Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this a a tricky one. Based on my experience and talking with some other comercial auto breeders, the auto flowering process is intiated when there is stress to the roots. Meaning the tap root reaches the bottom of the pot, or the roots start to ball around the pot.

Thats why stunted plants are usually so small, if you pull them out youll see a root ball usually no bigger than your fist. The roots experienced so much stress that it caused to plant to flower immediately.

Hydro growing methods challenge this theory a bit, like in your small coco pot grows.

From my experince in 2gal organic soil pots autos will flower in 2-3 weeks and should finish in the 70 day range. I run this style of growing for a quick harvest or to test out some new strains.

I also run large 15 gallon pots with living soil. Plants in this setup often dont flower for 3-5 weeks and wont finish for 100 days plus. (Well beyond the 4th node) But they will often be 4-6 ft tall, 3 ft wide and easily yeild 6-12 oz.

So i guess my answer is that we dont really know for sure, and we are still trying to find some eaxct science on this. And the answer for soil and hydro methods could be very different.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much @stan_mephisto for your response. I really appreciate the fact you took the time to respond.

This subject, is really intriguing me.

By constantly training the plant to the rim and ensuring all new branches that are created are tied down, then flowering seems stalled at least 20-30 days? I am taking Sour Crack 1 as long as I can and will keep tying her down till I am out of room!

I currently have 4 plants slammed to the rim up to day 52. They still show no plan to flower. As said before, all show sex as norma, at normal timel. Most now circle the pot. I think I must be at about node 6/7 of tie down.

I only use 3lt airpots! I have a tiny 1.2x 0.6 tent !!!

White Widow

ww - day 53.JPG

Sour Crack

sc - day 36.JPG

Comparison to younger sister at day 33!

sc sbsb - day 36.JPG

Blueberry Treacle growing in the garden, day 45. Last time I grew her, I topped once and she was done 75 days.

IMG_0563.JPG

Orange Diesel will run to 110-120 days, but will yield big :) Really looking forward to her. Got 14.8 of HBBS and she was trained the same.

od -d ay 90.JPG

Toof Decay, day 60 - looks like 20/30 days to go - In a mug too! (400 ml)

toof decay - day 60.JPG

It seems, not surprisingly, slowing the girls down massively improves yield. Makes sense as you utilise the plants side branching ability and improves the size of the main stems as they are older and thicker. Thus able to provide more nutes.

My current thinking is tap root stress triggers sex (I have played with the solo cup method before), which then triggers the ruderalis gene - which to me at least seems to be maturity / plant spatial awareness (does that exist???). It cannot be node development per se - as my plants are many nodes long vs the natural girls. Just very very slammed!

Something is stopping their natural will to move to flower.

I would say they are justing vegging longer... but that is photo talk and I grow autos / Mephisto almost exclusively!!

Well this a a tricky one. Based on my experience and talking with some other comercial auto breeders, the auto flowering process is intiated when there is stress to the roots. Meaning the tap root reaches the bottom of the pot, or the roots start to ball around the pot.

Thats why stunted plants are usually so small, if you pull them out youll see a root ball usually no bigger than your fist. The roots experienced so much stress that it caused to plant to flower immediately.

Hydro growing methods challenge this theory a bit, like in your small coco pot grows.

From my experince in 2gal organic soil pots autos will flower in 2-3 weeks and should finish in the 70 day range. I run this style of growing for a quick harvest or to test out some new strains.

I also run large 15 gallon pots with living soil. Plants in this setup often dont flower for 3-5 weeks and wont finish for 100 days plus. (Well beyond the 4th node) But they will often be 4-6 ft tall, 3 ft wide and easily yeild 6-12 oz.

So i guess my answer is that we dont really know for sure, and we are still trying to find some eaxct science on this. And the answer for soil and hydro methods could be very different.

