Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mephisto first of all thank you for everything, you have a customer for life.:bighug:

I wanted to ask what is the shelf life on the @gbd super soil mix if its left in the bag(not mixed with any soil) and stored in a cool dry place?

@mephisto this might seem a daft question but what's the best way to store seed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great question; I was doing some research on this earlier this year. Seems that a cool temperature, like a fridge, works for shorter term 1-3 years storage.. Anything longer I'd say you would want to vac seal and put them in the freezer.
However, saying that, I was able to to get a 10 year old seed to sprout and live. The success ratio I got was 1 of ~ 20seeds to germ from an old photo batch years of summers heat and winters cold. I did soak them in sugar water though, that might have helped too.

@Deadlyeight into the fridge they go, I've heard all kinds of stories. Thank you for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just somewhere cool, dry and dark, even unrefrigerated should last several years.
Stable temps and not getting hit by sunlight for example will help.

Fridge if you plan to store for more than 3 years

Freezer I would say if you plan to store for more than 5 years.

Cheers Mitch

@mephisto do we have any kind of somewhat maybe idea of when those HBBSS' will be back in stock. I know you had said it was going to be soon, i was wondering liiiiiiike maybe in the next couple weeks soon or the next month lol. I am about to order my next round for my perpetual cycle and I am just waiting on some hubba action. If it is going to be in the next week or so I will just wait on them and if not I will go ahead and order and then reorder when they are available again. Thanks, as always for rockin it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back