Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

I consider anything that consistently produces over 120g to be a "big yielder", and I've never got more that 60g off any Mephitso I've grown, and don't expect more than that from either of the 2 I have going now.

All my metrics: environment, pot size, lights, nutes, ect., should lead any plant to a successful finish in theory. The only things missing from my grow would be daily watering to waste (I do water to waste once per week, thanks @Tyler_Durden88), co2, and maybe an upgrade to coco from ProMix.

I really don't think it's me, but I have no intentions of giving up, which is why I'm starting 1 Mephisto a week until I get through the 26 I have left. That's half a year of Mephitso heading my way, so I should be an expert by the end.

It’s all in how you grow.

All my first Mephisto’s were ALL small.

But now I have some MONSTERS

but I have some teeny tiny ones too

It’s down to genetics choice, and method of growing. Ur plants could be staying small for a hundred different reasons. Overwatering usually being the most common reason.

Check it out

2e1eba0773d39179875a0bfcfbd66e54.jpg

My Sams Crack In the back right corner is going to be the largest plant I’ve ever grown

Mephisto gave me that one for free

My Ripleys has a couple ounces on it already and there’s still a few weeks to go ;)

54037a9583ebc97bca1de94f77ea7356.jpg

Those buds are Super Dense

But then I have runts like this
38c747f243c84608a1189391a00dec80.jpg

87cbb81fc4bfbb51c5998c9ecf76f0e7.jpg

The genetics match up with the descriptions tho :/

Best of luck to you!!

Alien VS Triangle is their highest THC/one of the best yielders

Ripleys OG is their tallest strain

Sour Crack is the fastest strain
I just stuck one in the closet for 48 hours of darkness before harvest today actually
8e46ae71f985ac34997fd6e78fc431c2.jpg

Little small but I’ve already harvested one, sour Crack plant a week ago, and it’s the best smoke I’ve ever ever grown.

That’s all I can say really :/ it might be a TOUCH hit or miss with the phenotypes... but my GOD the quality is absolutely unmatched

Cheers Mephisto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are you getting off each? What are you expecting when you say big yielders?
That's quite an open question to be fair. I really depends on the grower, experience and environmentals. From what I've learnt here, it really depends on a lot of factors but mainly: environment, lighting, pot size and medium used, nutrients and pH.

On paper Mephisto have:
Ripley's OG up to 300,
S.O.D.K. up to 210,
Hubbabubbasmelloscope up to 210...

Chronic makes bunch of valid points and he hit the nail on the head with just one word .... often overlooked or not taken SERIOUS and that word is NOT:

Medium .... Medium can be debated, hydro verses soil verses SIP verses whatever .... All methods have had killer grows .... so not medium used, yea gotta use right one but not magic bullet

Lighting ... Not it either, seen crap Grows under highly rated lights and and great grows under small little known lights such as the 13 oz auto, posted on AFN by @Organic Sinse under two COBS, one 40 watt and other 50 watt, yes 13oz under 90:Watts of lights so lights not the difference .....

Pot Size ... Plays a role but again examples of 6-8 ounces from 2-3 gallons pots and1 ounce from 5 gallon pots, nope pot Size isn’t the magic bullet .....

Nutrients.... I won’t even go there, don’t use them, don’t believe in them but those that do know and understand bottled nutrients have great grows, this ain’t magic either .... what the flip ....

PH .... Nope not it either, I never check my PH, don’t care I know the water doesn’t burn or smell .... I’ve got a good grow going so not PH either, dang OldBoy what ya thinking????????

Experience .... Nope and I won’t brother with examples, post is getting long ....

OK WHAT IS IT OB?????

Environment..... I don’t give a hoot if everything else is dialed in “el perfecto” if your environment isn’t, your grow will be sh_t all f_ck up ..... Yep Environment comes first and the rest follows .... the better the following the better the grow .... and to expand on environment a little - the so called “Perpetual Grows” will never grow Top Shelf as their environment is compromised, RH is either too high for Bud Formation or too Low for vegetation growth ..... Avoid Perpetual Grows, rather grow a full cycle ..... Search VPD or Vapor Pressure Deficit for more info on temps/RH and how they play an important role .....

