Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I grew under HPS, it was a valid argument.
Nothing but cheap blurple out... autos were a joke too.
The passage of time changes many things.

Still think hps has a place, just not in my grows, I can't afford it.

Amen to that!

When I grew under HPS, it was a valid argument.
Nothing but cheap blurple out... autos were a joke too.
The passage of time changes many things.

Still think hps has a place, just not in my grows, I can't afford it.
Yep, same here. Leds didn't grow anything back ten years ago, and hps or mh was the only real solution. Electric bills were off the charts,...not anymore!

No one is arguing led over hps, but I here ya.

Lighting intensity is also an issue with hps, and the spectrum just doesn't induce stretch without moving light higher than most tents will even allow with autos. Autos require less intense light the first two weeks, and that hps is blasting them girls early. I know, I have one. I never used the lux meter when I grew with it, but I checked it later and saw the light was much more intense than the led lights I use now.

I think a lot of the hps growers seem to be using light heights from photo periods. Autos don't need that much light in early veg, end of story.

I guess I should clarify. Lol I wasn’t saying anyone was arguing it here just that I’ve seen it on several other forums that I’m a member of.

What’s your lux or PPFD numbers for autos? I’m curious? I’ve got them for photos but never seen much on autos.

I guess I should clarify. Lol I wasn’t saying anyone was arguing it here just that I’ve seen it on several other forums that I’m a member of.

What’s your lux or PPFD numbers for autos? I’m curious? I’ve got them for photos but never seen much on autos.

I didn't take time to look up, but I think the lux numbers on autos is...
Seedlings 1500-5000 lux
Weeks two and three 5000-15,000
Weeks four and five 15,000-25,000
Weeks six and eight 30,000-100,000+ Plus I add extra UV at this stage to enhance resin and oil production as well as Improve terpene production. Makes stinkier, stickier ladies!

Seedlings 1500-5000 lux
Weeks six and eight 30,000-100,000+ Plus I add extra UV at this stage to enhance resin and oil production as well as Improve terpene production. Makes stinkier, stickier ladies!

Those numbers apply only to those of us who start seeds in a place that isn't the plant's final destination.
I recently did an unintended experiment of starting new seeds under full a blurple Platinum p600 using both veg+bloom switches, as well as full strength 500 ppm DWC nutes.
I did that because the existing plants weren't giving a full canopy fast enough.
The light was far away, and distilled was sprayed near the RapidRooters holding the seeds to reduce ppm for a few days.
The seeds took longer to sprout (temp around 73 F), and stayed smaller than expected for a few days, but they are now thriving.
There was no seedling stretch that had been plaguing me under a different light.

Sprouts in nature must withstand full sunlight that can exceed 100,000 lux, so our seedlings certainly can handle more than 5,000 lux.
The key is to not change anything fast, and to subject sprouts to food and light as soon as they show any signs of life, and before they break ab.

I now believe that seeds can be started right in a DWC system with full nutes (at least for us light feeders if very careful) and full lights.
I'll be attempting that next grow, and will plant a few days earlier than when germinating the way most people do.

just reporting in with my order:

received my seeds using gift card payment a couple days ago without hiccups!

02e4494d246f6b5faace56935b4b64a3.jpg

freebie: white crack (x5)

thanks mephisto!

sent from tapatalk

Seedlings 1500-5000 lux

Yeah I’m going to be looking into UV here these next couple grow.

just reporting in with my order:

received my seeds using gift card payment a couple days ago without hiccups!

02e4494d246f6b5faace56935b4b64a3.jpg

freebie: white crack (x5)

thanks mephisto!

sent from tapatalk

Good to know I’m ordering mine Friday.

Those numbers apply only to those of us who start seeds in a place that isn't the plant's final destination.
I recently did an unintended experiment of starting new seeds under full a blurple Platinum p600 using both veg+bloom switches, as well as full strength 500 ppm DWC nutes.
I did that because the existing plants weren't giving a full canopy fast enough.
The light was far away, and distilled was sprayed near the RapidRooters holding the seeds to reduce ppm for a few days.
The seeds took longer to sprout (temp around 73 F), and stayed smaller than expected for a few days, but they are now thriving.
There was no seedling stretch that had been plaguing me under a different light.

Sprouts in nature must withstand full sunlight that can exceed 100,000 lux, so our seedlings certainly can handle more than 5,000 lux.
The key is to not change anything fast, and to subject sprouts to food and light as soon as they show any signs of life, and before they break ab.

I now believe that seeds can be started right in a DWC system with full nutes (at least for us light feeders if very careful) and full lights.
I'll be attempting that next grow, and will plant a few days earlier than when germinating the way most people do.
Some seedlings can handle relatively higher amounts of light faster than others. Each strain is really different depending on genetics. Seedling really is only like first two days or so until a set of leaves appear. At that point, they have been in the medium a week.
I grow in soil and organics now, and plants are even more resilient than they were when I grew in coco and used synthetic nutes. You can start right away in DWC, I know a guy who does it all the time and he is definitely feeding them 1/4 nutes right away, so I don't think you will have any problem there. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back