New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

every time i come in here you've started off another girl :eyebrows:

to start off LST'ing the girls, do you typically lay them over? like, main stalk horizontal?
my Tangie will be ready for some training any day now but i don't know if i can bend her like that :crying:
but i really do dig the structure you get consistently...

great stuff mate :d5:

Thanks man, yeah i know i seriously couldn’t resist but this will have to be the last bean popped for a while :crying: It’s already going to be a case of needing a few T5s to act as sidelighting in the near future!

i know it seems a little weird but it’s a really easy way to get them designating growth to lower branching before you even top them so like you said a bush shape is a little more consistent.

Also using a nice thick bamboo pole to bend to from the get go gives you something to use as leverage for the bends besides the main stem so splitting doesn’t seem to happen even under major stress, seems the side stems are just as likely to go though so you have to watch for that and make sure bends are slow

it is a bit strange though as the first time i did it i thought i stunted them but then i realised it’s because everything was growing a bit more of an even rare and not just upward i was very pleased!

every time i come in here you've started off another girl :eyebrows:

to start off LST'ing the girls, do you typically lay them over? like, main stalk horizontal?
my Tangie will be ready for some training any day now but i don't know if i can bend her like that :crying:
but i really do dig the structure you get consistently...

great stuff mate :d5:
With the Tangie, I just bent her right over and then continued doing so in a sort of spiral shape around the pot. Unfortunately i did this all prior to joining here so have no pics of the process, just the result, but it helped keep the height down. She grows really quickly as you can probably tell and can take a lot more training than I'd expected. Hungry as hell too, i basically fed full strength start to finish and did'nt have any burn.

You'll have to excuse the mess, but this is how she turned out. The pot is 15l if that helps gauge the size.
full

EDITED to add pic

Last edited:
With the Tangie, I just bent her right over and then continued doing so in a sort of spiral shape around the pot. Unfortunately i did this all prior to joining here so have no pics of the process, just the result, but it helped keep the height down. She grows really quickly as you can probably tell and can take a lot more training than I'd expected. Hungry as hell too, i basically fed full strength start to finish and did'nt have any burn.

You'll have to excuse the mess, but this is how she turned out. The pot is 15l if that helps gauge the size.
full

EDITED to add pic
:drool:

Thanks man, yeah i know i seriously couldn’t resist but this will have to be the last bean popped for a while :crying: It’s already going to be a case of needing a few T5s to act as sidelighting in the near future!

i know it seems a little weird but it’s a really easy way to get them designating growth to lower branching before you even top them so like you said a bush shape is a little more consistent.

Also using a nice thick bamboo pole to bend to from the get go gives you something to use as leverage for the bends besides the main stem so splitting doesn’t seem to happen even under major stress, seems the side stems are just as likely to go though so you have to watch for that and make sure bends are slow

it is a bit strange though as the first time i did it i thought i stunted them but then i realised it’s because everything was growing a bit more of an even rare and not just upward i was very pleased!
Maybe you could do a diagram of how you trained Tilda if and when you have the time? It would really help me out and I'm sure others could learn a thing or two from you.

thanks for the advice and pics @Medimadness and @NiceOption

she got her first session last night not long before lights out, but this morning I was further adjusting her to lean over more. main stem has a couple of 90 degree bends in it already and a couple of the upper fan leaves are fighting to stay on top of the lowers - I’ll just keep trying to tuck them under periodically.

had a perfect opportunity to top her a few days ago and decided to wimp out, so just training!
@NiceOption she looked epic mate - WOW - she was enormous!! :ladies:

@NiceOption I am actually planning on starting a separate training thread since a few people have noted that my training is a little inventive it would be a good idea to mark my progress!
Because this is my rotating garden thread i’m trying to move a little of the long winded and more technical stuff elsewhere when i have time to make it easier to follow or find in search.
Thanks for the extra motivation, i may actually get round to it now!! :crying:

@Froot n Fuel Excellent man, but don’t be afraid to get rid of a leaf or two for bends if you’re not topping, as long as she’s got enough for photosynthesis you’re golden so you can defol for the bend if needed.