Good luck and you can get that half elbow (pound) from that plant, now get out there and grow, Boy!

Peace,
OB

Last edited:
It’s all in how you grow.

All my first Mephisto’s were ALL small.

But now I have some MONSTERS

but I have some teeny tiny ones too

It’s down to genetics choice, and method of growing. Ur plants could be staying small for a hundred different reasons. Overwatering usually being the most common reason.

Check it out

2e1eba0773d39179875a0bfcfbd66e54.jpg

My Sams Crack In the back right corner is going to be the largest plant I’ve ever grown

Mephisto gave me that one for free

My Ripleys has a couple ounces on it already and there’s still a few weeks to go ;)

54037a9583ebc97bca1de94f77ea7356.jpg

Those buds are Super Dense

But then I have runts like this
38c747f243c84608a1189391a00dec80.jpg

87cbb81fc4bfbb51c5998c9ecf76f0e7.jpg

The genetics match up with the descriptions tho :/

Best of luck to you!!

Alien VS Triangle is their highest THC/one of the best yielders

Ripleys OG is their tallest strain

Sour Crack is the fastest strain
I just stuck one in the closet for 48 hours of darkness before harvest today actually
8e46ae71f985ac34997fd6e78fc431c2.jpg

Little small but I’ve already harvested one, sour Crack plant a week ago, and it’s the best smoke I’ve ever ever grown.

That’s all I can say really :/ it might be a TOUCH hit or miss with the phenotypes... but my GOD the quality is absolutely unmatched

Cheers Mephisto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid, like the way the one plant looks, what appears, to be purple buds ......

Get a new phone, nice pics Clyde!

Best,
OB

Want to the Mephisto US site today and could not find any seeds for sale. Am I on the wrong site? @stan_mephisto

Chronic makes bunch of valid points and he hit the nail on the head with just one word .... often overlooked or not taken SERIOUS and that word is NOT:

Medium .... Medium can be debated, hydro verses soil verses SIP verses whatever .... All methods have had killer grows .... so not medium used, yea gotta use right one but not magic bullet

Lighting ... Not it either, seen crap Grows under highly rated lights and and great grows under small little known lights such as the 13 oz auto, posted on AFN by @Organic Sinse under two COBS, one 40 watt and other 50 watt, yes 13oz under 90:Watts of lights so lights not the difference .....

Pot Size ... Plays a role but again examples of 6-8 ounces from 2-3 gallons pots and1 ounce from 5 gallon pots, nope pot Size isn’t the magic bullet .....

Nutrients.... I won’t even go there, don’t use them, don’t believe in them but those that do know and understand bottled nutrients have great grows, this ain’t magic either .... what the flip ....

PH .... Nope not it either, I never check my PH, don’t care I know the water doesn’t burn or smell .... I’ve got a good grow going so not PH either, dang OldBoy what ya thinking????????

Experience .... Nope and I won’t brother with examples, post is getting long ....

OK WHAT IS IT OB?????

Environment..... I don’t give a hoot if everything else is dialed in “el perfecto” if your environment isn’t, your grow will be sh_t all f_ck up ..... Yep Environment comes first and the rest follows .... the better the following the better the grow .... and to expand on environment a little - the so called “Perpetual Grows” will never grow Top Shelf as their environment is compromised, RH is either too high for Bud Formation or too Low for vegetation growth ..... Avoid Perpetual Grows, rather grow a full cycle ..... Search VPD or Vapor Pressure Deficit for more info on temps/RH and how they play an important role .....

Good luck and you can get that half elbow (pound) from that plant, now get out there and grow, Boy!

Peace,
OB
I think the clear solo cups for the first 2 weeks keeps the rh plenty high, and that 45% rh for the rest of the grow is arguably perfect, both for the remaining 2 weeks of veg and all through flower. I'm confident that rh isn't the culprit for my lack of success with Mephitso. Someone mentioned over watering, which I suspected early on. Could it be that Mephitso genetics are simply more susceptible to issues with over watering early?

I think the clear solo cups for the first 2 weeks keeps the rh plenty high, and that 45% rh for the rest of the grow is arguably perfect, both for the remaining 2 weeks of veg and all through flower. I'm confident that rh isn't the culprit for my lack of success with Mephitso. Someone mentioned over watering, which I suspected early on. Could it be that Mephitso genetics are simply more susceptible to issues with over watering early?

