Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

I had two choices for a battle plant. Ss x fe or deez nugs.

Ss x fe is going to be a monster! She’s my pick. Day 13.
View attachment 1010656

You must be doing something right bro because your plants are ahead of mine! Nice work! (Confused tho :/ I think I’m using terrible soil. Happy frog) I didn’t know happy frog was SO HYDROPHOBIC!! Ugh it’s terrible. Hopefully the ones I plant in the washed re-used soil from last round will do better. Amending with EWC to start. All roots are removed too.

e7cf89502a9ca3eed7e3e45540f92038.jpg

Plants are looking good, popped on the 18th @ midnight. I’d say their about 13 days old.

@bushmasterar15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be doing something right bro because your plants are ahead of mine! Nice work! (Confused tho :/ I think I’m using terrible soil. Happy frog) I didn’t know happy frog was SO HYDROPHOBIC!! Ugh it’s terrible. Hopefully the ones I plant in the washed re-used soil from last round will do better. Amending with EWC to start. All roots are removed too.

e7cf89502a9ca3eed7e3e45540f92038.jpg

Plants are looking good, popped on the 18th @ midnight. I’d say their about 13 days old.

Im experiencing the same issue. Ive moved to daily very light watering and a heavy watering every few days... The light watering is just to keep the top/sides moist. Maybe .25 - .5 liters?

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

Im experiencing the same issue. Ive moved to daily very light watering and a heavy watering every few days... The light watering is just to keep the top/sides moist. Maybe .25 - .5 liters?

I do what I have coined “targeted watering”

I use a spray bottle on jet mode, and pick 4 spots around the seedling, and squirt a certain amount in the same spot.

What it does is bleeds downward in a CONICAL shape, in 4 places in the pot. The rest of the soil remains mostly damp to dry. I switch the 4 spots I do that in every time, as to alternate training root areas.

I’m getting GREAT results with the Sour Cracks and my Ripleys OG :)

Thought it was worth a mention.

@bushmasterar15

Try adding some yucca to the water. Yucca will help soil absorb. Read more here:

https://www.maximumyield.com/yucca-extracts-a-gardening-secret-from-the-desert/2/1236

Best of grows, I hope everyone is a winner!

I do what I have coined “targeted watering”

I use a spray bottle on jet mode, and pick 4 spots around the seedling, and squirt a certain amount in the same spot.

What it does is bleeds downward in a CONICAL shape, in 4 places in the pot. The rest of the soil remains mostly damp to dry. I switch the 4 spots I do that in every time, as to alternate training root areas.

I’m getting GREAT results with the Sour Cracks and my Ripleys OG :)

Thought it was worth a mention.

Bro that’s killer info to share .... Similar to the way I do but I go for outside corners and then a spray or two near the plant. I’ve also will employ a Turkey Baster and little squirt in the corners or where I think it’s needed.

DECFB6CC-1BFB-4AC5-B026-0C201F326D01.jpeg

I will add some mulch to help slow evaporation rate and then I like to spray / mist the mulch to help further slow evaporation and keep moist so the earth worms can eat mulch and make fertilizer while they are at it! Note the chopped leaves and even cardboard (top left) used for mulch.

0633E5A1-94C0-44CB-BE99-C5BAF2C26147.jpeg

A turkey baster is a fine watering tool!

Have been using turkey baster on my vegetable starts since the Carter Years ..... I’m new to indoor gardening, kinda, I have always started my own plants inside under T5s or window or whatever light I had, but, as far as a full grow insdie a tent, I have a long way to go but I’m working on it.

Back