I’m sure she’ll thank you for the bends!
good luck buddy :bighug::d5:

Hey guys, didn’t have time to update yesterday as i’ve had a lot to do recently.

Have finally got some new airflow fans to replace the huge bulky one i had, along with another carbon filter in case my veg tent is smelly before the flowering tent has room.

Humidity has been really high recently so i also purchased a small dehumidifier.
With outside humidity being 80%+ and my plants transpiring like crazy tent humidity nearly reached full saturation over the last two days.
8949045D-9240-4F40-926B-F6C16B17B12F.jpeg

B3F52676-BB35-4C33-8F55-0D7C12D807D7.jpeg

Val day 58 in soil:
Doing really well today with trichs coming on well under pocket microscope and bud mass forming so quickly! Lovely smell also.
She is 40cm and seems to be stable there.
Great colouring on her too.

3C6C0962-B171-40AF-9B9C-EB9B30AAFBC7.jpeg
B6DF96DE-BB49-4C68-9A33-77443D4149D3.jpeg

Greta day 47 in soil:

Also doing great, fantastic plant. All super cropped branches are showing many new and vigorous budsites. Her pistils are so thick and lovely.
Frosting is coming in all over, such a resinous plant so far! under scope they glisten beautiful with strong trich structure! Very beautiful!
07AD5F88-E366-4FD3-A8C6-5BCD8A684620.jpeg
8DBE7C34-8459-4C8A-B06F-0DA1B161BA7D.jpeg

Tilda day 33 in soil:

LST has come on well and Tilda is taking to it well! Growth is coming on slowly but surely. Wonderful stuff so far. Will create a training diagram at some point for your reference as @NiceOption suggested.
993E700F-106F-4E15-B2F2-EE34E78A40DC.jpeg
65A1F503-1F3A-4BDE-9475-36AC17B65866.jpeg

Broomehilda day 21 in soil:

Transplanted in to an 11l square smart pot as she was becoming rootbound in the 3.5L pot. Have also commenced bending on her lower branching and will start with the top colas ASAP. Digging her structure so far!
75A5966A-D81F-48D4-9F55-4F8278CEED0A.jpeg
D8077F25-4932-47CF-AA5A-9AA88511CBCB.jpeg

Amelia day 12 in soil:

Coming on very well in there, currently growing her third node. True leaves are developing nicely too. Short Stuff seem to have some nice stable genetics so far!
9CDCC4A6-3D74-42BE-9CE9-782319A0B9D8.jpeg
45883221-7292-48E5-8311-E12B076EDBCA.jpeg

Augusta day 5 in soil:

Not bad so far, first finger leaves developing well!
7208A4B6-059B-4F22-8678-10C8C92FCBAC.jpeg

Anyway AFN thanks for taking the time to check my happy garden :pighug:

Peace and love

looking great :thumbsup: nice work on the lst and supercropping :greenthumb:as for lil mishaps along the way.dont matter how anal or ocd we are,we still gonna drop shit,trip and fall over,do silly shit from time to time.its what happens when ya mix stoner and gardener,it unavoidable to some extent,not worth dwelling on :pass:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

looking great :thumbsup: nice work on the lst and supercropping :greenthumb:as for lil mishaps along the way.dont matter how anal or ocd we are,we still gonna drop shit,trip and fall over,do silly shit from time to time.its what happens when ya mix stoner and gardener,it unavoidable to some extent,not worth dwelling on :pass:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Cheers man!

Tbh I think i’ve taken to this all pretty well, not been stressing about any mistakes like snapped stems etc really since that time i dropped my water bottle on Val and she turned out great!
Now as long as environment is good im not really bothered by anything because i just find out what it is and so far a little effort and sometimes some money lol solved everything!

Honestly this is the most forgiving plant i’ve ever grown even compared to photos!

Back