Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehe I don't lol! I find it hard to believe that home ambient lighting has enough ppf to affect the quality of your buds. My drying rack hangs in my room with ambient light all day, blinds are closed but still enough light to see well. I keep a fan blowing near the rack, but not on it, to stir the air. So far so good. But hey, you know how I am heheh!

Well if that's the case then by theory we shouldn't hang our plants to dry in dark places right?

I concur...also, curing is science!...lol

From the moment the crop is harvested it begins to degrade as enzymes and aerobic bacteria break down excess sugars and starches. Curing cannabis essentially forces the plant to use up those sugars, starches and excessive nutrients before they’ve had the chance to dry out and get stuck inside the plant.

If you’ve ever wondered why some cannabis is harsher or less flavorful when you smoke it, it is because these residual components have not been properly cured out of the plant prior to drying and/or distribution to the consumer. A good cannabis cure will not only improve the flavor and smoothness of a smoke sesh, it will also improve product potency, too!

That’s because cannabinoid synthesis (the process of creating those valuable chemicals) continues even after harvest.
When freshly-harvested cannabis flowers are kept at the proper temperature and humidity, non-psychoactive cannabinoids will continue to transform into THCa, a precursor to psychoactive THC
It's frustrating growing this great looking cannabis and the cure is not right... That is what I'm lacking...

Yeah sorry pops, i see your a pretty well known member and seem good but i don't argue and do pics or its not true. Hps/led, auto/photo, soil/coco and on and on. Everybody always knows whats the best and everyones elses ways are the wrong one. I feel Nitty knows im not going to gibe him random internet ideas if i didn't feel it was relevant. I do not remember the "scientific" verbage on the process but again the long darkness teicks the plant into fighting to stay alive and therfore it pushes and makes heavy trichs before dying. No real way to test but chop some buds off the plant before letting the rest stay in the 24-72 of dark. Thats all I've really got to say on it.

From my own experience and observation I have to agree. What I do is I feed them for the last time b4 lights out then harvest when pots are dry. I also read somewhere that it triggers that last effort to reproduce therefore causing the buds to get heavier

its a good thing to have debate! Its also a learning tool. I take no offense when someone challenges what I say. It makes us all stop and think, and maybe even take a closer look at things we tend to just go along with rather than look into.

I agree 100% this is what makes us all better growers. The 1 thing I've learned in my short time growing is I must have confidence in the way I grow and always look to improve by watching and learning from my peers, not trying to prove which way is right or wrong and to do this I must keep an open mind because there's always room for improvement in my grow room

From my own experience and observation I have to agree. What I do is I feed them for the last time b4 lights out then harvest when pots are dry. I also read somewhere that it triggers that last effort to reproduce therefore causing the buds to get heavier

I agree 100% this is what makes us all better growers. The 1 thing I've learned in my short time growing is I must have confidence in the way I grow and always look to improve by watching and learning from my peers, not trying to prove which way is right or wrong and to do this I must keep an open mind because there's always room for improvement in my grow room
I have'nt weighed in on this yet because I'm a noob with almost no experience yet. With that being said though, I had a experience worth mentioning. when I had cut my IPCBD down at the end my back was beyond killing me so quit for the night leaving some little popcorn left at the bottom. Feeling better a day and a half later I decided to trim them off to throw in with the rest of popcorn. that stuff looked so much different than what I'd already cut I put them side by side on a plate and they looked as though they came from 2 different plants. The popcorn left in dark tent for a day+ was a lot more frosty. Just my one time experience, wasn't expecting it, just an observation.

I have'nt weighed in on this yet because I'm a noob with almost no experience yet. With that being said though, I had a experience worth mentioning. when I had cut my IPCBD down at the end my back was beyond killing me so quit for the night leaving some little popcorn left at the bottom. Feeling better a day and a half later I decided to trim them off to throw in with the rest of popcorn. that stuff looked so much different than what I'd already cut I put them side by side on a plate and they looked as though they came from 2 different plants. The popcorn left in dark tent for a day+ was a lot more frosty. Just my one time experience, wasn't expecting it, just an observation.

Just so I understand the popcorn buds had more resin production from being in the dark for 1 1/2 days longer than the ones taken 1st. :bravo: good eye this is sorta what made me start this. My 1st grow I ran 3 strains 2 each when I went to harvest I pulled 3 out of the tent and set them in the dark and the other 3 under light fed them all 1 quart of molasses water. The 3 left in the dark were a lot stickier than the ones left under the light :shrug: when I can put my plants in the dark for 24 to 72 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back