Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lunarman with regards to training plants with structure like 'strawberry nuggets':
I grew my first strawberry nuggets and was surprised by the structure and difficulty of leaf and branch tucking due to big leaves, thick strong short stems, and super tight nodes. I swore I could do better next time I encounter this type of structure.
So....
I have a Deez Nugz going that has that same structure as the strawberry nuggets (no surprise its half sn). I decided to try a little different tech. I have heard it called 'pony tailing', I kind of think of it like 'hooding'. I am going to add it to my regular routine of staking branches and leaf tucking on this plant. I snapped a couple pics along the way, I was going to put it in my thread, but its a great answer to your question. I would also love to know what other folks think of this.
At 16 days she looked like this.
What I did was make a loop with green gardening Velcro (sorry chaps the green Velcro really blends in well in the pics) and gather up the top couple nodes to expose more light to my lower buds sites. I leave the Velcro on for 2 hours, and then take it off.
The pic below shows the top nodes gathered up in a 'pony tail'.
After a couple days, of 4- 2 hour sessions, I have a moved up a node, and staked the lower ones. Today, she is looking like this while wearing her pony tail.
You can see how the lower bud sites have now grown out enough that I can effectively tuck the fan leafs under them.
You just kind of keep moving up the plant a node at time, pony tailing 2 or so nodes at a time, and staking branches after they 'graduate' from the pony tail. I have heard to keep the ponytail sessions short, 2-4 hours. I can imagine the plant's stems getting very hard to train back down, if they were left gathered up for to long.
This is the first time I have tried this, so I am just showing what I have so far, but it seems to be working great. I also think the 'hooding' action of the pony tail may be lengthening out the node interval, which is very desirable with this plant's structure type.
Side note, I do utilize side lighting for this, and I have my overhead lighting toward the 'higher limit' distance wise, hoping to increase stretch a touch.
hth
cheers
os

Last edited:
@lunarman with regards to training plants with structure like 'strawberry nuggets':
I grew my first strawberry nuggets and was surprised by the structure and difficulty of leaf and branch tucking due to big leaves, thick strong short stems, and super tight nodes. I swore I could do better next time I encounter this type of structure.
So....
I have a Deez Nugz going that has that same structure as the strawberry nuggets (no surprise its half sn). I decided to try a little different tech. I have heard it called 'pony tailing', I kind of think of it like 'hooding'. I am going to add it to my regular routine of staking branches and leaf tucking on this plant. I snapped a couple pics along the way, I was going to put it in my thread, but its a great answer to your question. I would also love to know what other folks think of this.
At 16 days she looked like this.
What I did was make a loop with green gardening Velcro (sorry chaps the green Velcro really blends in well in the pics) and gather up the top couple nodes to expose more light to my lower buds sites. I leave the Velcro on for 2 hours, and then take it off.
The pic below shows the top nodes gathered up in a 'pony tail'.
After a couple days, of 4- 2 hour sessions, I have a moved up a node, and staked the lower ones. Today, she is looking like this while wearing her pony tail.
You can see how the lower bud sites have now grown out enough that I can effectively tuck the fan leafs under them.
You just kind of keep moving up the plant a node at time, pony tailing 2 or so nodes at a time, and staking branches after they 'graduate' from the pony tail. I have heard to keep the ponytail sessions short, 2-4 hours. I can imagine the plant's stems getting vey hard to train back down, if they were left gathered up for to long.
This is the first time I have tried this, so I am just showing what I have so far, but it seems to be working great. I also think the 'hooding' action of the pony tail may be lengthening out the node interval, which is very desirable with this plant's structure type.
Side note, I do utilize side lighting for this, and I have my overhead lighting toward the 'higher limit' distance wise, hoping to increase stretch a touch.
hth
cheers
os
Thanks! I pony tailed my forgotten strawberries and it didn't work very well to be honest but I didn't do it in quite the same way you did so I'll have a look at that myself

Thanks! I pony tailed my forgotten strawberries and it didn't work very well to be honest but I didn't do it in quite the same way you did so I'll have a look at that myself
You are welcome. What I am doing is a little bit of 'fusion' from a couple different techs. I haven't really seen anyone do quite what I am doing either. I will posting some pics from time to time over in my thread in this forum called 'Organic "Green Sea of Change" 6 MG strains always changing'. Pop in once in a while and see how it works out for me. I think it will be a winning tech.
cheers
os

AVT Special almost a 30% return.
:WTF:
IMG_20190120_164549_353.jpg

I must be doin it wrong. I put it 20g deez nugs nug run and only got maybe a gram back.
My deez nuggs gave back about 15-18%. Flower at 62%RH 200 degree press 3 min. 8-9 ton top out on press.

So are the UK and Europe gettin hubbabubba restocked anytime soon? I was hoping to pop them this week, been refreshing the site all weekend but we are not in luck yet. I'm impatient haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back