Do you know why its not universal? Is it a scientific dispute or smthg? Seems like it should be important to come to an agreement upon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There are different methods using different chemical compounds to come to a measurement and different equipment makers use different methods to create the scales.
EC is the most universal of measuring methods, all EC meters should read the same.
This doesn't mean that EC is always the best scale to use it has it's own discrepancies too but I like EC and it is what I use when measuring chemical ferts.

There is a whole load of data on these measuring systems and in the past I have spent quite a lot of time reading articles on them but at the end of the day we just need to know what works for us.
There is not going to be a universal measurement scale due to different methods/chemical used.
However if you tell someone you use Hanna and your PPM's are lets say 1000 PPM on the Hanna chart and they use the Truncheon meter they can then do a conversion using the conversion chart I posted (1000 PPM on a Hanna pen will measure 1400 PPM on a truncheon).
You can then be sure you are using the same strength solution as you Hanna chum!
There is far too much to explain here but doing some google research can be fun and informative but it can also get quite deep too, all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.
As growers knowing which measurement system we are using so we can get the correct solution strength for our plants.
As i mentioned EC is the most universal measurement, if you tell someone you have an EC of 1.2 then their EC meter will also measure the solution at 1.2 as well.

There are different methods using different chemical compounds to come to a measurement and different equipment makers use different methods to create the scales.
EC is the most universal of measuring methods, all EC meters should read the same.
This doesn't mean that EC is always the best scale to use it has it's own discrepancies too but I like EC and it is what I use when measuring chemical ferts.

There is a whole load of data on these measuring systems and in the past I have spent quite a lot of time reading articles on them but at the end of the day we just need to know what works for us.
There is not going to be a universal measurement scale due to different methods/chemical used.
However if you tell someone you use Hanna and your PPM's are lets say 1000 PPM on the Hanna chart and they use the Truncheon meter they can then do a conversion using the conversion chart I posted (1000 PPM on a Hanna pen will measure 1400 PPM on a truncheon).
You can then be sure you are using the same strength solution as you Hanna chum!
There is far too much to explain here but doing some google research can be fun and informative but it can also get quite deep too, all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.
As growers knowing which measurement system we are using so we can get the correct solution strength for our plants.
As i mentioned EC is the most universal measurement, if you tell someone you have an EC of 1.2 then their EC meter will also measure the solution at 1.2 as well.
Ah, i see, thanks...yes, i know a little bit about it, mostly on a functional level, i was aware that they measured differently but not why.

I dunno how you guys feel about ordering from china, but i found this site, they have some nice glass ware really cheap. Unless the reviews are fake, it looks legit
https://m.dhgate.com/product/in-sto...0261024.html#msviewed-2-9|null:01:r0301191874

Here's my glass recycler dab rig from DHgate, great prices and nice glass! (also works well with my Grasshopper vape too!)
I was very happy with my purchase which went very smoothly, the only down side is that it ships from China which can take a while.
MMMM milky clouds of vapor!!
DSCN3337.JPG

Here's my glass recycler dab rig from DHgate, great prices and nice glass! (also works well with my Grasshopper vape too!)
I was very happy with my purchase which went very smoothly, the only down side is that it ships from China which can take a while.
MMMM milky clouds of vapor!!
View attachment 812799
Oh holy crap! Thats awesome! Im glad to know its legit, china ordering is risky

I have ordered from DHGate and Aliexpress in the past without any hassles.
I probably wouldn't use other Chinese sites but these two work for me, they can be a good source of electronics, COBs, Vaporizers & Glass!
I have seen some really nice dab rigs sold on UK sites for nearly £200 which only cost £13 on DHGate for the same dab rig!!.

I have ordered from DHGate and Aliexpress in the past without any hassles.
I probably wouldn't use other Chinese sites but these two work for me, they can be a good source of electronics, COBs, Vaporizers & Glass!
I have seen some really nice dab rigs sold on UK sites for nearly £200 which only cost £13 on DHGate for the same dab rig!!.
Wow thats nuts! Who do you order cobs from on ali? I looked but couldnt be sure of they were what was advertised, ive been burned by ordering from china before

DHgate and Ali are very reliable as far as I know. I have been using them for several years for this and that. I love order stuff from China, but usually just the low dollar stuff where you can’t loose.

@AutoRick who said anything bad about Mammoth P? The only bad thing I’ve ever heard is the price!! I love the stuff.

Wow thats nuts! Who do you order cobs from on ali? I looked but couldnt be sure of they were what was advertised, ive been burned by ordering from china before

I order from China all the time in fact I bought my COBs directly from the factory No problemo . Shipping is expensive for small order but I have saved . :thumbsup:

Spectrum King on Alibaba. I just followed a link Growmau5 gave out before he was using Cutter Electronics.
I was in talks with them to buy COBs in bulk but i didn't get the price i wanted, so i backed off.
Now there are a lot more places which sell COBs due to the rise in popularity in DIY Lighting.
There are some cheap chinese COBs but best to avoid and keep to CREE, Citizen and Bridgelux Vero COBs.
Spectrum King is a legit company and can be trusted.

Back