Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it somewhere,or saw it on YouTube that the dark will make the buds put out more trichs also... Its not rocket science we're talking about here, this is a question about whether it will help or harm the plants... Im gonna do it anyway, matter of fact I have already... Once again, we'll see...

Of course its science. Not rocket propulsion. But its botany, which is plant science. And I don't know how complex it is, but I doubt is very simple. you certainly won't be able to prove it either way in your home grow setup -- lets put it that way.

its a good thing to have debate! Its also a learning tool. I take no offense when someone challenges what I say. It makes us all stop and think, and maybe even take a closer look at things we tend to just go along with rather than look into.

Yeah sorry pops, i see your a pretty well known member and seem good but i don't argue and do pics or its not true. Hps/led, auto/photo, soil/coco and on and on. Everybody always knows whats the best and everyones elses ways are the wrong one. I feel Nitty knows im not going to gibe him random internet ideas if i didn't feel it was relevant. I do not remember the "scientific" verbage on the process but again the long darkness teicks the plant into fighting to stay alive and therfore it pushes and makes heavy trichs before dying. No real way to test but chop some buds off the plant before letting the rest stay in the 24-72 of dark. Thats all I've really got to say on it.

I concur...also, curing is science!...lol

From the moment the crop is harvested it begins to degrade as enzymes and aerobic bacteria break down excess sugars and starches. Curing cannabis essentially forces the plant to use up those sugars, starches and excessive nutrients before they’ve had the chance to dry out and get stuck inside the plant.

If you’ve ever wondered why some cannabis is harsher or less flavorful when you smoke it, it is because these residual components have not been properly cured out of the plant prior to drying and/or distribution to the consumer. A good cannabis cure will not only improve the flavor and smoothness of a smoke sesh, it will also improve product potency, too!

That’s because cannabinoid synthesis (the process of creating those valuable chemicals) continues even after harvest.
When freshly-harvested cannabis flowers are kept at the proper temperature and humidity, non-psychoactive cannabinoids will continue to transform into THCa, a precursor to psychoactive THC
More, more, more!!!

its a good thing to have debate! Its also a learning tool. I take no offense when someone challenges what I say. It makes us all stop and think, and maybe even take a closer look at things we tend to just go along with rather than look into.
Just want to add my 2 cents. I had some bud rot raise its ugly head while some plants were in the darkness. So I have stopped with the darkness period, cause I don't want to risk the fungus attacks..

Just want to add my 2 cents. I had some bud rot raise its ugly head while some plants were in the darkness. So I have stopped with the darkness period, cause I don't want to risk the fungus attacks..
Oh oh!!! Not a lot of humidity in the northeast right now...

Oh oh!!! Not a lot of humidity in the northeast right now...

Well if that's the case then by theory we shouldn't hang our plants to dry in dark places right?

Well if that's the case then by theory we shouldn't hang our plants to dry in dark places right?
The pot filled with earth which probably contains moisture is not present when I dry my buds, but if I were to improve ventilation and dehumidify it would probably not be a problem, but I don't think it is worth MY effort, to each his own off course :pass:

(The dehumidifying effect of the lamps doesn't work if there turned off..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back