Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally from growing and trying stuff my conclusion is that , personally, I’ve seen no difference to yield or taste from a dark period or shocking with cold water.

From again, personal experiments, I have found that curing makes the biggest difference to taste. Not science. Just observation.

Cheers,

HH

Ill wait than till about same as you. Ill have money next week so next week or 2 im getting it.

Boooooooo!

Absolutely. 24-72 before cut is good. Makes them pump into trichs rhinking they can save themselves from dying(basic cause i know SOMEONE will want to het technical about it XD)
15382530621851212050578.jpg
153825309512563491282.jpg

Personally from growing and trying stuff my conclusion is that , personally, I’ve seen no difference to yield or taste from a dark period or shocking with cold water.

From again, personal experiments, I have found that curing makes the biggest difference to taste. Not science. Just observation.

Cheers,

HH

I concur...also, curing is science!...lol

From the moment the crop is harvested it begins to degrade as enzymes and aerobic bacteria break down excess sugars and starches. Curing cannabis essentially forces the plant to use up those sugars, starches and excessive nutrients before they’ve had the chance to dry out and get stuck inside the plant.

If you’ve ever wondered why some cannabis is harsher or less flavorful when you smoke it, it is because these residual components have not been properly cured out of the plant prior to drying and/or distribution to the consumer. A good cannabis cure will not only improve the flavor and smoothness of a smoke sesh, it will also improve product potency, too!

That’s because cannabinoid synthesis (the process of creating those valuable chemicals) continues even after harvest.
When freshly-harvested cannabis flowers are kept at the proper temperature and humidity, non-psychoactive cannabinoids will continue to transform into THCa, a precursor to psychoactive THC

Haven't looked yet, but on the other hand, I've never seen proof that its not. Its my understanding that the processes carried on during lights out are minimal in flower as no photo synthesis is taking place. It would seem to me that without light, no compound building is going on. but that ,as this concept, is conjecture. Lets look into it!
If anyone would, it should be you!!! I believe that you will get to the bottom of this... I just want them out of the way of my photos... Gorilla glue x chocolate diesel fem and orange cookies x chocolate diesel fem... Day 60 of veg... Flipping to 12/12 today!!!
IMG_20180929_033617.jpg
IMG_20180929_033212.jpg
IMG_20180923_193650.jpg
IMG_20180923_193425.jpg

I say its a myth. Show me proof.
Yeah sorry pops, i see your a pretty well known member and seem good but i don't argue and do pics or its not true. Hps/led, auto/photo, soil/coco and on and on. Everybody always knows whats the best and everyones elses ways are the wrong one. I feel Nitty knows im not going to gibe him random internet ideas if i didn't feel it was relevant. I do not remember the "scientific" verbage on the process but again the long darkness teicks the plant into fighting to stay alive and therfore it pushes and makes heavy trichs before dying. No real way to test but chop some buds off the plant before letting the rest stay in the 24-72 of dark. Thats all I've really got to say on it.

o_O 60 days of veg? Those wont go in the cabinet i hope? Setring up the tent? Thise will be huge Nitty.
We'll see... I'll crop em if I have to... But yeah, in the cabinet they go!!! They still have 2-3 ft of space to grow up to the light...

Yeah sorry pops, i see your a pretty well known member and seem good but i don't argue and do pics or its not true. Hps/led, auto/photo, soil/coco and on and on. Everybody always knows whats the best and everyones elses ways are the wrong one. I feel Nitty knows im not going to gibe him random internet ideas if i didn't feel it was relevant. I do not remember the "scientific" verbage on the process but again the long darkness teicks the plant into fighting to stay alive and therfore it pushes and makes heavy trichs before dying. No real way to test but chop some buds off the plant before letting the rest stay in the 24-72 of dark. Thats all I've really got to say on it.
I read it somewhere,or saw it on YouTube that the dark will make the buds put out more trichs also... Its not rocket science we're talking about here, this is a question about whether it will help or harm the plants... Im gonna do it anyway, matter of fact I have already... Once again, we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back