Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming your talking about the US store. I have some artisnals to restock after the sale, but after that its gonna to be slim pickings until 2020. We will likely shut down Dec 17 - Jan 1 to give us time to focus on reproducing strains.

Re: subscription, if that works the best for the most people, then I can see that being a viable option. Though, I'd argue that the biggest issue is not having a limit on the new strains (and maybe the grab bag and 4 packs; I didn't see if buyers were limited to only 1 or something as they were OOS when I got in). IMHO, being able to buy 18 seeds or more of new, potentially limited strains, is too much.

Why not limit the amount that each customer can buy in the first 3 days or week to a max of 7 seeds per strain (obv knowing they'd get some extra freebies)? And the grab bag too if it wasn't limited. I don't fault anyone necessarily for buying what they could, but I am curious, are there folks that were able to buy 5 grab bags? Or that bought 18 packs of all the new strains? As it's another thing that after the first initial hit, Wednesday or following Friday comes around and you say, "ok, floodgates are open, order as many as you'd like of anything."

If there are many others like me, I'd prefer to be able to buy a few seeds of new strains and be able to choose which strains. Eg for the recent artisanals, I ordered 3 PP and 1 SOH. I didn't need or want more. Maybe it's because of that that I would not have been angry if each strain was limited to some amount, 7, 5 or whatever.

I was just trying to help bro. Double grape is getting restocked. If you hover your mouse over my name you can ignore me.

It didn’t come across that way, Bro. I’ve been nothing but cool to posters/vendors here at AFN, I greatly appreciate their kindness, sharing their experiences growing and their willingness to help others. That’s been great. I’ve also been extremely supportive of Mephisto across multiple social media platforms for the past 4 years, I have not had the opportunity to grow because my previous work would take me to temporary locations around the world for varying times depending on the nature and complexity of the Film I was shooting. I’ve been champing at the bit to be a Mephisto Customer to say the least.

Here’s some background, After losing my oldest Brother to depression 3 years ago, I put my national commercial work on hold to become full time caregiver to My elderly Parents. This year was particularly bad, Dad suffered a major brain injury after a fall in August, then My Mother had a heart attack in October. Both have somewhat recovered but they are not the same and they never will be... So, I got the bright idea earlier this year to look to buy a house very close to them and grow meds for them and several of My fellow service connected Veterans who can’t afford the outrageous cannabis prices and taxes in our “bs not legal to grow your medicine’ State. So, @stan Mephisto was always the go to breeder to help me help myself and others. So don’t classify me as a hater or a negative person… I am very passionate and very loyal. When I see others trying to do good things, I support them. When I see them making HUGE mistakes, I will provide that feedback.

PS: I would definitely support a subscription based delivery system if that helped you guys with steady cash flow and avoiding these logistics nightmares. I would love the opportunity to buy much larger quantities of older stock and get subscriber specials that are mutually beneficial. I WANT to support Mephisto Genetics, I hope that you all work it out so I can participate. Thanks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to pay upfront for an on demend seed service when i wouldn't want every single strain that is made. I like buying what i want at the time i want.
Maybe they can give the option to replace a subscribed strain with a equal value strain or something.. that might prove more difficult than possible but maybe an option to replace just 1 or 2 assuming they are releasing 4+ strains at once.

Either way they wont be able to make everyone happy in every situation. Just for the simple fact they are a small company with a MASSIVE following in a business that is illegal in most parts of the world. Sometimes they take pretty bad hits by losing shipments and even worse a farm to make seeds at.

I think the subscription is a great idea for those that just want all the strains nomatter what they are but I think they should definately put a limit of how many seeds you can buy on new strains so people cant go and buy mass amounts of super hyped strains and screw everyone else over.

Maybe they can give the option to replace a subscribed strain with a equal value strain or something.. that might prove more difficult than possible but maybe an option to replace just 1 or 2 assuming they are releasing 4+ strains at once.

Either way they wont be able to make everyone happy in every situation. Just for the simple fact they are a small company with a MASSIVE following in a business that is illegal in most parts of the world. Sometimes they take pretty bad hits by losing shipments and even worse a farm to make seeds at.

I think the subscription is a great idea for those that just want all the strains nomatter what they are but I think they should definately put a limit of how many seeds you can buy on new strains so people cant go and buy mass amounts of super hyped strains and screw everyone else over.
To each their own, but i couldn't continue to buy if i had to be forced to subscribe to all their genes no matter the quality or if it's something I'd never want to grow. The fact tjat this is even an option is very flakey with all that's gone on latley. If they made some sort of monthly club for those that want that is one thing, but if everyone had no option but to join than that'd be a no for me dog XD

got a grab bag n some double grape..up at 3am
lol ill report back when it arrives

The idea with having a sale and new release at the same time is to take pressure off the new strains with increase choices. If we only released the new strains then the demand may be to high and could result in faster sell outs. I think a prepaid approach is what we will move too. Pay a bi annual subscription and have new releases automatically sent to you.
I don't think I will go for that system. You guys aren't Costco.

Well if it is subscribe or miss out then I would probably miss out. I don't grow 24/7 year round and would be happy to just order whatever is available when I am ready for another grow. Force ship is not my style thanks.
BTW haven't noticed much happening on the Canadian site. No sale, no new stock. Patience is a virtue...and I need to get me some patience quick...lol

To each their own, but i couldn't continue to buy if i had to be forced to subscribe to all their genes no matter the quality or if it's something I'd never want to grow. The fact tjat this is even an option is very flakey with all that's gone on latley. If they made some sort of monthly club for those that want that is one thing, but if everyone had no option but to join than that'd be a no for me dog XD
Howdy MattyMat :vibe: I understand it like this, I may be wrong. Anyone can still buy whatever they wanted when the shop is open. Those who subscribe would get new releases first without having to smash the f5 button at 4am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back