I grow 2-4 different auto strains in the same 12-15 usable gallon, top feed dwc reservoirs, while following the Vapor Pressure Deficit chart from seed to harvest.
They rarely flower before 5-6 weeks, and get much bigger than the breeders' listed outdoor heights, and yield bigger.
Topping and training can't prevent the breeder listed 1 meter stains from growing almost twice that tall, making SCROGing a waste of time.
This might be evidence that larger root space leads to larger plants.
Or maybe hydro does.

I grow 2-4 different auto strains in the same 12-15 usable gallon, top feed dwc reservoirs, while following the Vapor Pressure Deficit chart from seed to harvest.
They rarely flower before 5-6 weeks, and get much bigger than the breeders' listed outdoor heights, and yield bigger.
Topping and training can't prevent the breeder listed 1 meter stains from growing almost twice that tall, making SCROGing a waste of time.
This might be evidence that larger root space leads to larger plants.
Or maybe hydro does.

Reckon it is the hydro.

I flood my girls, drain to waste, every 2 hours. I get through about 45 lt a day!

My garden looks great thanks to the captured waste!

@bhaskara_phoenix @FullAuto245

Larger the Pot the longer the grow and higher the yield - that confirms my results with limited grow experience and it makes sense.

High stress plant training also delays flowering. A plant I mainlined in a 3gal. pot took 47 days to flower vs 23 days for the untrained in the same size pot.

Thank you so much @stan_mephisto for your response. I really appreciate the fact you took the time to respond.

This subject, is really intriguing me.

By constantly training the plant to the rim and ensuring all new branches that are created are tied down, then flowering seems stalled at least 20-30 days? I am taking Sour Crack 1 as long as I can and will keep tying her down till I am out of room!

I currently have 4 plants slammed to the rim up to day 52. They still show no plan to flower. As said before, all show sex as norma, at normal timel. Most now circle the pot. I think I must be at about node 6/7 of tie down.

I only use 3lt airpots! I have a tiny 1.2x 0.6 tent !!!

White Widow

View attachment 1089072

Sour Crack

View attachment 1089073

Comparison to younger sister at day 33!

View attachment 1089078

Blueberry Treacle growing in the garden, day 45. Last time I grew her, I topped once and she was done 75 days.

View attachment 1089075

Orange Diesel will run to 110-120 days, but will yield big :) Really looking forward to her. Got 14.8 of HBBS and she was trained the same.

View attachment 1089077

Toof Decay, day 60 - looks like 20/30 days to go - In a mug too! (400 ml)

View attachment 1089076

It seems, not surprisingly, slowing the girls down massively improves yield. Makes sense as you utilise the plants side branching ability and improves the size of the main stems as they are older and thicker. Thus able to provide more nutes.

My current thinking is tap root stress triggers sex (I have played with the solo cup method before), which then triggers the ruderalis gene - which to me at least seems to be maturity / plant spatial awareness (does that exist???). It cannot be node development per se - as my plants are many nodes long vs the natural girls. Just very very slammed!

Something is stopping their natural will to move to flower.

I would say they are justing vegging longer... but that is photo talk and I grow autos / Mephisto almost exclusively!!

High stress plant training also delays flowering. A plant I mainlined in a 3gal. pot took 47 days to flower vs 23 days for the untrained in the same size pot.
Some clowns on RIU spit garbage to new auto growes if it takes longer than 3 weeks its not an auto -_- it's good when a knowledgeable grower will add real insights on topics for less experienced in autos. I myself only started with autos last year around May for my first plants so i like absorbing what i can.

Just proves they never grew an auto. I've seen flower in as little as 17 days and as long as 37 in small pots. There is a definite relationship between pot size and flowering also, however its hard to predict, plants do what they want, when they want to!

Some clowns on RIU spit garbage to new auto growes if it takes longer than 3 weeks its not an auto -_- it's good when a knowledgeable grower will add real insights on topics for less experienced in autos. I myself only started with autos last year around May for my first plants so i like absorbing what i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back