test strains have a lot more variables to deal with.

Excellent Point(s), Brothers .......

Even with all the variables, I’m thinking the “test” Sam’s Crack will be my choice .....

Had four entrants, 3 Bears, Gold Glue, Strawberry Nugs and Sam’s Crack ..... one of each of my seed stash .....

So being first Grow Battle I may of not thought thru entire process after hearing wife’s comment, “Size Does Matter” ..... so in my mind I’ve already kicked out two of the plants, the 3 Bears and Gold Glue ......

Remaining is Strawberry Nugs and Sam’s Crack and Strawberry Nugs was a late bloomer plus Sam is the best of the bunch so Sam’s Crack will probably be my entry but Nugs still in the race but behind by 9-10 lengths at the quarter pole but ya never know until they hit the wire!

520D6235-CA35-4D78-B690-A490ACDC4462.jpeg

Last edited:
I put My Girl in her final pot today she will be my pick for this battle she is a Mystery Mix so hopefully someone that has Grown many Mephisto van identify her later on lol this is not an update just a posting and sorry this picture is not very Crisp ✌️
IMG_20190206_153324.jpg
IMG_20190206_153311.jpg

Back