Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 1 plant filling let's say a 3x3, you end up with a lot of lowers and side branches filling your screen (lots of small nugs taking up space) if you run more plants and trim back, you are filling the net with only the top buds from 4 plants. Larger, and usually a higher quality given the attention the plant can give each...

And... with multiple plants.... if you have a severe issue and have to cull 1...

Got ya, especially all the eggs in one basket .... can I ask another question?

Four 5 gals is 20 gallons of soil .... One ten is obviously 10 gallons of soil ......

What if you just compared yields from Two 5 gals verses One 10 gallon .... what ya thinking with same quantity of soil in each grow? Which would produce more or to ask another way .... Have you ever got 240 grams out of 5 gallon .... Which btw color me impressed with the Pounder you POUNDED outa that dime pot .... Was that your first Elbow (Pound) from a single indoor plant?

Got ya, especially all the eggs in one basket .... can I ask another question?

Four 5 gals is 20 gallons of soil .... One ten is obviously 10 gallons of soil ......

What if you just compared yields from Two 5 gals verses One 10 gallon .... what ya thinking with same quantity of soil in each grow? Which would produce more or to ask another way .... Have you ever got 240 grams out of 5 gallon .... Which btw color me impressed with the Pounder you POUNDED outa that dime pot .... Was that your first Elbow (Pound) from a single indoor plant?
I've had a few over the years, first time hitting in a tent, but... this is my first tent!
Pot size is really more about what can be used, I haven't run an auto in a 10 gallon, don't know if they could make use of it.
My rule of thumb with photos is, as above so below...if plant size goes much over container size, quality suffers... there are exceptions, like coco.... or particular genetics.

I'd figure if running clones in all 3 (for comparison purposes) , you'd get a slightly higher yield running 2 in 5 than 1 in 10. The 1 in the larger pot will be bigger, but again will be lots and lots of smaller branches and nugs to equal 2 trimmed up, feeding more well branched flowers.... would be an interesting experiment.... might have something to try this summer outdoors. Most of the big runs I've been involved with were either 5 gallon bags, or much...much bigger.
I really don't see a reason to go over 5 gallon indoors. Am sure there are some, I just haven't found them.... and yes, last few weeks of the 1 plant I was sweating it... high rH... was really worried. Couldn't move anything to get more airflow etc... went fine, but I like options.... lots of options.... issues? Dive off in a different direction.

That goldmine is a rambler maker....:pass:

Last edited:
That's 176 grams of dry. It's my best yet in Promix and 3 gallon smartpots.

That's a fantastic yield. I sure hope my S&S can do that. Hell, I would be happy with half of that!

20190125_065946.jpg
@MrOldBoy here's a pic of the girl, 4x4 tent, 10 gallon bag.

I've had a few over the years, first time hitting in a tent, but... this is my first tent!
Pot size is really more about what can be used, I haven't run an auto in a 10 gallon, don't know if they could make use of it.
My rule of thumb with photos is, as above so below...if plant size goes much over container size, quality suffers... there are exceptions, like coco.... or particular genetics.

I'd figure if running clones in all 3 (for comparison purposes) , you'd get a slightly higher yield running 2 in 5 than 1 in 10. The 1 in the larger pot will be bigger, but again will be lots and lots of smaller branches and nugs to equal 2 trimmed up, feeding more well branched flowers.... would be an interesting experiment.... might have something to try this summer outdoors. Most of the big runs I've been involved with were either 5 gallon bags, or much...much bigger.
I really don't see a reason to go over 5 gallon indoors. Am sure there are some, I just haven't found them.... and yes, last few weeks of the 1 plant I was sweating it... high rH... was really worried. Couldn't move anything to get more airflow etc... went fine, but I like options.... lots of options.... issues? Dive off in a different direction.

That goldmine is a rambler maker....:pass:

Thank you Arthur, makes perfect sense, appreciate you taking time to explain.

View attachment 1027479 @MrOldBoy here's a pic of the girl, 4x4 tent, 10 gallon bag.

Sweet - Everyone is in church, praying ....

Living Soil? How the heck you water? How old before harvest?

I’ve got a bunch more questions but don’t wanna overstep, thank you for any insight you may wanna share!

Sweet - Everyone is in church, praying ....

Living Soil? How the heck you water? How old before harvest?

I’ve got a bunch more questions but don’t wanna overstep, thank you for any insight you may wanna share!
Half and half coco and dr earth soil, in flower 1 gallon a day to get a dribble of run off. She went 65 days from the flip, I think, or very close too. Veg was about a month and a half. Was worried I was under lit for photos, only running 450w of DIY cobs, but I was proven wrong. Will be running same genetics outdoors this summer, thinking of pulling clones and running an indoor round as well. She brings the hammer.

Any idea when Cannabear is releasing ??!!:joy:

@MrOldBoy
I run home made organic living soil in 10 gals. For me, the real benefit is not having to do much besides water. Usually just 5 or so teas, depending on plant size, strain, how long they take etc. I also no till mine for 3-4 cycles (cause after that I want to try whatever newest compost I made that is always just a little better than what I made the year before). The No till routine for me, is chop a plant, add a pocket of seed starter, and pop another seed right in the pot, the same day.
cheers
os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back