New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

Your ladies are definitely looking great! Especially Val and Greta. Time sure goes by quickly. Nice job!

I know right.
Vals hairs are all turning orange now so i’m gonna be getting her on a proposed 10 day / 2 week flush starting tomorrow! Just really gotta hope she bulks out like greta on the last couple weeks otherwise she’s gonna be making some great QWISO but that’s about it!

Okay so quite a busy late night for me today, had some work planned that needed a little downtime after so had to wait until just before lights out. Bit of a pain but hey ho.

Just an update for the vegging autos here as while progress is happening in the flowering tent id rather not show them off as often to give a little more gravity to their appearances haha

Update for Tilda (Blueberry Auto) day 42 in soil: Coming on very well, with flowering beginning to take off. I am slowly waiting until she gives me sign that it’s time to switch to bloom nutes which should be quite soon. A week or 2 at most.
So far she has the most even canopy I have managed to produce but it’s hard to say for certain at this point.
Drinking about 1L every 2 days (0.75ml/l grow, 0.5ml/lTopmax, 0.25ml/l Calmag pH’d with lemon juice to 6.5).
Have been defoliated tactically in preparation for flower as i dont want to touch her as much in flower this time round.
EB4CD26E-F05F-4290-98E0-E0C23BB86F58.jpeg

Update for Broomehilda (White Widow Auto) day 30 in soil: She is recovering very well to the split cola and has is growing a nice thick stem. She has a very mild aroma at this point, but only a very mild pine hint.
She is also drinking around 1L every 2/3 days (0.75ml/l grow, 0.5ml/l Topmax, 0.25ml/l Calmag pH’d to 6.5)
Her foliage is also very even and producing lots of leave. Have tactically defoliated and removed lower budsites that never get light.

86BBAE30-C22C-4C5D-A2BD-E8B636E5D08A.jpeg

Update for Amelia (Dr. Feelgood) day 21 in soil: Now this plant just continues to amaze. Fantastic growth, strong recovery to LST and giving me the perfect amount of stem to work with for the spiral. Have managed to get her a little more on-centre to her pot.
Have started feeding her and she is drinking a lot, around 1L every 2/3 days (0.5ml grow, 0.25ml Calmag pH’d to 6.5)

C855D0F4-0F25-44F6-9032-99C5DA8BFEAD.jpeg

Update for Augusta (Northern Lights Auto) day 14 in soil: Have topped her today at the 3rd internode. Tried to get her topped as early as possible. Going to give her the night to recover and then will remove the lowest nodes growth leaving 4 main Colas to perform LST on. Would have left the lowers but as she’s so squat I think i’ll get better results if they go.
Will update tomorrow with progress.
265FD336-80B0-4B92-A0A4-C2B7293AC40D.jpeg
747A17D5-51F1-4FDC-A279-D25C85638ABE.jpeg

Anyway AFN time to smoke a huge bowl of chocolate kush and watch some Star Trek: The Animated series and pass out with a smile on my lips as i think about my babies

Peace out :pighug:

Ladies all looking good. Coming along nicely.

You do really well with the LST. It always feels awkward to me. I feel like I’m doing it wrong. You know what I like though? Topping them. I’m thinking of maybe topping my next girls, twice. Then tying them down a bit. See how that works. Have you ever done that?

Anyways, just rambling. How’s Val doing today?

Ladies all looking good. Coming along nicely.

You do really well with the LST. It always feels awkward to me. I feel like I’m doing it wrong. You know what I like though? Topping them. I’m thinking of maybe topping my next girls, twice. Then tying them down a bit. See how that works. Have you ever done that?

Anyways, just rambling. How’s Val doing today?

It definitely is awkward, and when you do it to them so young you may have to move bends everyday or even remove bends you’ve made and so forth.

If youre planning on topping twice and tying down youd have a lot of fun learning mainlining, particularly for photos. Not certain about double topping an auto though the info is saying 2 tops max for autos as long as you get them both at the right moment but i’m not sure id trust myself to get it right. also Maybe check out @Vapo69 threads if you haven’t already as he does some great training which might be right up your alley. I learned a lot about what I was actually doing to my plants (i’m not great at terminology and stuff) by looking at his work and seeing what i was doing right and what i could improve

And was actually just about to put a little update up for Val as she just got the chop today! Sadly she wasn’t fattening up and all her pistils had turned multicoloured pink/orange hues and had stopped growing for quite a few days before deciding it was time to make some space for the other plants as time wasnt really doing anything for Val.
Not the best bud from her, very wispy due to a mix of pH problems, nute burn and deficiency due to human error. Not a loss at all, got some lovely smelling bud and all the richer for the experience. At least now i know how to use my nutes!

Update for Val day 68 in soil:

She got the chop today.
For over a week she hasn’t been growing any more and all i was getting were more and more pistils turning dark brown and falling off. Pistils has all turned pink/orange or a strange blue/purple hue. Trichs were also all cloudy and a decent amount of amber too.
Bit of a shame she never really fattened up due to the Nute burn pH problems and also my mistake of defoliated her too far into flowering.
Lessons learned.

She produced an okay amount of very wispy bud even if it smells delicious. Tilda has been put in the flowering tent to replace Val.

Her root system was insane!
A8DDEB6E-CA98-4D9F-9242-88983DDABBBB.jpeg

Here’s a couple pics before chop:
6F113904-4A34-4F6B-A6EA-CCB8FC82DB33.jpeg
98B6BAF0-9AC2-475C-A225-05C36861FBFF.jpeg

Have trimmed the buds as much as possible for now and hung the colas in the drying box.
824A2EE3-95AD-4B1F-A0CA-E92378BC22F9.jpeg
091A9B58-7A00-40B2-8A0A-9461EE00A3A7.jpeg

RIP Val, you’ve been fun!

Update for Val day 68 in soil:

She got the chop today.
For over a week she hasn’t been growing any more and all i was getting were more and more pistils turning dark brown and falling off. Pistils has all turned pink/orange or a strange blue/purple hue. Trichs were also all cloudy and a decent amount of amber too.
Bit of a shame she never really fattened up due to the Nute burn pH problems and also my mistake of defoliated her too far into flowering.
Lessons learned.

She produced an okay amount of very wispy bud even if it smells delicious. Tilda has been put in the flowering tent to replace Val.

Her root system was insane!
View attachment 985410

Here’s a couple pics before chop:
View attachment 985409 View attachment 985413
Have trimmed the buds as much as possible for now and hung the colas in the drying box.View attachment 985412View attachment 985411
RIP Val, you’ve been fun!
Shame about Val, but as long as you've got something to smoke, that's all that counts. I'd say she had a couple more weeks to go as all the pistils look white in the pics but you're the best judge of that.

Anyway, you've got plenty more on the way eh...

Congrats on the harvest!
:growing:

Back