New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

All looking amazing. I'm intrigued by how you get on with the Dr Feelgood. I've seen a few people complaining about seeds not popping but obviously that's not been an issue for you. All the Himalaya strains look pretty great to me, including this one.

"Effect : Couchlock with total pain relief.
Potency : 9/10"

I can get on board with that!

All looking amazing. I'm intrigued by how you get on with the Dr Feelgood. I've seen a few people complaining about seeds not popping but obviously that's not been an issue for you. All the Himalaya strains look pretty great to me, including this one.

"Effect : Couchlock with total pain relief.
Potency : 9/10"

I can get on board with that!

Totally man, i tried their blue himalayan and supposedly this takes the afghan heritage a step further and gives you an all round great mental health strain according to some.

i’ve seen that too about seeds not popping but from what i can tell they’ve fixed that problem recently, maybe there was issues with a batch or something as the recent reviews were all like 9/10 popped or 100% germ and stuff so when i was offered a freebie from dope seeds i couldn’t resist!
I think they may have cookies on their site that see what strain you’ve been ogling the most haha :crying:

The only problem with her i’ve has like some of the other afghan indicas i’ve seen is stretching in the seedling phase but that seems to be solved pretty easy with time and TLC

Hey guys, little update for my garden.

Still battling this damn humidity streak, can’t wait for the ambient temps to equalise so the weather patterns aren’t dragging in all this wet air from the coasts!
With ambient humidity at highs of 95% outdoors my flowering tent is needing rice bags as well as a dehumidifier running 24/7 and lights can’t be turned off due to risk of air saturation.

Have increased air flow and dried the tent periodically.

Val day 59 in soil:
Excellent plant here, producing buds and trichs like no ones business. Showing super spikes buds right now and mass is wrapping round colas nicely. Buds feel pretty dense to the touch too, very happy.
Having to watch like a hawk with a pocket microscope for moulds etc due to the humidity at this late stage of flower but everything is coming on fine and the high RH doesn’t seem to be affecting growth or transpiration as they’re drinking a lot.
Having to lightly defoliate and tuck on a daily basis at the moment as she is still brushing out drastically but i have to be careful with stressing her at this stage.

Here’s a pic of her progress:
EE8308CB-14E2-415F-8E18-F840DCE83CE2.jpeg

And here’s a pic of her buds forming, coming on so well as you can see:

2AB90A6C-B9FB-427E-B6D9-C0BA03CFB730.jpeg

Greta day 48 in soil:
She is coming on very very well will all branch’s starting to catch up to others. Her max height is currently 41cm and counting.
Very happy with the job i did on this one. I’ve only just realised that because i’ve grown off of one node on this her that technically it’s a mainlined plant as opposed to classic LST hence her bushier structure to Val despite not being quite as bushy in terms of leaf mass.
very pleased.
Her smell is also amazing. In the veg stage it was mainly that cheesy wild garlic/ BO vibe going on but now that trichs are coming in like crazy (way more than Val at this stage!), it’s turned to a delicious mix of fruity pine and wild garlic to create a fantastically pungent but sweet aroma.
I am thinking she is gonna to make for a fantastic candidate for vape juice! Strong enough to get those terps through the vape without them all getting lost in the mix.

Here’s a pic of her general progress:
946DD975-D721-46F2-9C3C-D3D7395CC76A.jpeg

And one of her buds forming:
F24EFC49-7B90-4158-AB35-0E902A07A78C.jpeg

And here’s a couple showing the mainlined stem:
9C636BC4-65A0-4778-AAAC-CA24FA6CC4F5.jpeg
88E54E40-8ABB-4012-A2D2-09B25918EF8E.jpeg

Tilda day 34 in soil:

I’m very pleased with the LST job i’ve managed to get done on Tilda. So many colas forming right now and she’s taking to the grow feed well. Preflowers have started to appear, not loads but enough to tell me she’s female.

Here’s a pic of her general progress, as you can see she’s really taking now:
CC3A97D0-EAEA-45E7-A67B-C12DEDCF49E0.jpeg

Broomehilda day 22 in soil:

She’s loving the new smart pot and looking very happy. Have started LST on the top two stems. Will stop feeding her for a water or two to give her time to use what’s in the new soil.

