New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

@archie gemmil think you were right mate. Since i don’t water too often and it had been a good 30hr since their last 2l feed i decided to switch to giving them a daily 1L feed (as i was doing before starting to adjust my feeds) and also gave them 1ml of calmag each and they really seemed to like it.
Particularly Val, a few hours later she perked up significantly again.

When i checked the areas that cal deficiency shows up with the loupe i could see a little areas of patchy white. Nothing crazy and not clearly visible but there on a few.

The alg-a-mic has like only trace N but also a host of other goodies that the plants like, been meaning to pick up most of the Biobizz line but hey ho, the holidays round the corner and all that.

great update mate

Val and Greta are gorgeous, lovely structures on 'em both. i'd guess the same as you with the yellowing on Val - lots of energy and N being used up for flowering.

do you think Tilda is going to stretch up and join Val and Greta? Broomhilda won't be far behind a stretch either?

Amelia popping off for sure, vigorous!

great update mate

Val and Greta are gorgeous, lovely structures on 'em both. i'd guess the same as you with the yellowing on Val - lots of energy and N being used up for flowering.

do you think Tilda is going to stretch up and join Val and Greta? Broomhilda won't be far behind a stretch either?

Amelia popping off for sure, vigorous!

I don’t know man, Tilda is finally showing sex very late so hopefully she catches up soon!
I think Broomehilda should start in the next week or so though, she seems to actually be on the timeline properly so here’s hoping.

Hey guys, a quick update on the babies.

Thanks @archie gemmill for the advice with the calmag and feeding routine you use. Definitely a marked improvement by upping Calmag to 1mg/l and feeding 1l as needed as opposed to 2L every 2 days or so.
The extra calmag really seemed to kickstart bud production on Val again!

Just a quick update on tent conditions:
So i’ve had to get another small dehumidifier in there for this late stage of flowering and also improved fan position and increased power to improve airflow.
6F540F2A-F20C-4791-B16B-AA0020A3B503.jpeg

Now the RH range is from around 45%-61% which is far better than before.
Things are really starting to smell in there but the extraction is more efficient with the reduced RH
71503394-3605-4819-BE1F-96B868AB38EF.jpeg

Have also rigged up the light wires a bit differently to give me more head room. Just looped them horizonantally going in both directions through the metal clips and use the wires to hang on the ratchet clips.
76867B58-D2DA-4E1B-B5AB-6747974D93DE.jpeg

Val day 64 in soil:
Now as i mentioned above i upped the calmag to 1ml/L and also started feeding 1l as needed as opposed to 2L every two days. After starting that bud production really started kicking off again!
She is also suspended on a baking rack to bring her up to the light since I have greta on a lower rack and she’s a few inches taller anyway so they could match height a little better.
She’s looking a lot better.
8A8D3169-7E4B-41A1-BAC2-D44670FF17B4.jpeg

Greta day 53 in soil:

She is smelling so amazing you have no idea. You couldn’t really tell her cheese heritage as she’s a full on citrus/pine scent and incredibly frosty so far. Coming on way better that Val at this stage I have to be honest, I really wasn’t expecting it.
Have put her on the same feeding routine as Val and seems to be loving it.
Her buds are so fat already it’s crazy and some trichs are even a little cloudy in appearance already
Reckon she’s going to be ready pretty soon!
587D2FB8-6E92-442F-8ABD-0D7C5C631B24.jpeg

And the trichs are pretty well visible in this one. Very frosty leaves and nugs!
C72C5E6F-2F50-40E8-AB3E-9AFE3D64370A.jpeg

Will update the veg tent progress tomorrow!

Peace and love

root juice,bio heaven very expensive for a 250ml bottle......i use and like biobizz nutes and soils.but having tried both i couldnt see,smell,taste any difference before,during or after.ive just got a bottle of fish mix and top max im sure the prices have gone up a bit used to be 12-13 with the alg a mic at 10.top max £20 and fish £14 now.root juice is only used for week 1 and 2,heaven looks smells like watered down mollases :shrug:
:pighug:

root juice,bio heaven very expensive for a 250ml bottle......i use and like biobizz nutes and soils.but having tried both i couldnt see,smell,taste any difference before,during or after.ive just got a bottle of fish mix and top max im sure the prices have gone up a bit used to be 12-13 with the alg a mic at 10.top max £20 and fish £14 now.root juice is only used for week 1 and 2,heaven looks smells like watered down mollases :shrug:
:pighug:

Yeah bioheaven seems pretty useless, they even tell the advanced grower not to bother. Is basically like you said, a sugary amino acid blend i think used to relieve stress but i’m not sure they need it anyway.

I’m just gonna be getting Fish mix, more grow, bloom and topmax, alg-a-mic and root juice. I feel like i’m forgetting something but probs not, just really baked on some high quality Glueberry

Val and Greta are looking very tasty! Interesting to hear about the cal mag, I'm surprised by how quickly you saw the result. The more ya know!

