Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Well I use Coco, Char Coir is amazing and cleaner than anything I have used Coco wise. Roots Organic is known to be a better Soil. Royal Gold is higher Quality bagged soil. I have heard good things about Tupur, but never used it. Unfortunately, many mediums are infested with bugs because demand is higher and Quality goes down. For example, Canna Coco used to be cleaner. I stopped using it years ago when I had plastic bottles, junk, rocks, and free springtails. The moment I stopped using Canna, I have never seen a Springtail since. Maybe some soil gurus can suggest a better Soil. Good luck.

What are some good quality choice?

I'm fairly happy so far with Earth Juice coco. It's nothing special, but it's not had any downside either.

@bushmasterar15

Orange Diesel day 36, she's loving megacrop and cool temps. Like I said earlier, I'm not gonna win but I'm gonna make you nerds work to beat me.

KIMG0066.JPG

Using Happy Frog or any Fox Farm soils and your symptoms = Bugs. I would start there, knowing your choice of Medium. Anyone reading this with similar symptoms, buy some Quality medium instead of that garbage. Just being honest. You may think it is something else, but I am confident Happy Frog is your issue. Look for Root Aphids or gnats in your soil. If you have any. Chuck your left over Happy Frog and your plants. They won't do well and will keep bugs multiplying.
I didnt have the issue with oceanforest but im running hf now and have seen a few gnats. Slowed watering regiment and let the soil go an extra day and a half. The problem went away. Yes i believe its the soil, but we can control our indoor environments.

Sent by a weed nerd

Using Happy Frog or any Fox Farm soils and your symptoms = Bugs. I would start there, knowing your choice of Medium. Anyone reading this with similar symptoms, buy some Quality medium instead of that garbage. Just being honest. You may think it is something else, but I am confident Happy Frog is your issue. Look for Root Aphids or gnats in your soil. If you have any. Chuck your left over Happy Frog and your plants. They won't do well and will keep bugs multiplying.

Agree with the bugs but they do come with my grow .... IPM is important .....

But what I don’t deal with are the deficiencies and vicious cycle of add this or that - no add those to your water, oopies added to much or too little, round and round you try to grow .....

F__k that I needed something else, something I could put my hands into, something the the plant can get food from and FFOF or HF wasn’t it, I could see that when I opened the bag, it was just peat moss and some junk they called organic, yea right, my worms couldn’t live in it, did I tell you I raised worms before I grew weed, I knew what good compost was, I was an outdoor gardener, I knew rich soil and FFOF or HF wasnt like my garden soil, I knew that yet, silly me, still tried to go the bottle / FFOF path, silly me, sigh, wasted time and money, live / learn .....

But I’ve seen folks with great plants using FFOF and HF and just plain coco .... I grew junk with those methods, it wasn’t for me, i just couldn’t get them to grow right .... I aged my soil, i did this or that it just didn’t work ....

I wanted only the best, at this age u r kinda picky and grumpy too they say, sorry if I offend anyone that is not my intent, anywyas ......

then I discovered I could bring 40+ years of outdoor garden skills inside and do LOS and it changed my Grows a Flippin Zillion percent ..... Who knew years of playing with outdoor garden soil, mulching leaves and playing with worms and horse poop and rabbit poop, getting coffee grounds from StarieBucks would pay dividends such as this .... Organics kick butt!

Attachments

• 0BD80E34-FD0C-4F89-A33D-5A1FAB542345.jpeg
    0BD80E34-FD0C-4F89-A33D-5A1FAB542345.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 49
  • F97ACBAE-FB97-4A23-8FC1-FB8D24C86104.jpeg
    F97ACBAE-FB97-4A23-8FC1-FB8D24C86104.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 46
I'm fairly happy so far with Earth Juice coco. It's nothing special, but it's not had any downside either.

@bushmasterar15

Orange Diesel day 36, she's loving megacrop and cool temps. Like I said earlier, I'm not gonna win but I'm gonna make you nerds work to beat me.

View attachment 1024243

Nice setup / clean, I like that - Keep er growing!

This is the chart I have been following. It has the advantage of having weeks listed on there and a much better resolution for printing off than others I have found

View attachment 1024159

Printed that bad boy .... thanks and that has VPD as well, thnaks again ..... looked at a couple vids on VPD and now this chart helps put some of that info together ...... I am running upper 50 on RH and mid 70s on Temp .... during veg it was like a swamp in the tent .... 80ish with RH uppet 79s .... plants responded well ....

Thanks again bro, appreciate it!

I mix these two soils and then mix compost from my worm bin (secret ingredient my own compost that I know what it’s made from)

https://www.kisorganics.com/products/kis-organics-biochar-soil-mix
https://buildasoil.com/products/living-organic-soil-malibu-compost

Add in worms from my bin .... three kinds, reds, euros and Africans ..... and some kelp ....

Toss in a good environment, light and love (another secret ingredient we all have) .....

And it produces plants like this ......

Coming along nicely .... look at stem size, nice!
Thanks. That started in reused hf and using megacrop. Its tall af. And almost no branching. Its gunna be 1 cola. I hope it fills out!!

Sent by a weed nerd

The Final where the top 3 from 1st Leg & 2nd Leg and winner from 2018 compete for the Mephisto trophy.

So are you saying the winners will Battle each other?

So even if a Grower misses the second Battle but Wins the First that Grower will Battle the other Top Growers in like a Winner Battle?

So are you saying the winners will Battle each other?

So even if a Grower misses the second Battle but Wins the First that Grower will Battle the other Top Growers in like a Winner Battle?
Yeah the top place finishers from 1st Leg will continue onto the Final battle. Then you still have a chance in the 2nd Leg if you didn't place in the first to make it to the Finals.

Back