Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and one more question nice Mephisto ppl....if you ship from the US (I've seen it mentioned here, but dunno if true), why would my order have a £10 fee attached is shipping to Canada? thanks again....

Shipping still costs money, regardless where it's coming from...

Shipping still costs money, regardless where it's coming from...
it's true. there's a bit of a difference between $18 cad and $7 cad tho for a mailer. And that's what the differential is on domestic versus international postage rates.

I don't mind a business recouping costs. I'm a business owner myself. I'm just not keen on paying margin on non-product. Which, is why I ask....

it's true. there's a bit of a difference between $18 cad and $7 cad tho for a mailer.

I don't mind a business recouping costs. I'm a business owner myself. I'm just not to keen on paying margin on non-product. Which, is why I ask....
Is this your first order from them? If so, just wait to get your gear you will be thrilled. From all I've seen on the website, shipping is either €10 or €13 depending on what you require. Not sure about the £10 you mentioned. Not certain how that equates to Canadian money on the market currently. One thing I can tell you is this, you will get way better service, attention and gear from Mephisto Genetics than anybody else in the industry - it's not just a business to them and if you look around this site it certainly shows.

it's true. there's a bit of a difference between $18 cad and $7 cad tho for a mailer.

I don't mind a business recouping costs. I'm a business owner myself. I'm just not to keen on paying margin on non-product. Which, is why I ask....

I hear ya. It's just the flat fee for everyone though, man. Not sure what you're quoting with $18 and $7, but you're paying three bucks more than we're paying here in the US for the shipping. That's not even a cup of coffee, you know? And I'd disagree on paying for non-product. No other breeder or seedbank ships from North America, but they all charge roughly the same as Mephisto, or more. That means that Mephisto has more invested to get the seeds to the states, pay someone to do the shipping, etc. To me, that's worth something, especially with their level of service overall.

Is this your first order from them? If so, just wait to get your gear you will be thrilled. From all I've seen on the website, shipping is either €10 or €13 depending on what you require. Not sure about the £10 you mentioned. Not certain how that equates to Canadian money on the market currently. One thing I can tell you is this, you will get way better service, attention and gear from Mephisto Genetics than anybody else in the industry - it's not just a business to them and if you look around this site it certainly shows.
the 10 quid is what they quote to mail to Canada - which is about $18CAD. If it's mailed from the states, it's about $7-8CAD.

I've heard it's a trim outfit, and good gear. Which, should be payed for. And yeah, there's handling too, no one should ever work for free. Just strikes me that that high a fee - seems adding on heavy. That's where my question comes from. I don't think it's an unreasonable question. I'd like to hear....

the 10 quid is what they quote to mail to Canada - which is about $18CAD. If it's mailed from the states, it's about $7-8CAD.

Can you show me where it's 10 to Canada, and $7-8 to the states? I'm in the US and paid 10 euro for shipping.

Can you show me where it's 10 to Canada, and $7-8 to the states? I'm in the US and paid 10 euro for shipping.
if it's domestic mail (like within north america), it'll be $7-8. Overseas is double the rate. at 10 quid (which is what I'm being quoted), that's $18 buck-ish in Canuckistan loons.

so, if it's being mailed from within NA, should be half if it's only covering the mailer.

handling is a different issue. But, it sure isn't 10 quid total in the UK. That's all I'm asking about.

I'm not grinding here - just want to clarify. That's all.

if it's domestic mail (like within north america), it'll be $7-8. Overseas is double the rate. at 10 quid (which is what I'm being quoted), that's $18 buck-ish in Canuckistan loons.

I guess what I'm saying is that my order is already paid for, and my invoice shows ten euros for shipping. Does yours show different? And if it seems like I'm hounding you about this I apologize - not my intent to jump down your neck. Just genuinely curious if you have other shipping/invoice data.

I guess what I'm saying is that my order is already paid for, and my invoice shows ten euros for shipping. Does yours show different? And if it seems like I'm hounding you about this I apologize - not my intent to jump down your neck. Just genuinely curious if you have other shipping/invoice data.
not at all man, all good. I've got a basket saved on their website, they quote 10 quid to ship.

from what I've read, the seeds ship domestically. Which means, it'll cost half of that to get it to me if I'm in NA.

I don't want to trip over dollars to pick up a nickle here....but....it seems disconnected to me. Maybe it all comes from the UK? I'm sure @mephisto will clear it up....

and one more question nice Mephisto ppl....if you ship from the US (I've seen it mentioned here, but dunno if true), why would my order have a £10 fee attached is shipping to Canada? thanks again....

Hey,

We looked up the prices, and essentially that's what they are from the US to Canada.
First class international, or priority international aren't cheap.

We moved Canada orders to ship from the US as the last few months some people have been waiting 4-6 weeks from Spain or packages not arriving at all which is obviously not a situation we're down for.

Strange though as historically Canada hadn't given us any problems with the same kinda shipping time as to the U.K.

Cheers Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back