Update: @wwwillie

All this talk about mixing this and force feeding that. You guys is crazy. :biggrin:

Anyone grow for straight up quailty!? I saw @Pops has got the right idea.

I personally prefer the living soil method, water only. Never need to mix any bottled anything. It has the most amazing flavors come through, on every single crop.

You want to feed the soil not the plant. The soil is mended with all the goodies the plant will ever need. Just like nature. When the plant is done, recycle that shit. It still has lots of good bacterial/fungal growth and it costs SO MUCH LESS.

Let's :bighug: it out. :crying:

Double grape (runty) day 28. Definitely can't tell she was a runt mutant! She stands just a touch over 11" tall and 17" wide. The Double grape has been a smaller plant so far, except this lady. She is growing up to be bigger than her DG sisters!:d5: p.s. she now has 260w of knockoff LEDs once her. Watch out!

View attachment 812407 View attachment 812409 View attachment 812410 View attachment 812411 View attachment 812412 View attachment 812413 View attachment 812414

Enjoy. :pass:
I normally grow all organic in soil, just started recycling my soil after the last run. However, I like to experiment a little with hydroponics, so once in a while I'll set up a single bucket for hydro. Organic soil always tastes best!:cools:

Today is day 37 in the life of dwc Man Bear Alien Pig. This is a great plant, even though the light footprint isnt ideal, even the bottom buds are developing well. Ive never had popcorn from any Mephistos, those guys are brilliant. Tons of budsites, this will be a pretty crazy harvest i think. Drinking about 3 gal per day...
20171004_134031.jpg 20171004_134202.jpg
Sideways again lol

I also recieved my panther chameleon eggs, theyre tiny. I have them in my seedling dome, i put a towel over it to block the light. Im not using the heat mat, im gonna do more research, i dunno if itd accelerate thier development or cook them
20171004_134015.jpg

All this talk about mixing this and force feeding that. You guys is crazy. :biggrin:

I personally prefer the living soil method, water only. Never need to mix any bottled anything. It has the most amazing flavors come through, on every single crop.

You want to feed the soil not the plant. The soil is mended with all the goodies the plant will ever need. Just like nature. When the plant is done, recycle that shit. It still has lots of good bacterial/fungal growth and it costs SO MUCH LESS.

Double grape (runty) day 28. Definitely can't tell she was a runt mutant! She stands just a touch over 11" tall and 17" wide. The Double grape has been a smaller plant so far, except this lady. She is growing up to be bigger than her DG sisters!:d5: p.s. she now has 260w of knockoff LEDs once her. Watch out!

View attachment 812407 View attachment 812409 View attachment 812410 View attachment 812411 View attachment 812412 View attachment 812413 View attachment 812414

I havent noticed a decline in quality going from organic/soil to hydro. I agree that the taste is a little better, maybe, its hard to tell, i think it has more to do with curing it properly. I also have come to believe less is more when it comes to fertilizer, trying to force the plant to uptake more than it can handle will just burn it and hurt your end result, im sure you guys know this, i learned the stupid way. Once i have a house and room for it, i really want to test different methods. I have done some testing to see what works, however. You cant go overboard, you have to read the plant. I will say theres some noots that make the plant taste bad. Im not sure what people use, maybe ammonium nitrate, but theres commerce around here that tastes like rotten cigarette butts and sparks when you burn it. Anyway, dont be worried to try new things, ive been getting 30%+ yeild with hydro, and no sacrifice to quality

Yes indeed, Well said :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::woohoo::rofl::jawdrop:
@Pops

Way cool. I use Great White but still need something to feed the mycos. Also been looking for a bloom booster to try. I use a 4 inch air stone in the bottom if my water farm, so it oxygenates the water the roots sit in, as well as the water being drip fed. Got a 100 watt citizen COB and a vertical 400 watt hps. Looking to get a little more COB though! :smoking:
If you build your own cobs, check out arrow electronics, they have the best price on drivers, and free overnight shipping. its great if you just need a driver and wiring accessories

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you build your own cobs, check out arrow electronics, they have the best price on drivers, and free overnight shipping. its great if you just need a driver and wiring accessories

They had super fast shipping. I also recommend them.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Arrow is great. I use them from time to time. I’ve had accounts at Mouser and Digital-Key so long I usually don’t go any where else. Old habits and all.

I havent noticed a decline in quality going from organic/soil to hydro. I agree that the taste is a little better, maybe, its hard to tell, i think it has more to do with curing it properly. I also have come to believe less is more when it comes to fertilizer, trying to force the plant to uptake more than it can handle will just burn it and hurt your end result, im sure you guys know this, i learned the stupid way. Once i have a house and room for it, i really want to test different methods. I have done some testing to see what works, however. You cant go overboard, you have to read the plant. I will say theres some noots that make the plant taste bad. Im not sure what people use, maybe ammonium nitrate, but theres commerce around here that tastes like rotten cigarette butts and sparks when you burn it. Anyway, dont be worried to try new things, ive been getting 30%+ yeild with hydro, and no sacrifice to quality

Quality of the flower is probably close. Most (good) hydro grows you can't really tell by looking or smelling them. When you smoke it, I can tell if it's hydro or soil. Soil grown retains flavor longer while smoked, hydro weeds taste good at first but loses flavor before the joint/bowl is gone.

I know it's a poor example but look at high times cup winners, pretty much all the top flowers are grown in soil, "organically".

Sparkles, burning black and bad taste are usually residual salts (chemicals) left in the plant, due to a poor flush or no flush. A proper cure will help set things up better but those residuals are still there.

I personally don't grow for yields, never have. I grow from trichomes and terpenes. I'm all about the ultimate quality. Trust me, my flower speaks for itself.

I sell weed legally, in a legal state and most people that have tried my flowers want them on the legal shelves. All grown by living soil and water only.

/end rant. :lol:

Quality of the flower is probably close. Most (good) hydro grows you can't really tell by looking or smelling them. When you smoke it, I can tell if it's hydro or soil. Soil grown retains flavor longer while smoked, hydro weeds taste good at first but loses flavor before the joint/bowl is gone.

I know it's a poor example but look at high times cup winners, pretty much all the top flowers are grown in soil, "organically".

Sparkles, burning black and bad taste are usually residual salts (chemicals) left in the plant, due to a poor flush or no flush. A proper cure will help set things up better but those residuals are still there.

I personally don't grow for yields, never have. I grow from trichomes and terpenes. I'm all about the ultimate quality. Trust me, my flower speaks for itself.

I sell weed legally, in a legal state and most people that have tried my flowers want them on the legal shelves. All grown by living soil and water only.

/end rant. [emoji38]
Yeah, i dont really disagree. Ive done some experiments with flushing, and did a blind taste test with flushed/unflushed bud, i think if its cured right, it doesnt make a difference, or very little difference, i could tell when i knew which was which, but it didnt taste bad, it was a little stronger on the throat and lungs but not harsh. I totally hear you on wanting the ultimate connoiseur smoking experience. I dont know what makes stuff taste terrible and spark, i think its probably a combination of factors, too much/type of fertilizer, drying/curing, and possibly flushing. Have you seen that guy "Nugbuckets"? He definitely gets a huge yeild of afficianado quality flowers with all organic super soil he makes. I really look foreward to having a basement in which i can try different things

Back