No ... Have you looked at VPD Chart?

Genetics don't play a role in over watering. In my opinion, for some reason, when growing autos, people forget to separate phenotypes from the strains.. The final size of the plant is more genetic than anything else. Yes, you can put any seed in a small pot and it will be "smaller".. But you can also put a seed in a small pot and it will out grow it. Genetics. Most of the mephisto freebies and lluminautos are f1 crosses, so you will see at least 4 different pheno types. From Big, small, bushy, ect, based on the parents.. Now the original, artisanal, limited lines, have several strains that are at f4 or higher and you may only get one or two phenos.. Those are the strains that you may be able to safely label as tall or short or a heavy yeilding "strain" and not just a phenotype ..For example, I can't look at a pic of someone's ghost toof plant at harvest, and expect the same results, in any way shape or form.. There are too many factors/variables, like grow style, environment, ect. on top of the genetic factors.

Perpetual grows work extremely well for many people as well, and is one of the sole advantages of running autos. You don't need two tents on two different light schedules. 45-50% rh from seed to harvest and boom. No issues. Why do you feel you are not having success? Is it based on yield? I saw you mention sodk and Ripley's. Both of those are at the top of the larger scale for mephisto, and have always yielded well for me. I would definitely recommended either one to someone looking for yeild.

Last edited:
Genetics don't play a role in over watering. In my opinion, for some reason, when growing autos, people forget to separate phenotypes from the strains.. The final size of the plant is more genetic than anything else. Yes, you can put any seed in a small pot and it will be "smaller".. But you can also put a seed in a small pot and it will out grow it. Genetics. Most of the mephisto freebies and lluminautos are f1 crosses, so you will see at least 4 different pheno types. From Big, small, bushy, ect, based on the parents.. Now the original, artisanal, limited lines, have several strains that are at f4 or higher and you may only get one or two phenos.. Those are the strains that you may be able to safely label as tall or short or a heavy yeilding "strain" and not just a phenotype ..For example, I can't look at a pic of someone's ghost toof plant at harvest, and expect the same results, in any way shape or form.. There are too many factors/variables, like grow style, environment, ect. on top of the genetic factors.

Perpetual grows work extremely well for many people as well, and is one of the sole advantages of running autos. You don't need two tents on two different light schedules. 45-50% rh from seed to harvest and boom. No issues. Why do you feel you are not having success? Is it based on yield? I saw you mention sodk and Ripley's. Both of those are at the top of the larger scale for mephisto, and have always yielded well for me. I would definitely recommended either one to someone looking for yeild.

Excellent Post .... Interesting about the Pheno Types ..... I saw that in the Strawberry Nugs, most are fat and short but I had one that grew more like a Clyde’s Ripley but not that big but a more normal plant ..... good stuff ....

Apologies if I disagree with Same Tent / Environment Idea .... Don’t wanna get into a shouting match but I bring back to post a link from .edu to help back the post .... While many can produce a web page that states, this is a University Study, not some sales page to buy their whatever ....

Same Tent: While I agree it can be done, question is how do you measure?

You know, it’s your bud? Hey If your happy, don’t bother to waste your time reading ..... I have nothing to gain and you won’t either .....

Myself, I’m committed to achieving optimal growth ...... RH / Temp preferences change as they age .... in human life that happens too .....

Having your VPD out of wack leads to other issues such as pests and diseases...... below is a link to study on VPD .... note the extension on the url, .edu, t is from a university......

VPD is oh so important and something I had no clue and often wondered when I walked into greenhouses .... noticed some greenhouses where humid while others were cooled by AC .... now I understand they were controlling their VPD as they needed the best condition for those plants, otherwise their livelihood was trashed ....

Here’s that Michigan State University link

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/why_s...pay_attention_to_vapor_pressure_deficit_and_n

Peace,
OB

:pass:

i think having fun and learning a thing or two each time is the most important thing to growing weed , i see people try way too hard and thats when problems ussally happen ,it aint rocket science , smoke a bone and have some fun

anybody have updates , im voting for for the fourm stomper guy as of now , love the look of that plant

Back