Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Temps? Mine stay around 80-82

Lowering temps / RH going into the flower stage ..... I was running around 81-82ish with RH 75ish and co2 1,100-1,200 ish ..... but now I’ve dropped my temp down to 77ish and RH down to low 60 and looking to go down more on RH and slight on temp ..... Here’s pic, showing lows and highs for entire grow cycle .... the low temp / RH readings are result of open tent otherwise my environmental controller keeps conditions pretty tight to where you set them .....

2CAE41C3-BF9C-409F-952C-BEBE9C2E56D2.jpeg

Plant level .... this is the one that counts ..... other temp gauge is in corner
7C066B31-3A73-4FA6-B380-404120794C7A.jpeg

Lowering temps / RH going into the flower stage ..... I was running around 81-82ish with RH 75ish and co2 1,100-1,200 ish ..... but now I’ve dropped my temp down to 77ish and RH down to low 60 and looking to go down more on RH and slight on temp ..... Here’s pic, showing lows and highs for entire grow cycle .... the low temp / RH readings are result of open tent otherwise my environmental controller keeps conditions pretty tight to where you set them .....

View attachment 1023880

Plant level .... this is the one that counts ..... other temp gauge is in corner
View attachment 1023881
Nice setup I have the equipment to control all my Room just having time to set it up I'm in process of building a Building to grow in as for now I just have to struggle but I do agree and didn't think about my soil I'm using may be compact and not letting the Autopots work correctly so I will see how for a different setup and see how it goes

Sohum? I've been reading up on it and ordered a small amendment for Autoflowers gonna test it out maybe

With Loving Soil Grow I don’t worry so much about deficiencies rather we start with a good soil mix, earth worm castings play such an important role, anyways start with good mix your own soil https://growingorganic.com/soil-guide/coots-soil-mix/

Or buy premixed from guys like build-a-Soilmand then add things such as compost, barley straw, worms, grokashie or however the f u spell it, and feed the soil / worms - no t the plant ..... let the plant pick out what it wants and when I t wants it ...... Simple really .....

hydro confuses me, I have no clue when to add what ..... Let alone who’s marketing hype bottle I buy, miracle in a bottle, sorry if I offend anyone, I’m just too old for that, again sorry if offended ...... suppose I could follow a feeding schedule and it looks or so easy and impressive, especially DWC but my brain just can’t figure it, but I do know how to feed worms, heck it kids play - raised and sold a few as a kid.

Not bragging, but kinda, but I’m also encouraging you to try Living Soil and get results like attached Gold Glue, aka Sticky Jane - small but beautiful.

Attachments

• B658412B-D134-440F-93F4-1ED054DCA9AA.jpeg
    B658412B-D134-440F-93F4-1ED054DCA9AA.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 50
Thanks didn’t think of that . Will look into that next round .
:pass:

Cool Beans ... that’s what it’s about, sharing knowledge - think you’ll like the lava over perlite anyways .... just get small rock or crush your own larger rock, which I’ve done btw .... dust from lava goes into worm bins to help them process food ..... worms have no stomach just juice to digest and spit back out their track .....

When I used perlite I was like thinking why is this stuff coming to the top, did I put more in that I thought always kinda drove me crazy and then one day read a blog, much like this but not weeblo but anyways I wasn’t crazy and there was a perfect explain why, sold me ....... but then came FFOF and the like and back to perlite but at least I knew ..... then came living soil and no perlite, I was happy again and not crazy watching perlite raise outa the pot ....

Peace

Use small black lava rock instead .... perlite floats and shifts .... plus with lava you may get some mineral benefits but mainly it does not float/shift ..... Just a suggestion, choice is yours!

Just for the sake of good knowledge sharing...

Lava rocks and Hydroton WILL effect your PH guys...

If you put it in your medium, it will have a slight effect

I learned this the hard way

Perlite is around the same price as hydroton where I am

Anyways just sharing because it fucked up my hempys PH pretty good.

PH rises to 7.0+ constantly and I water at 5.0ph ...

Yea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for the sake of good knowledge sharing...

Lava rocks and Hydroton WILL effect your PH guys...

If you put it in your medium, it will have a slight effect

I learned this the hard way

Perlite is around the same price as hydroton where I am

Anyways just sharing because it fucked up my hempys PH pretty good.

PH rises to 7.0+ constantly and I water at 5.0ph ...

Yea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lava would lower the PH if it did anything not raise the PH, I respectfully submit .... Hawaiian Soil is known to be acidic not alkaline, and the have a lot of lava rock, just saying but doesn’t prove a darn thing .........

But there is a very simple test .... Let’s smoke a big one and find out :pass:

Take some RO Water and put lava rock i it .... let it sit a reasonable amount of time like a few days, give it plenty of time maybe even blow some bubbles into water, and then test the PH of the water water ..... Of course test ph before too and PPM while your at it ....

We use lava rock in living soils and no worries about PH lowered .... But anyone with RO water (I use rain water) and some lava should be able to figure one way or another .......

Lava Rock is also used as a filter for ponds and fish tanks, kinda doubt it has effect on PH but then try the test, don’t take my word for it.

Last edited:
Back