I dunno bro, ive been losing a shitton of em.. but when 10 are planted( for example) and 9 germ( with tail showing, then carefully planted in the media and out of 9, four sprout.. this is bullshit, its not my method cause i hear about this more and more.. sure we all had 100% germ success at one point, it dont mean shi* when you get a 20% success rate... i could go back to sprouting one at a time and have eith a 100% or a 0%.. hmmm .. anyway, im im!!!!View attachment 799870View attachment 799871
Just my .02, but a heating pad works wonders with a humidity dome for me (I use rapid rooters as well, 100% germ). If you get em loose like me, I recommend cutting the bottom so it's even/flat and toss a bit in the hole as they are wayyy to deep for seedlings, drop the seed and cover it with only a little ground up scrap from the bottom. My only issues early on have been failure to lose the helmet and one bean I dropped and stepped on (this girl never left the gate). Hope it helps, cheers!

It is important store your seed stock correctly first and foremost. Age is not seeds friend either. I am a decent grower but I have a 90% germ rate at best I always have one or two that do not cut the mustard. We use to with seeds that were hard to sprout take a match box and rub the seed on the match starter to make them pop easier it worked.
Great point! My beans are vacuum sealed in a lightproof secondary container and stored in the fridge until germ.

No shame in my game bro.. i am not at all blaming the seed companies,cause ive had different vendos gear cause the same issues.. worst case , about 4 months ago, lost 15 out of 20... why lie?!?!? Hey @Starbreaker , ive killed more seeds than my pup!! Bwahaha.. at least laugh about it
Dude your awesome! I can see the Pirate within. I wish i could have you around my campfire her at Gaugetown! :thumbsup: Ur a Dude!

%100 percent and its our responsibility to contact them if we have a gripe and not air our bitches gripes and complaints here where we can say whatever we want without consequences. Their livelihood is at stake and in my case i have contacted the breeder and we have come to an agreement. I suggest we all do the same and grow on!
:vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:
Well, in my case, these seeds are a few years old, so ill take the blame... yes, if i had just bought these seeds, id be pissed...conversly, fresh seeds this round had 100% success.., i had some not even crack the shell, put those under a lamp to give em a bit of heat

Well, in my case, these seeds are a few years old, so ill take the blame... yes, if i had just bought these seeds, id be pissed...conversly, fresh seeds this round had 100% success.., i had some not even crack the shell, put those under a lamp to give em a bit of heat
Did you store em at room temp? Also curious about the container. Sorry it's the nerd in me that is itchin'

Just my .02, but a heating pad works wonders with a humidity dome for me (I use rapid rooters as well, 100% germ). If you get em loose like me, I recommend cutting the bottom so it's even/flat and toss a bit in the hole as they are wayyy to deep for seedlings, drop the seed and cover it with only a little ground up scrap from the bottom. My only issues early on have been failure to lose the helmet and one bean I dropped and stepped on (this girl never left the gate). Hope it helps, cheers!
Your response is helpful and exactly what i would have said until up to about two months ago because i never had a bean not germ or thrive! Are you starting to feel us? Everybody has a foolproof method until they don't. My library is full of books on how to do this stuff. My grow room has a thermostatic heating mat. I had been %100 for over a year and a dozen or so plants from three or four different breeders. I feel for @stepside because he is me and i suspect we are everyone else. if it hasn't happened to you yet, it probably will. Just be accepting of us non talented germers!

Same here my friends. My last run I think I hit 30% germ. Older seeds from my stock. It was me though. Looking good so far in this one tho!!

Back