Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shucks. I was hoping to find a Cyber Monday special on the website this morning with more appetizing offers than were available on Friday, but alas it was not to be...

The idea with having a sale and new release at the same time is to take pressure off the new strains with increase choices. If we only released the new strains then the demand may be to high and could result in faster sell outs. I think a prepaid approach is what we will move too. Pay a bi annual subscription and have new releases automatically sent to you.

I don't like this pre-paid idea at all.
Some of us want only a few seeds, and might not want every new release.
Although not perfectly effective, limits on how many seeds a customer can buy at one time would help.
This would call attention to the fact that when we all try to hoard, everyone loses.
People could still get lots of seeds with multiple orders, but this would make some of us think twice before doing that.

A professional economist would likely recommend raising prices significantly (double, triple, etc) on the first day, and then reducing them when things calm down.

I don't like this pre-paid idea at all.
Some of us want only a few seeds, and might not want every new release.
Although not perfectly effective, limits on how many seeds a customer can buy at one time would help.
This would call attention to the fact that when we all try to hoard, everyone loses.
People could still get lots of seeds with multiple orders, but this would make some of us think twice before doing that.

A professional economist would likely recommend raising prices significantly (double, triple, etc) on the first day, and then reducing them when things calm down.
This is a cannabis seed business, price skimming would never work just for the simple fact the demographic for illegal seeds are pretty defensive and dont like to be taken advantage of... the best way is market penetration to get it in there to be well known as fast as you can and make people want it from word of mouth, not exclusivity.. you're thinking about marketing and accounting for making prices on products aswell.. economists research..

Shipping update.

Orders will go out in batches. Most orders will ship this week, but orders that came in on Sunday and Monday will likely ship early next week.

The subscription service is just an idea and is specifically for new drops people, this doesn't mean we are closing the main shop down. Some of our artisnals can stay in stocks for months on end, but a new drop can sell out in 2 hours. Its about balancing the demand and frustration of a new release. Its also a chance to have a more unique relationship with the breeder. A subscription service would theoretically come with some limited edition merch items, stickers, schwag, etc. Its not something everyone would be interested in, but there is certainly an interest. Especially after a crazy black friday promo.

I would also like to mention that we did have limits on how much each customer could order. Limits were set to 5 per person. I know some people would like even more stict limits, but some people do large grows and would prefer 50 of one strain, rather then 10x 5 different strains.

Shipping update.

Orders will go out in batches. Most orders will ship this week, but orders that came in on Sunday and Monday will likely ship early next week.

The subscription service is just an idea and is specifically for new drops people, this doesn't mean we are closing the main shop down. Some of our artisnals can stay in stocks for months on end, but a new drop can sell out in 2 hours. Its about balancing the demand and frustration of a new release. Its also a chance to have a more unique relationship with the breeder. A subscription service would theoretically come with some limited edition merch items, stickers, schwag, etc. Its not something everyone would be interested in, but there is certainly an interest. Especially after a crazy black friday promo.

There's subscription boxes for everything cannabis; I think this model would totally work. I know a few people on here that get the "glass" swag boxes, same concept. Cigar of the month. Cheese of the month. Jam of the month. Mephisto of the Month. :pighug: And lot of those services still offer you to buy things as a "one time" thing.

Well, I give up........I've been trying to score some double grape since it came out. Just spent 2 days of trying to get into the site and when I finally do, NO double grape again.

Shipping update.

Ok, Stan I'm listening... do you have any kinda pricing on this? All depends on price just like everything else I buy. I know its just an idea so if pricing has been sorted yet no rush, but if its the right price that may calm some folks down. I'm always listening... May not be for me, but if I could get exclusive beans(maybe photo strains or reg autos)that would play a big part in the value for me. I like to have shit no one else has. Just some quick thoughts as I just heard of this. BUT I gotta know what it cost 1st.

Well, I give up........I've been trying to score some double grape since it came out. Just spent 2 days of trying to get into the site and when I finally do, NO double grape again.
IIRC Stan mentioned double grape would return after the sale. Look for it then, you should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back