Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

She looks much better now. I haven't seen much growth lately this will be the last week I feed for flower then pk only till flush
20190324_154644.jpg

Sry for the low light. Borrowing a phone for this today. Mine took a hit last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what are the big yielders from Mephisto? I love the variety they have, but every strain I've done from Mephisto has been small and low yielding, plus they all struggle at some point during the grow. Looking back through this thread and others the trend of small struggling plants seems to be a theme for Mephisto. Are they just notoriously hard to grow, or is there something specific to this breeder that I'm missing? Or am I just not growing the right strains? I've tried Deep Blue C, Toof Decay, Ripley's OG, SODK, White Chem, and Northern Cheese Haze, and none of the stalks have gotten bigger than my pinky, very frustrating...

So what are the big yielders from Mephisto? I love the variety they have, but every strain I've done from Mephisto has been small and low yielding, plus they all struggle at some point during the grow. Looking back through this thread and others the trend of small struggling plants seems to be a theme for Mephisto. Are they just notoriously hard to grow, or is there something specific to this breeder that I'm missing? Or am I just not growing the right strains? I've tried Deep Blue C, Toof Decay, Ripley's OG, SODK, White Chem, and Northern Cheese Haze, and none of the stalks have gotten bigger than my pinky, very frustrating...
How much are you getting off each? What are you expecting when you say big yielders?
That's quite an open question to be fair. I really depends on the grower, experience and environmentals. From what I've learnt here, it really depends on a lot of factors but mainly: environment, lighting, pot size and medium used, nutrients and pH.

On paper Mephisto have:
Ripley's OG up to 300,
S.O.D.K. up to 210,
Hubbabubbasmelloscope up to 210...

I consider anything that consistently produces over 120g to be a "big yielder", and I've never got more that 60g off any Mephitso I've grown, and don't expect more than that from either of the 2 I have going now.

All my metrics: environment, pot size, lights, nutes, ect., should lead any plant to a successful finish in theory. The only things missing from my grow would be daily watering to waste (I do water to waste once per week, thanks @Tyler_Durden88), co2, and maybe an upgrade to coco from ProMix.

I really don't think it's me, but I have no intentions of giving up, which is why I'm starting 1 Mephisto a week until I get through the 26 I have left. That's half a year of Mephitso heading my way, so I should be an expert by the end.

Think yield has a lot to do with Pot size and grow methods along with training ...... In this pic are two Mephisto Girls .....

The Larger Sam’s Crack there isn’t much history on but she is sitting in about 54 dry quarts of Living Organic Soil ..... Her Sister, who is a few days younger, Gold Glue has 22 dry quarts of soil to work with ..... While not a true compare it seems less soil equals smaller plants but that couldn’t be confirmed by this grow but I suspect more soil, to a point, equals more buds .....

I also have a Strawberry Nugs and a 3 Bears in 22 quarts dry soil each and they too are about same as Gold Glue ..... I think @Chronic_ passion advertised yields are accurate thus Ripleys OG looks like highest yeilder but you may wanna consider White Crack, I saw a grow here on AFN that’s was about 8oz of some huge colas ....

Best,
OB

Sam’s Crack is Huge Compared to Gold Glue but Genetics Play Big Role
23A3CB99-097D-4EC6-B62A-C7D2FA281D52.jpeg

Nice Buds Forming in Sam’s

4274B78D-B5EF-4C8D-A006-7E714DC4E780.jpeg

Gold Glue in 22 Quarts of LOS .... Seven Gallon Pot but 3” space left at top for mulch and top dressing, btw.
B64A3C27-E700-4225-86C5-8362DC0D38FD.jpeg

Back