Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deez Nuggs at day 79
May 13, 2019untitled-2.jpg

Very experienced growers forget how much trouble beginners have.
Certainly, "feed the plant what it needs" is the best strategy, but many of us have trouble figuring that out.
I think following a ballpark chart is best for most people, because it might keep them out of the trouble that gets posted about dozens of time a day.

I understand you perfectly. Very important is the water you use (EC/ppm) and your medium. I will give you an idea about the EC/ppm as a base ... some plants will need a bit more but most probably not less than the values below.

Important: Use of RO water and a non or low fertilized medium!

Day 1 - 25: EC 0,6
Day 26-end of stretch: EC 0,8
Flower- (+/-) 10 days before harvest: EC 1,0
Last 10 days: plain water (no need to flush)

Good luck and happy growing!

I understand you perfectly. Very important is the water you use (EC/ppm) and your medium. I will give you an idea about the EC/ppm as a base ... some plants will need a bit more but most probably not less than the values below.

Important: Use of RO water and a non or low fertilized medium!

Day 1 - 25: EC 0,6
Day 26-end of stretch: EC 0,8
Flower- (+/-) 10 days before harvest: EC 1,0
Last 10 days: plain water (no need to flush)

Good luck and happy growing!

I like your feed schedule, and those are the same values that I seem to be honing in on.

I've been using new nutes (Greenleaf Megacrop 1.0) and a new light (Electric Sky ES300) in one tent, found some problems, and discovered a thing or two.

Under-feeding can cause slightly lighter striations on leaves that are then easily burned by having the lights too close. Now I know to keep these nutes higher quicker, and the lights further sooner.

I decided to add some new plants, that were germinated in Rapid Rooters, to some existing plants. As soon as they sprouted, they were put into the existing top feed DWC system with the res at 500 ppm (EC=1.0), along with the 2 week old plants. I hand watered the RRs with distilled, and kept the top feed squirt tube far away from the sprouts to greatly dilute the 500 ppm for a few days. Less and less distilled was used as time progressed. Much to my surprise, the sprouts are thriving at much higher ppm than I thought they'd be able to survive.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing in the future to start seeds in top feed DWC.
I'd appreciate it if people would offer criticism, and you need not be nice.

1. Prepare the res to about 450 ppm, where it will remain from sprout to mid flower, until nutes are then tapered off a bit til harvest.
2. Germinate seeds in Rapid Rooters until sprouts barely begin to show.
3. Turn off the top feed, and get the res level high enough to wet the bottom inch or so of hydroton in netpots.
4. Plant the RRs with barely visible sprouts into the netpots, and then into the system.
5. Turn the lights on full power, at about 36", hoping that will acclimate sprouts to light and prevent seedling stretch.
6. Hand water with distilled or pH-ed RO to keep RRs moist, until the roots reach the res.
7. Turn on the top feed.
8. Aim the top feed to come close to the days-old sprouts' RRs with the full 450 ppm.

In the past, I've germinated in RRs in small containers on a heat mat at about 80 F, then put under florescents.
But I've had a lot of seedling stretch lately, and suspect the higher temp and dimmer light are responsible.
Maybe germinating at lower temp with light near full power will reduce stretch.

Step 7 might be better done with the top feed on, while squirting very dilute nutes near the RRs.
Does anyone know the highest EC that can safely keep RRs moist enough for germination?
Maybe that EC could be used instead of hand watering for the first few days.

How long are you planning on taking those? I’ve got some coming up on day 60 this week. Mephisto said. 70-80 days. Curious on your game plan. I’m chopping early 70’s if I make it there I’ve had some wicked nute issues that have burned the plants pretty good and the sooner I can get them out the better.

Strawberry Nuggets day 68, she was my favorite of all 5 of them I've grown chopping today.
You will love her. I just harvested the purple phenotype, pretty close to what you have there, and the taste is devine. The complex terpene profile on her is so good, you can't describe it with words and give it any justice because it's one of those very subjective flavors. I think there are many terpenes in this strain, at elastic more than the normal.

Your plant looks awesome bro. She should smoke really smooth. The berry flavor mellows a bit and changes. I am curious to hear your smoke report on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back