Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved Canada orders to ship from the US as the last few months some people have been waiting 4-6 weeks from Spain or packages not arriving at all which is obviously not a situation we're down for.

Strange though as historically Canada hadn't given us any problems with the same kinda shipping time as to the U.K.

Cheers Mitch

Just and FYI to all those Canadians @Sleeveofauto @og busti , there are currently two issues at play with foreign inbound shipments, one the "CBSA" Canada Border Services Agency is taking their time with a lot of inbound shipments in certain ports or locations and the processing time is painfully slow some for legit issues like fentanyl screening and others are just taking time for other reasons, and two Canada Post is also throwing a wrench in the works as a lot of bulk packages shipped from elsewhere are just being literately dumped into trailers parked at sorting facilities, that they claim are either not compatible with their system, the rate at which they get paid for it is too low for the volume amount and they prioritize more expensive services, and or due to improper labeling, which typically need to be hand sorted and not to mention a ways back they stop offering tracking services on pretty much everything unless you paided for more "premium services" that supported it, which if you want to get into by them hindering and slowing down incoming foreign packages to the point customers start noticing issues consistently over a longer period of time, it forces consumers to change their shipping habits to options that are more expensive in order to get there packages in any reasonable time which in turn means Canada Post will get a bigger profit share on those more "costly" shipping options.

So i have a hunch that more is going on here than just standard "delays" so this is just something to keep in mind.

here's some links if you care to read
http://www.ctvnews.ca/delayed-delivery-canada-post-says-you-get-what-you-pay-for-1.3446303
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/surge-in-e-shopping-blamed-for-canada-post-delivery-delays-1.4161242
https://www.biv.com/article/2017/7/shippers-irked-over-canada-border-services-agency-/

And just to make a point i've received multiple packages inbound from China or the Philippines 3-5 months after they were ordered, but they all have arrived.

I'm also in the same boat as you Order placed July 3rd, Shipped July 14th, and Currently still waiting, but i can wait some more before sending off an email as i have a sneaky suspicion its due to the above issue even if i opted for 1-2 Week shipping.

Just and FYI to all those Canadians @Sleeveofauto @og busti , there are currently two issues at play with foreign inbound shipments, one the "CBSA" Canada Border Services Agency is taking their time with a lot of inbound shipments in certain ports or locations and the processing time is painfully slow some for legit issues like fentanyl screening and others are just taking time for other reasons, and two Canada Post is also throwing a wrench in the works as a lot of bulk packages shipped from elsewhere are just being literately dumped into trailers parked at sorting facilities, that they claim are either not compatible with their system, the rate at which they get paid for it is too low for the volume amount and they prioritize more expensive services, and or due to improper labeling, which typically need to be hand sorted and not to mention a ways back they stop offering tracking services on pretty much everything unless you paided for more "premium services" that supported it, which if you want to get into by them hindering and slowing down incoming foreign packages to the point customers start noticing issues consistently over a longer period of time, it forces consumers to change their shipping habits to options that are more expensive in order to get there packages in any reasonable time which in turn means Canada Post will get a bigger profit share on those more "costly" shipping options.

So i have a hunch that more is going on here than just standard "delays" so this is just something to keep in mind.

here's some links if you care to read
http://www.ctvnews.ca/delayed-delivery-canada-post-says-you-get-what-you-pay-for-1.3446303
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/surge-in-e-shopping-blamed-for-canada-post-delivery-delays-1.4161242
https://www.biv.com/article/2017/7/shippers-irked-over-canada-border-services-agency-/

And just to make a point i've received multiple packages inbound from China or the Philippines 3-5 months after they were ordered, but they all have arrived.

I'm also in the same boat as you Order placed July 3rd, Shipped July 14th, and Currently still waiting, but i can wait some more before sending off an email as i have a sneaky suspicion its due to the above issue even if i opted for 1-2 Week shipping.

Wow!
Thank you for the information! Sounds about right that we get taxed at a premium to be offered a sub standard service. It's the Canadian way, lol.
I'll hold tight and see what shakes out over the next little while.
Cheers

I'm at day 8 with a confirmed payment but still no shipping. Tried Jez but got no reply.

Pretty disappointing considering all the great things people have to say about Mephisto.

Try shooting a message to Kevin with your order number. I pinged Jez twice, and finally messaged Kevin and he got back to me in a few minutes and I got my shipping info from Jez this morning. Mitch mentioned Jez is playing a bit of catch-up at the moment, so Kevin looks to be the one to poke if you need a quicker reply.

Hey guys,

Another member from Canada sent me this info earlier too -

I thought I should mention, I spoke with Canada Post (our national carrier) the other day, and they told me that the wait times at customs at the 3 customs sites in Canada were; Toronto: ~14 days, Montreal: ~20 days, and Vancouver: ~43 days.

We think we've found a better solution for Canada and it's to have a within Canada shipper , we're just figuring out the details now as I type.

Any US people waiting. The backlog will be cleared by end of day Friday for any orders older than 3 days.

Some trying times to say the least, we've also had a staff member quit just last night, but trying to rally and get everyone sorted as soon as possible.

As trust me, your stress is my stress too, I always just want people to get sorted and sorted well as smoothly as possible.

Hey guys,

Another member from Canada sent me this info earlier too -

I thought I should mention, I spoke with Canada Post (our national carrier) the other day, and they told me that the wait times at customs at the 3 customs sites in Canada were; Toronto: ~14 days, Montreal: ~20 days, and Vancouver: ~43 days.

We think we've found a better solution for Canada and it's to have a within Canada shipper , we're just figuring out the details now as I type.

Any US people waiting. The backlog will be cleared by end of day Friday for any orders older than 3 days.

Some trying times to say the least, we've also had a staff member quit just last night, but trying to rally and get everyone sorted as soon as possible.

As trust me, your stress is my stress too, I always just want people to get sorted and sorted well as smoothly as possible.
The ex staff member must've not been a fan of greatness...

The ex staff member must've not been a fan of greatness...

Naa, not his fault, it's just stressful and he's reached his breaking point. Similar to me when people ask but I can't do much other than enquire or refer people to someone else on the team, the aspects we're waiting on are out of our direct control - which sucks royally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back