Here’s a pic of the LST:
71206971-D525-45F5-8907-139FA35EFFB4.jpeg

Amelia day 13 in soil:

Strong little seedling now that i’ve sorted the leggy business i’m the beginning.
She’s currently working on the 3rd node, However I have decided not to top her for a change and to just do some later stage LST once she’s in a bigger pot.

Here’s a pic of her progress:
512DDBFA-40DA-4DBA-8DB1-F05C297AEC51.jpeg

Augusta day 6 in soil:

Coming on pretty well but still only early days. Finger leaves are coming in nicely!
26D3C2C4-7555-40DA-8961-5507CF121555.jpeg

Anyway guys thanks for checking in!

Peace and love :bighug:

With the Tangie, I just bent her right over and then continued doing so in a sort of spiral shape around the pot. Unfortunately i did this all prior to joining here so have no pics of the process, just the result, but it helped keep the height down. She grows really quickly as you can probably tell and can take a lot more training than I'd expected. Hungry as hell too, i basically fed full strength start to finish and did'nt have any burn.

You'll have to excuse the mess, but this is how she turned out. The pot is 15l if that helps gauge the size.
full

EDITED to add pic

I have to say man you did a fantastic job on her mate! I struggle with straight LST like that

can’t believe i missed her that size is insane

@Froot n Fuel Excellent man, but don’t be afraid to get rid of a leaf or two for bends if you’re not topping, as long as she’s got enough for photosynthesis you’re golden so you can defol for the bend if needed.

I’m sure she’ll thank you for the bends!
good luck buddy :bighug::d5:

i had to snip one obnoxious fan leaf so far, just couldn't get her out of the way!

I have to say man you did a fantastic job on her mate! I struggle with straight LST like that

i know right?
most people put a lighter next to the buds to give a nice indication of scale...
@NiceOption uses a chair instead :crying:
she was a real freak! love it!

@Medimadness great updates dude, hope the humidity drops for ya. Val's buds stacking just right!

i had to snip one obnoxious fan leaf so far, just couldn't get her out of the way!

i know right?
most people put a lighter next to the buds to give a nice indication of scale...
@NiceOption uses a chair instead :crying:
she was a real freak! love it!

Haha thanks, but just good luck and good genetics I reckon!

Last edited:
Haha thanks, but just good luck and good genetics I reckon!

Gotta give yourself some credit mate, I snapped the mainstem on my mates plants he let me practice on plenty of times trying straight LST to get the spiral shape so still!
I’m just lucky he grows enough not to be phased lol!

Gotta give yourself some credit mate, I snapped the mainstem on my mates plants he let me practice on plenty of times trying straight LST to get the spiral shape so still!
I’m just lucky he grows enough not to be phased lol!
Hahah yikes! that's a good friend! I think having no idea what I was doing may have actually helped me a little in that situation. Had less to think about, ignorance is bliss sometimes!

Just a quick update as things are kicking off a bit in the veg garden.

Been soon busy recently it’s been hard to keep up updates on a rotating garden since the work never ends! With being back to work it’s hard to find the time to be as comprehensive especially this time of year.

1BA59023-3B1C-4467-9F6B-BEE1468F4AB3.jpeg

Tilda:

57E32A17-C95D-4AC3-94EC-4E5AA72DB7B2.jpeg

A lot of growth, really bushing out at the moment!

Will be starting additional bends soon.
091A8602-5EA0-4581-9972-E86B4061B97F.jpeg

Broomehilda showing real adaption to the LST:

D7667C84-3B35-49F9-A7F2-7DAF983D1A67.jpeg

71FE18E3-D38F-4B38-B061-35359BFEAA72.jpeg

Amelia showing recovery growth after transplant, she didn’t even notice despite having to use a slightly different soil mix. Luckily it was of similar composition:

654AB9F7-5EA5-4BE1-BC45-E5F185D64E99.jpeg

Not topping her as i’d like to see one grow as is since i plan on filling out a tent with Dr. Feelgood at some point if it goes well.
DBBECE24-3ED5-4F0B-B66F-EC3319FDEBE4.jpeg

And finally Augusta transplanted in to a slightly larger pot for the time being as she’d developed a nice root ball:

0FCDF9ED-81EE-4D0A-9A60-D67451107420.jpeg

Anyways happy growing guys!

Back