Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience, if I can answer this one, Sour Crack grows to around 60-80cm and yields around 60-100 grams per plant based on 50-60w of led power overhead.

Done around 65 days and tastes like mango or sweet citrus overtones and a zippy high that energizes you at first then sets you down slowly...good day time herb for sure.

WoooW dude you must be some magical grower if you cAn pull from sour crack 60gr+ and if get more than 60cm.. Do you have journal of that grow??

Size - 35-55cm (Under HPS)
Yield - 30-60 grams as a single plant

from mephisto's strain guide..

WoooW dude you must be some magical grower if you cAn pull from sour crack 60gr+ and if get more than 60cm.. Do you have journal of that grow??

That grow I don't have documented, but I have others where the heights and yield sizes were a little off.
Just grew an Orange Biscuit that grew to 128cm and I think they say it won't go over 90cm max. It yielded about 110 grams, which is relatively normal, but on the high end as well.
The Sour Crack I grew last was about 65cm tall and yielded 72 grams. It was grown in coco and AutoPots with full line of Advaned Hydroponics of Holland nutrients. I think the one before that was around 55 to 60 cm and gave me 65 grams. The other three were grown outdoors and went 95 days and yielded around 75-80 grams each and grew nearly 80cm tall outside.
If you feed them well and they get good light, some of them I believe could get even bigger. I wasn't even trying to grow for yield.
In my last grow you will see most plants were all pushing the limits of height. I use lots of reds and deep reds early on so I can get the node spacing I like, that way buds get better light exposure during flower, plus I use extra UV and IR as well to try and get more resin production and heavier buds as a result.

3 gallon bag roughly 75 cm. HPS is probably your issue. Good for flower, not so great for veg. Short plants overall, shorter internodal length.

When I ran HPS, I ran MH in veg.

20190515_055504.jpg

The above Sour crack was moved outside, was originally in a 4x4 under 3500k cobs.

3 gallon bag roughly 75 cm. HPS is probably your issue. Good for flower, not so great for veg. Short plants overall, shorter internodal length.

When I ran HPS, I ran MH in veg.

View attachment 1059656

I was thinking the same thing. The light was the reason he isn't getting the size or yield. Like I said, I use reds and deep reds form led lights to get the stretch in veg.

I was thinking the same thing. The light was the reason he isn't getting the size or yield. Like I said, I use reds and deep reds form led lights to get the stretch in veg.
Worked well years ago.

I may get more finicky about my k's when I move to quantum boards. 3500 is a very happy middle. 450w in the 4x4 seems to fill out well.

Funny how the HPS vs LED argument happens and then you post taller plants with larger yields and people doubt or question it and still argue for HPS over LED. Not that that’s what he’s doing but I’ve seen it over and over again. lol also the hydro style grow in coco gets you a bit of extra veg time. So it creates the larger plants an yields on combination with the far and deep reds.

Worked well years ago.

I may get more finicky about my k's when I move to quantum boards. 3500 is a very happy middle. 450w in the 4x4 seems to fill out well.
Agreed, I use 3500k cobs as well with one 3000k for flower as a booster, and I use another led to add the reds, etc.

3500k seems to get the best overall results from cobs.

Funny how the HPS vs LED argument happens and then you post taller plants with larger yields and people doubt or question it and still argue for HPS over LED. Not that that’s what he’s doing but I’ve seen it over and over again. lol also the hydro style grow in coco gets you a bit of extra veg time. So it creates the larger plants an yields on combination with the far and deep reds.

When I grew under HPS, it was a valid argument.
Nothing but cheap blurple out... autos were a joke too.
The passage of time changes many things.

Still think hps has a place, just not in my grows, I can't afford it.

No one is arguing led over hps, but I here ya.

Lighting intensity is also an issue with hps, and the spectrum just doesn't induce stretch without moving light higher than most tents will even allow with autos. Autos require less intense light the first two weeks, and that hps is blasting them girls early. I know, I have one. I never used the lux meter when I grew with it, but I checked it later and saw the light was much more intense than the led lights I use now.

I think a lot of the hps growers seem to be using light heights from photo periods. Autos don't need that much light in early veg, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back