Spectrum King on Alibaba. I just followed a link Growmau5 gave out before he was using Cutter Electronics.
I was in talks with them to buy COBs in bulk but i didn't get the price i wanted, so i backed off.
Now there are a lot more places which sell COBs due to the rise in popularity in DIY Lighting.
There are some cheap chinese COBs but best to avoid and keep to CREE, Citizen and Bridgelux Vero COBs.
Spectrum King is a legit company and can be trusted.
Yeah, thats the seller i looked at. Lol i know theres some stupid chinese blurple cobs, i always have gone with citizen and have great results. Im trying the 1825s now, theyre pretty nice, i have 2 on an hlg 120 running at 175w in the mbap i entered here, gonna add a third. Do you know anything about uvb diodes? Im researching what id need for a reptile build, maybe you could pm me if u have any advice

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DHgate and Ali are very reliable as far as I know. I have been using them for several years for this and that. I love order stuff from China, but usually just the low dollar stuff where you can’t loose.

@AutoRick who said anything bad about Mammoth P? The only bad thing I’ve ever heard is the price!! I love the stuff.
For a long time Mammoth P was not sold in the UK and any purchase from Fleabay would incur a hefty price when it came to postage and packing.
It is now available for sale in the UK and the price is still a little on the expensive side of things but you only need to use a little to go a long way.
One thing that is often missed is that you can use Mycorrhizae with Beneficial Bacteria together, BioTabs is a good example of this!
Growmau5 has had good results with Mammoth P , I have also heard other good results from other people.
I intend to purchase some Mammoth P so I can give my own view on it.

For a long time Mammoth P was not sold in the UK and any purchase from Fleabay would incur a hefty price when it came to postage and packing.
It is now available for sale in the UK and the price is still a little on the expensive side of things but you only need to use a little to go a long way.
One thing that is often missed is that you can use Mycorrhizae with Beneficial Bacteria together, BioTabs is a good example of this!
Growmau5 has had good results with Mammoth P , I have also heard other good results from other people.
I saw thay comparison. I dunno if youve read all the posts, but ive been having ridiculous growth with the photo+ in dwc. It might be coincidental, but i think the bacteria in a warm super aerated res kicks thier metabolism and reproduction into overdrive

Yeah, thats the seller i looked at. Lol i know theres some stupid chinese blurple cobs, i always have gone with citizen and have great results. Im trying the 1825s now, theyre pretty nice, i have 2 on an hlg 120 running at 175w in the mbap i entered here, gonna add a third. Do you know anything about uvb diodes? Im researching what id need for a reptile build, maybe you could pm me if u have any advice

I don't know about what reptiles require and I haven't looked into buying UV LEDS.
Some reptiles only need UVA for basking under and then there is the sun worshipping reptiles that need UVB to help make Vitamin D3.
Here is a good link to what UV your reptile needs http://www.uvguide.co.uk/whatreptilesneed.htm
I just had a look at some Exo Terra reptile LEDs, EXo Terra was a company i was looking at when considering UV for my grow cab.
This was a few years back and before Exo Terra went to LED and at the time they were just selling UV tubes.
Exo Terra are a well respected company and looking at their UV reptile LEDs they use 14 UV led diode to 1 Blue diode for their small light and 22 UV diodes to 2 Blue diodes.The page did not state which type of UV was used. https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-day-and-night-light-fixture/
I hope that gives you a starting point to work from but I think you're gonna have to do a bit of Google searching to reach your final answer.

I don't know about what reptiles require and I haven't looked into buying UV LEDS.
Some reptiles only need UVA for basking under and then there is the sun worshipping reptiles that need UVB to help make Vitamin D3.
Here is a good link to what UV your reptile needs http://www.uvguide.co.uk/whatreptilesneed.htm
I just had a look at some Exo Terra reptile LEDs, EXo Terra was a company i was looking at when considering UV for my grow cab.
This was a few years back and before Exo Terra went to LED and at the time they were just selling UV tubes.
Exo Terra are a well respected company and looking at their UV reptile LEDs they use 14 UV led diode to 1 Blue diode for their small light and 22 UV diodes to 2 Blue diodes.The page did not state which type of UV was used. https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-day-and-night-light-fixture/
I hope that gives you a starting point to work from but I think you're gonna have to do a bit of Google searching to reach your final answer.
Cool thank you sir, i did see some of that, i have some panther chameleon eggs, they need uvb. Im trying to figure out the metrics, too much would be bad news. I just got mod approval to join the chameleon forum, im scouring that atm, havent seen any diy led builds, just questions like mine, but i literally just started looking. I really appreciate it man, thank you

The thing is with this stuff is that they are all great tools to help grow stuff. You have Mammoth P, Recharge, Photosythisis Plus, and quite a few more. These are all beneficial Microbe super-packs as Recharge calls themselves. The best part is they all seem to get along and the plants benefit. Then we have all the mycorrhizae products out there for even more goodness. Add in proper soil if your a soil guy like me and watch em grow. Do you need them? Not really. Should you? I say yes.

I'd send Exo terra an Email, they should know what you need!
It will probably be easier to find info on UVB tubes for the eggs, as that is what people have been using for years and then update to LED at a later date.
It gonna take a while for forums to catch up with the latest LED UVB light but i could be wrong!

I'd send Exo terra an Email, they should know what you need!
It will probably be easier to find info on UVB tubes for the eggs, as that is what people have been using for years and then update to LED at a later date.
It gonna take a while for forums to catch up with the latest LED UVB light but i could be wrong!
Thats a good idea. I know luxeon makes a uvb diode. I have like 6-10 months to do research before they hatch, the eggs themselves dont require it. I could make a bulb hybrid fixture, but i like the idea of going all led if possible, and generally want to learn more. I just got an electronics soldering kit so i can lean how to make my own boards, i wanna try using the 561c's and some of the cree xp/xq's. Im reading up on pcb work now. Yeah, the only people ive seen getting into diy is us and reef tank guys, which i used to be but was addicted to buying coral frags like a crackhead lol it was bad. Have u seen the makersled heat sink? Its pretty neat, it has adjustable rail attachments for different diode mounting. Very expensive, but worth it and less than buying a premade fixture that does less. Thanks again bro, youre very helpful and im grateful!

Hey’
You might want to try heatsinks USA they have some new stock made for this with the slots you describe. I use them for my amps. They really great to deal with just FYI.
Oh sweet! I had considered them, didnt see that new one, gonna look now. Thanks man!

Back