Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys realize 20+ years ago I had to jump through hoops and pray that my seeds would arrive in 2 months? Now in LESS THAN 2 days, I have these in a cup of water! Blue Cush Freebies, might be done in 2 months? That's about how long it took to get seeds back in the day. Thanks again!!!View attachment 1019662
no kidding lol
my first order in 2001 took forever..i think it was aurora indica..still one of my favorite indicas

Double grape x bubbasquanch?

I need that mullet dude what the fuck gif.

Sounds killer.
Yeah, I have started soooo many seeds lately. It will be the next to be popped. Give me a week and 1 of them will be in water to germ. I just need to space it out 1 week. These Sativa Testers will get large. I would assume this strain will go 70-80 days. So, if I wait a week, that would help me come later.

Is anyone else having issues with sour crack in America or is it just me ? Really not much of a complainer honestly, but I don’t understand what’s been going on because I’ve otherwise had some great luck with germing seeds until these guys... I’ve germed all 5 now and all 5 .. have the same problems. All 5 did not want to come out of the shell, and I’m not talking about just the shell is a little stuck on there and it just needs to be kept moist and it will fall off on its own, I mean they won’t come off and then come out all snarly after, some just fell over and died. The ones that did make it .. stunted bad but eventually recovered. They started flowering and one looks ok and the other while looking pretty healthy otherwise is making small dried up looking malformed like weird little buds that haven’t grown or changed in the past couple weeks.. I’ve never seen it before. Cutting my losses I decided to germ more seeds.. the sweet n sour made it just fine and the sour cracks once again... are doing the same exact thing that happened last time. When it did happen last time I said to myself “it’s winter. You really can’t know for sure it was the seeds bc germing in winter is problematic at times”. Well now they’ve had nothing but high temps but did the same thing so no I don’t think it was me anymore.

This was my first order with mephisto, my fingers are crossed these remaining sour cracks will survive, we’ll see. I’m still excited to grow out the sweet n sours and the rest... just don’t know what was up with this pack of sour cracks

Is anyone else having issues with sour crack in America or is it just me ? Really not much of a complainer honestly, but I don’t understand what’s been going on because I’ve otherwise had some great luck with germing seeds until these guys... I’ve germed all 5 now and all 5 .. have the same problems. All 5 did not want to come out of the shell, and I’m not talking about just the shell is a little stuck on there and it just needs to be kept moist and it will fall off on its own, I mean they won’t come off and then come out all snarly after, some just fell over and died. The ones that did make it .. stunted bad but eventually recovered. They started flowering and one looks ok and the other while looking pretty healthy otherwise is making small dried up looking malformed like weird little buds that haven’t grown or changed in the past couple weeks.. I’ve never seen it before. Cutting my losses I decided to germ more seeds.. the sweet n sour made it just fine and the sour cracks once again... are doing the same exact thing that happened last time. When it did happen last time I said to myself “it’s winter. You really can’t know for sure it was the seeds bc germing in winter is problematic at times”. Well now they’ve had nothing but high temps but did the same thing so no I don’t think it was me anymore.

This was my first order with mephisto, my fingers are crossed these remaining sour cracks will survive, we’ll see. I’m still excited to grow out the sweet n sours and the rest... just don’t know what was up with this pack of sour cracks
There was a quite long discussion about the SC seeds the other day. A quite a few people chimed in, saying nearly what you said. Answere ranged all over the map, but it was mostly just blamed on winter temps. Stan@mephisto does his germination tests and had showed no problems with the batches, high 90 % germ rates. Hang in there, it's worth it their genetics are just so good.

Yeah winter is really the first thing I’d suspect but this time they had high temps and high humidity but the same thing happened. If these stunt like the others do I’ll just pull them this time and not waste the resources or time. I’m not sure these are even going to make it. The thing Is they had nearly inch long tails so they were definitely awake & ready for the dirt. The temps and humidity were damn near perfect the entire time, I am just so bummed, sweet n sours came out no problems, Pineapple Express came out no problem, 100 percent Germ on those but each time the sour cracks

Double grape x bubbasquanch?

I need that mullet dude what the fuck gif.

Sounds killer.
Hmmm...what is this cross you speak of...has got me thinking!!!

Yeah winter is really the first thing I’d suspect but this time they had high temps and high humidity but the same thing happened. If these stunt like the others do I’ll just pull them this time and not waste the resources or time. I’m not sure these are even going to make it. The thing Is they had nearly inch long tails so they were definitely awake & ready for the dirt. The temps and humidity were damn near perfect the entire time, I am just so bummed, sweet n sours came out no problems, Pineapple Express came out no problem, 100 percent Germ on those but each time the sour cracks

I think that sometimes you can pick seeds with a harder shell. Even if you are having always high or perfect germination rates, these hard shells may cause issues.

Half year ago, I had some problems with Forum Stomper. The first seed didn‘t crack, the second one took a quite long (1 week) to germinate ... moisture, temperature were good.

Since then I changed the procedure ... now I don‘t soak my seeds in pure water anymore but use always water with H2O2 (1 part H2O2 at 3% / 16 parts water) for 24 hours.

H2O2 provides:

- Desinfektion
- Softening of the shell
- Higher intake of oxigen

Past Wednesday I applied it on another Forum Stomper seed ... it broke ground on Friday ... in less than 70 hours!

Good luck and happy growing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back