Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to log in and say a thank you again to mephisto - have a strawberry nuggets finishing up (who completely overgrew her two tent-mates) and sampled a bit earlier (still sampling at this moment) and am blown away. even without a proper cure this is an absolute treasure and was a joy to grow. such a fat, vigorous, endlessly sprawling plant with wonderful aroma. probably my tenth or so strain from mephisto and could very well be my favorite! excited to share with friends and family.

:cheersmate:

Would like to share my experience. Bought three packs..got about 7 freebies. Bought white crack, gold glue, and chemdawg. Package arrived very fast, and came with freebies and stickers. Ordered direct from company. My first grow of 5 white crack..I got 4 out of the five beans to pop. Not bad. Figured I would pop the two free white chem I got..with them. Just like the one that didn't work from my white crack pack...the two white chem grew..and opened up with no green inside and died. Just began planting my gold glue. Germinated 2. One seed popped the same day..and is growing now. The second opened up with nothing inside the shell. I am kind of curious about this. Never had this issue with other seed companies. Germination is not guaranteed..of course. However, I wrote mephistos when this happened and was told their stuff germed 100 percent..and would not give an answer and got kind of snippy about it. Therefore, when you are paying for seeds it should be part of the customer service to hear feedback even if it is negative because their could be a problem with the seeds. Right now I am about 70 percent germination rate after paying high prices for domestic order. I am a 70 year old with many years growing..It is a wonderful company..and the product is top notch though. However, when I pay good money for seeds I would like to see a better germ rate..not my mistakes...that is my issue. But when a seed pops and their is nothing in it..that is a company problem. Thank you again for what I do have..not ripping this company. Just stating my experience..and would like to see better germ rates if we are paying an average of 12 bucks a seed at checkout.

Ok. I would like to ask a few questions about the germination meethod you used? I understand you are experienced. I am very experienced in starting seeds and cloning. I can honestly say that I have only had a few seeds not germinate from Mephisto, out of hundreds. I am so confident in my skills that I don't have to do anything but put a little water in a cup on top of my tent and 24hrs plant it. Within 2 days it will be up...always. UNTIL, you put your cup of water and seed on top of the tent and you have a COLD streak of weather and your temps dip in your grow room 5 degrees. Some strains will pop easier at lower temps. So, last week I started 2 seeds. 1 Forum Stomper and 1 White Crack. It got Cold overnight and instead of the top of my tent being 80F it was 75F. 24hr later the Forum Stomper has a little tail And I plant her. White Crack had not even Cracked open. But I dont soak my sees I. Water too long and my temps were too low on top of the tent.

Solution... Plant the White Crack and put it in the tent with the Forum Stomper. Turn my fan off in my tent and let the temps rise to 80-85F. Within 24 hrs the Forum Stomper was up with shell off. About 12 hrs later the White Crack was up. My point is, I have grown THOUSANDS of plants. Not exaggerating or bragging. Seeds don't give a shit if you have tons of experience. If your temps are lower than they should be ..you can fail. If your medium is too moist, you can fail. A simple change in weather for a couple of days can equal failing. 95%+ of failure is grower error, not the seeds.

The only germination issues I seem to have are with freebies of unreleased strains. I had 100% success up until more recently with some freebies. Of 41 I've had 6 not pop, barely plop, or the popped seed being dead when planted, Sams Crack and Auto Livere x Samsquanch were the 6. I dont think I ever had a strain that had been a release not pop. I figure the unreleased freebies underwent far less testing and they were freebies anyway so it doesn't bother me. Love Mephisto!

The only germination issues I seem to have are with freebies of unreleased strains. I had 100% success up until more recently with some freebies. Of 41 I've had 6 not pop, barely plop, or the popped seed being dead when planted, Sams Crack and Auto Livere x Samsquanch were the 6. I dont think I ever had a strain that had been a release not pop. I figure the unreleased freebies underwent far less testing and they were freebies anyway so it doesn't bother me. Love Mephisto!
I don't know their exact methods, but Freebies from anywhere are often untested, old, or extra stock. So if is fair to say the rates would be worse on Freebies from anywhere, not just Mephisto.
But I have also had some KILLER FREEBIES, better than ones I paid for!

Ok. I would like to ask a few questions about the germination meethod you used? I understand you are experienced. I am very experienced in starting seeds and cloning. I can honestly say that I have only had a few seeds not germinate from Mephisto, out of hundreds. I am so confident in my skills that I don't have to do anything but put a little water in a cup on top of my tent and 24hrs plant it. Within 2 days it will be up...always. UNTIL, you put your cup of water and seed on top of the tent and you have a COLD streak of weather and your temps dip in your grow room 5 degrees. Some strains will pop easier at lower temps. So, last week I started 2 seeds. 1 Forum Stomper and 1 White Crack. It got Cold overnight and instead of the top of my tent being 80F it was 75F. 24hr later the Forum Stomper has a little tail And I plant her. White Crack had not even Cracked open. But I dont soak my sees I. Water too long and my temps were too low on top of the tent.

Solution... Plant the White Crack and put it in the tent with the Forum Stomper. Turn my fan off in my tent and let the temps rise to 80-85F. Within 24 hrs the Forum Stomper was up with shell off. About 12 hrs later the White Crack was up. My point is, I have grown THOUSANDS of plants. Not exaggerating or bragging. Seeds don't give a shit if you have tons of experience. If your temps are lower than they should be ..you can fail. If your medium is too moist, you can fail. A simple change in weather for a couple of days can equal failing. 95%+ of failure is grower error, not the seeds.

I wrote an honest response based upon my experience. Not interested nor do I need advice. If I needed it I would ask. Based on your response. Not from you..

Good thing this Grapey Walter germinated, or i'd be all up in Mephisto's @SS!

f-141.jpg

Cause that's how I Roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back