Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m currently having some trouble with Sour Hound seeds that I bought through one of your resellers. Can you tell me when the last run of Sour Hound seeds was made? I would assume that date would be my best case with some runs of SH being even older. Then when you factor in they might not have been kept under ideal conditions, it might be the reason I am struggling to get one of these SH seeds to get to full maturity. Don't want to tarnish the reseller unnecessarily when it might not be their problem. But I have never had any problem with seed bought directly through MG (you guys). Not looking for anything but info, as I understand the TOS when it comes to seeds, and you guys have been very generous when I purchased directly. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hey man,

I don’t have any exact dates, so going purely from memory I don’t believe we have sold any sour hound directly through the site since early 2017.

So again at a guess I would think ~ 2016 for when they were produced.

That’s relatively old in comparison to the seeds we stock and sell, but also not ancient in terms of how long seeds can stay viable for when stored well.

Maybe you could try and scarify them before putting in to germ?

Cheers

I can attest to the sour crack and Grapey Walter germ success rates from my first grow. 4 SCs in rapid rooters now and a quick look last night says they’ll be up when I get home.

Keep rock’n and roll’n Mephisto!!

Edit: purchased beans directly from Mephisto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man,

I don’t have any exact dates, so going purely from memory I don’t believe we have sold any sour hound directly through the site since early 2017.

That’s relatively old in comparison to the seeds we stock and sell, but also not ancient in terms of how long seeds can stay viable for when stored well.

Cheers

Yep, that what I do as part of my normal germ process. 3-5 minutes in an old film canister with 220grit sandpaper lined on the inside of the canister. The seeds are cracking, they have a tough time shedding their shells though. But there is very little vigor once they get started. The one I have right now is day 14, about 1 inch tall.

Thanks for putting a timeframe on the SH's. I have much older seeds that show great vigor when germing even though they might be 4+ years old. I still have a bunch of seeds to go through for the SH, so maybe I will get lucky and find one that makes it to full maturity.

Yeah I soaked a ghost toof, chemdogging, and gold glue in water for a day and popped in a jiffy pod thing.
3 days later....
7E42FDC6-2049-41F5-886F-E375787CF59A.jpeg

Yep, that what I do as part of my normal germ process. 3-5 minutes in an old film canister with 220grit sandpaper lined on the inside of the canister. The seeds are cracking, they have a tough time shedding their shells though. But there is very little vigor once they get started. The one I have right now is day 14, about 1 inch tall.

Thanks for putting a timeframe on the SH's. I have much older seeds that show great vigor when germing even though they might be 4+ years old. I still have a bunch of seeds to go through for the SH, so maybe I will get lucky and find one that makes it to full maturity.

What germ method do you use? Have you tried another strain at the ezct same time the exact same way?

I growed more or less 50 Mephistos so far. 3 beans failed ... but the analysis of it showed always the same: it was my fault (lack of patience, too moist, too cold ...). Never had this luck with other breeders!

The thing I don‘t get is ...Why do people post their bad experiences and react negatively when somebody gives them a friendly advice or tries to help them?

Strange times! :shrug:

I growed more or less 50 Mephistos so far. 3 beans failed ... but the analysis of it showed always the same: it was my fault (lack of patience, too moist, too cold ...). Never had this luck with other breeders!

The thing I don‘t get is ...Why do people post their bad experiences and react negatively when somebody gives them a friendly advice or tries to help them?

Strange times! :shrug:
Strange times indeed! I can answer this question in 2 words...SMART PHONES. Pretty much it all comes down to having the ability to have ANY information you want available at touch of a button. So people who have little to no real experience think they are more educated than they really are. Mix that with the ability to say whatever you want to someone without having to actually "talk" to them in person. This gives people poor attitudes and a false sense of superiority. You know they
Actually have classes in High schools on "How to start a conversation"? Because people text instead of talk. In the same room!

Strange times indeed! I can answer this question in 2 words...SMART PHONES. Pretty much it all comes down to having the ability to have ANY information you want available at touch of a button. So people who have little to no real experience think they are more educated than they really are. Mix that with the ability to say whatever you want to someone without having to actually "talk" to them in person. This gives people poor attitudes and a false sense of superiority. You know they
Actually have classes in High schools on "How to start a conversation"? Because people text instead of talk. In the same room!

So true! Unfortunately! ...and mostly protected by anonymity so no need to behave.

Hey man,

Cheers
Lol I bought some sour hound around then I think. I grew one out not a bad little plant but it doesn't quite stack up to the newer generation u guys bring to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back