Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Here's a random chart I pulled up. Just to show that I'm not making it up..
bbm-04-17-2017-resized.jpg

e a Strawberry Nugs and a 3 Bears in 22 quarts dry soil each and they too are about same as Gold Glue ..... I think @Chronic_ passion advertised yields are accurate thus Ripleys OG looks like highest yeilder but you may wanna consider White Crack, I saw a grow here on AFN that’s was about 8oz of some huge colas ....
can you please post a VPD chart that shows temps and rh ranges for the flowering stage of cannabis, or one that shows a suggested temp of 77 and a rh near 55 being in the good range? I'd love to see that. No VPD chart I've seen has taken the flowering stage of cannabis into account.

Here is one from a HighTimes article from a few years ago.

jwwSfcL.png (1007×732).png

Its the one I personally use. But Im not saying wither of you are right or incorrect. I personally believe everyone is correct. ... It is a plethora of conditions that lead to large yields. I would say that others seem to have more of an influence than others. But I think we could all agree that the more control and knowledge you have on each of these the better your yield. These would be the main factors I would contribute in relative order.

- Genetics : 1st and for most. The way genes work is freaky as shit. This is a must.
- Lighting : Photosynthesis is the bringer of life
- Grow Medium and size : plenty of studies on this and generally speaking more roots = bigger plant.
- Air conditions : VPD is a good measurement to guide for sure.
- Nutrients : I honestly believe this to be the least important factor...though most expensive at times lol.
- Training plants to these utilize these conditions

With all this being said I am sorry to hear you have had bad luck with Mephisto genetics as they seem to be killing it majority of the time. @jb_moviefan

can you please post a VPD chart that shows temps and rh ranges for the flowering stage of cannabis, or one that shows a suggested temp of 77 and a rh near 55 being in the good range? I'd love to see that. No VPD chart I've seen has taken the flowering stage of cannabis into account.

Here’s from High Times and I quote .....

“As you move through the flower stage, the VPD would then follow to between 13-15.5 in weeks five through nine. This would mean lower temps around 74° – 76°F and a relative humidity between 42 – 51 percent. This cooler and drier condition will allow the medium to dry out more evenly so that you could have more consistency with irrigation dry downs. The cooler temps will also better preserve the terpenes on the plant.”

https://hightimes.com/grow/understanding-vapor-pressure-deficit/

So I was a little high on the RH, stoner memory said 55, close but see chart for magic number depending on week and temps

Probably good stoner science would be humidity should be 2/3 of temp so 75 temp equals 50 RH .... another example 80 temp / 60 humidity ..... You would at least be close ....

The chart I have actually came from this thread posted by @ColoradoDreaming420 ..... so appreciate the chart Dreaming, I’m using and hoping it helps us all grow rock hard buds .... he posted on this thread here

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-grower-of-the-year-2019.68762/page-124

BA13A426-1B0F-4870-94C4-DD50DA8031A6.jpeg

Also note how if you are at 80 degrees in the first few weeks the plant wants a sauna ..... If flowering in last few weeks the plant wants much lower humidity ..... I suppose if you had say average entire grow 75 degrees and 60 percent humidity everyone would be happy kinda most of the time and sometimes really happy but other times, not so much ....

Yes possible and that goes back to, its your bud and if it meets your expeditions, that’s all that counts ....

Best of grows!

Peace,
OB

Here's a random chart I pulled up. Just to show that I'm not making it up.. View attachment 1034687

Here is one from a HighTimes article from a few years ago.q

View attachment 1034739

Its the one I personally use. But Im not saying wither of you are right or incorrect. I personally believe everyone is correct. ... It is a plethora of conditions that lead to large yields. I would say that others seem to have more of an influence than others. But I think we could all agree that the more control and knowledge you have on each of these the better your yield. These would be the main factors I would contribute in relative order.

- Genetics : 1st and for most. The way genes work is freaky as shit. This is a must.
- Lighting : Photosynthesis is the bringer of life
- Grow Medium and size : plenty of studies on this and generally speaking more roots = bigger plant.
- Air conditions : VPD is a good measurement to guide for sure.
- Nutrients : I honestly believe this to be the least important factor...though most expensive at times lol.
- Training plants to these utilize these conditions

With all this being said I am sorry to hear you have had bad luck with Mephisto genetics as they seem to be killing it majority of the time. @jb_moviefan

Excellent Summary Dreaming ..... To that I would like to add just a couple things ....

Two things Used to Kill Plants the Most ....

1. Overwatering
2. Too Much Nutrients and Wrong Kind

OK that’s Old School ..... Been hearing that for years from old fart gardeners, like me ....

Today with the Tent Growing these two should go on the list

3. Lights .... We have very powerful lights today and our plants grow, grow right into too much light - light avoidance that often gets diagnosed as a nute issue
4. Environment .... We want our tents right to keep light and perhaps Co2 in but ventilation is overlooked or improperly balanced making not / cold / humid / dry mini climates within the plants home ..... poor environment leads to sick plants, ah it’s a cal mag issue, add some of that, no it’s PH ... no it’s ..... we’ve seen it just in this grow ....

Don’t remember the poster but they said ...... Stoner Quote: “Half will drop by week fourmdue to various issues” .... Well I didn’t see that happen but we’ve lost over 1/3 with many no reports ....

OldBoy rambles ...Time for a nap, I’ll have to go pee in a couple hours anyways and then check the girls.

Peace,
OB

Hey Peeps and @bushmasterar15

Week 8 update for the Wonderfully Weird Wanda the Walter White. She’s perked up since a nice big feeding and still happy doing her thing!

IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg

Her hairs are sooooooo White and chunky almost like wool

IMG_0136.jpg

And she’s covered in White furry bud sites [emoji7]

IMG_0137.jpg

Life in the perpetual garden is good but getting tight for space!!

IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg

Catch ya laters Peeps [emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back