Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to share my experience. Bought three packs..got about 7 freebies. Bought white crack, gold glue, and chemdawg. Package arrived very fast, and came with freebies and stickers. Ordered direct from company. My first grow of 5 white crack..I got 4 out of the five beans to pop. Not bad. Figured I would pop the two free white chem I got..with them. Just like the one that didn't work from my white crack pack...the two white chem grew..and opened up with no green inside and died. Just began planting my gold glue. Germinated 2. One seed popped the same day..and is growing now. The second opened up with nothing inside the shell. I am kind of curious about this. Never had this issue with other seed companies. Germination is not guaranteed..of course. However, I wrote mephistos when this happened and was told their stuff germed 100 percent..and would not give an answer and got kind of snippy about it. Therefore, when you are paying for seeds it should be part of the customer service to hear feedback even if it is negative because their could be a problem with the seeds. Right now I am about 70 percent germination rate after paying high prices for domestic order. I am a 70 year old with many years growing..It is a wonderful company..and the product is top notch though. However, when I pay good money for seeds I would like to see a better germ rate..not my mistakes...that is my issue. But when a seed pops and their is nothing in it..that is a company problem. Thank you again for what I do have..not ripping this company. Just stating my experience..and would like to see better germ rates if we are paying an average of 12 bucks a seed at checkout.
I to was having issues with germination. Then I went to check dirt because Mephisto is top notch on genetics. Sure enough I was over run by gnats and there babies. I reuse dirt and my buddy brought me some he had left from one run. It was full of gnats! Neem oil spray once a day for 3 days and not one flying spawn of Satan to be found. My white chem opened up and died. But after dirt fixed 100% again

Hey guys,

I did a full germ test of the in-stock shop stock that was sent to me in September/October including a couple of the freebies.

All the photos and info from then are detailed here:
https://mitch386.wixsite.com/mephistogenetics

This was using the mephisto germ tech. I plan to repeat the test around late March/early April perhaps using root riot cubes or similar.

Cheers

Hey guys,

I did a full germ test of the in-stock shop stock that was sent to me in September/October including a couple of the freebies.

This was using the mephisto germ tech. I plan to repeat the test around late March/early April perhaps using root riot cubes or similar.

Cheers
Great test. I’ve personally had great success with your gear. Only had one not germ And one taken by a break in cricket at seedling stage but I caught the culprit under my foot. Damn hole in basement screen window.

Hey guys,

Cheers
Never knew about this but never doubted Mephisto at all. Suprised to see some werent 100% though.

Do you guys do lot numbers?

I had a pack of seeds from a top vendor wich only 2 of 10 came up. They were very immature looking seeds.

Was gifted to me so no return bit they did ask for batch

Never knew about this but never doubted Mephisto at all. Suprised to see some werent 100% though.

When seeds are newly produced, before they get distributed out, we do a larger batch test at the farm, 70-100 beans of the strain for example. When we see rates above 90% they get sent out.

The ones for this test were then sent back to me in a more average customer quantity. I’d still be aiming to get 90% rates on average popped across all the strains.

Using the MG germ tech for this many strains wasn’t ideal, and far away from a scientific test, the seeds were in different places in different tents, temps varying etc but as a real world, non perfect test I was happy with the outcome.

From being produced to being sold out and needing a reproduction run, most stock stays with us for no more than a year on average.

Cheers

I m currently having some trouble with Sour Hound seeds that I bought through one of your resellers. Can you tell me when the last run of Sour Hound seeds was made? I would assume that date would be my best case with some runs of SH being even older. Then when you factor in they might not have been kept under ideal conditions, it might be the reason I am struggling to get one of these SH seeds to get to full maturity. Don't want to tarnish the reseller unnecessarily when it might not be their problem. But I have never had any problem with seed bought directly through MG (you guys). Not looking for anything but info, as I understand the TOS when it comes to seeds, and you guys have been very generous when I purchased directly. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back