I pretty much use the same levels throughout the whole grow and have been OK so far, maybe I'll give some through to increasing and decreasing more. Interesting...

I am in coco though, so I need to chuck a fair bit through anyway. I've found the Plant Magic + to work well, but I've never tried another brand. My local grow shop had 1L of it for about a tenner and it's seen me through two grows so far and on the third now. About a third of the bottle left so pretty decent value. It's 2.9% N apparently but I've no idea if that's a lot or not.

Val and Greta are looking very tasty! Interesting to hear about the cal mag, I'm surprised by how quickly you saw the result. The more ya know!

I pretty much use the same levels throughout the whole grow and have been OK so far, maybe I'll give some through to increasing and decreasing more. Interesting...

I am in coco though, so I need to chuck a fair bit through anyway. I've found the Plant Magic + to work well, but I've never tried another brand. My local grow shop had 1L of it for about a tenner and it's seen me through two grows so far and on the third now. About a third of the bottle left so pretty decent value. It's 2.9% N apparently but I've no idea if that's a lot or not.

Yeah it’s one of those things with autos that seems to be easier just using something bloom oriented with just a touch more N than normal and that seems to see them through well, like a lot of people use sensi AB bloom with a bit of fish mix in veg for autos but since im into organics and also looking to move into photos too at some point i thought i should get to grips with your more “a dash of this and a dash of that and so on” feeding regimen.

Plus it’s things like Greta LOVES the N, like the same that burnt Val just gave Greta a tiny touch of dayglo tip, what i mean is that once i know what any specific plant likes in the future i would be able to get them dialed in and therefore save money on Nutes over long term and boost yeilds by doing so. The concept is a pretty sound horticultural tool, but in practice it’s actually more like “shit i’ve burnt the plants for the 10th time” :crying:

Hey guys little sunday update on my lovely garden.
Buds are starting to look tasty and bud-like lol. Lots of trich production going on now.

Val day 66 in soil:
She is definitely reaching the end of her life cycle now, she smells lovely and she is still fattening up but due to the mix of new growers mistakes on her i doubt she’s going to be the densest of buds.
Still holding out hope of course, it’s just a few things like her now a good 9 and a half weeks old (breeders projection is 8 weeks)
and some of her few trichs have even started going a little cloudy.
She smells amazing these days and even if she doesn’t produce the densest buds she will definitely be providing lots of them with countless strong middle budsites and lots of outer branching.
9DF69BA2-AEBA-4D49-A86B-12A99A33FD8C.jpeg
E99186CE-C5E3-496B-ABE0-0C5D4A36F218.jpeg
BD13BCF1-6027-4542-A876-FF5E8BD3C5D1.jpeg
840AF6F7-8371-4BCD-B56D-E5A715B69FE5.jpeg

If anyone has any experience of plants bulking out on the last week or so of life please let me know lol

Greta day 55 in soil:
Now Greta really is the star of the show.
This mainlined plant just keeps on giving with trichs and buds getting fatter by the day, she is almost definitely going to done around on time which makes me happy.
Her smell is something to behold. From a distance the wild garlic aroma is back an force with blasts coming all over the house when the tent is opened.
Up close however is where her true terp profile comes to play with heavy citrus, light pine and background sweet pickle onion makes the mouth water :drool:
0B6C935A-06A8-4369-8185-23E4F2FE1383.jpeg
E26F7E43-5EAD-4E29-BAB4-D8A680A7A2D4.jpeg
4C9E63D1-303F-4E75-BE92-D7B15C92680F.jpeg

Tilda day 41 in soil:
coming on nicely now with flowering beginning to happen slowly, sex clearly defined now and energy is now going into bushing out and driving up to the light.
She is set up to have many many dominant colas and quite a few smalls
1E939905-429E-40C3-AC95-DD6AC19D9FC5.jpeg

Broomehilda day 34 in soil:
She is also coming on very well, with her 5 colas doing okay. Accidentally tore another cola on a bend yesterday however the crappy mend i put together seems to be working.
E08527C9-508A-4F0A-8533-61332637B497.jpeg

Amelia day 20 in soil:
Have started feeding her a little as she’s so damn vigorous she’s going to need it.
She is responding to the LST just as i like her and am pretty glad i didn’t top her as she’s a great plant to practice Spiraling.
F014FA02-0E74-4655-9F5C-E237BC174196.jpeg
B7BCF2E0-0A1B-4428-9185-6155FE4FF00B.jpeg

Augusta day 13 in soil.
Nothing major to report. Doing well!
Working on the 3rd node now i believe though i CBA to check
5F11F52D-C0D9-4B77-A3EE-712956CB10EF.jpeg

Back