New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

I have also read that Topmax works best at half concentration to bloom in the mix, does anyone else have any info that’s sheds some light on that?
Been using it at 1ml/l concentrations all throughout flowering because since it’s a bloom stimulant i was never too worried about it.

ive had some pretty ugly buds that surprized me :dizzy:
think its 1ml then ramped upto 4ml at the end.but thats the weirdy photoperiod schedule IMG_5878.JPG that calls weeks 1 and 2 the whole veg period so it can be 5 or 6 weeks or however long untill 12/12 no or did i read that all wrong ?
im a twat i thought top max was the micro part of grow/bloom nutes schedule walter day 75.JPG so i started way too early plants ended up ok,im gonna try real hard and change me ways after 6 years and use it right or semi right IMG_5885.JPG no calmag im gonna wait for someone to tell me if and when :baked: hairyman grows nice plants and only uses fishmix on its own,works for him :thumbsup: as the top max is 0.1-0.02-0.1 theres not much if anything in it.if i was a cynic id say they pulling our leg :eyebrows:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

ive had some pretty ugly buds that surprized me :dizzy:
think its 1ml then ramped upto 4ml at the end.but thats the weirdy photoperiod schedule View attachment 986669 that calls weeks 1 and 2 the whole veg period so it can be 5 or 6 weeks or however long untill 12/12 no or did i read that all wrong ?
im a twat i thought top max was the micro part of grow/bloom nutes View attachment 986671 so i started way too early plants ended up ok,im gonna try real hard and change me ways after 6 years and use it right or semi right View attachment 986670 no calmag im gonna wait for someone to tell me if and when :baked: hairyman grows nice plants and only uses fishmix on its own,works for him :thumbsup: as the top max is 0.1-0.02-0.1 theres not much if anything in it.if i was a cynic id say they pulling our leg :eyebrows:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Topmax is mainly comprised of Humic Subsances (in mainland europe and over here up till a few years back used to be “humic acid” which is basically where we get the idea for “humus” soil when not just talking about the consistency we’re talking the parts that help support the microbiotic life system that basically does most of the work that roots can’t do like make the nutes available to plants and increase buffering against excess salts etc
Think soil regulator and nute uptake booster.
Pretty hard to use something like that wrong tbf, but i always start it the moment pistils start coming at a concentration of .25ml/l and slowly increase by .25ml every time the plant reaches the next milestone or is drinking more.
Reason why you only really use it in bloom is because in veg she’s not taking in any where near as much and in the pot there’s more than enough humics. Way i was told to think of the purpose is to get that soil environment a bit more similar to some thoroughly organically fertilised humus soil that any farmer would be proud of.
Still doesn’t really come close but sources seem to say it helps

I asked my college tutor about it and he says its pretty usefull in smaller pots organic systems but less so in bigger pots since there’s more material there to begin with but i think he meant like 20l+

That then started a half hour convo with him about his lifetime growing and he told me how he’s been in the legal industry for years before settling down to teach and i now think i’m his favourite student haha
You never can tell, he’s a pretty nerdy guy and all we’ve talked about so far is old school comics and Sicilian lemons :crying:

Anyway yeah i didn’t think anyone else had any problems with topmax in that regard so whoever told me that didn’t know what they’re chatting. Just wanted to verify my own instincts that say it’s harmless lol

peace

But from what i could tell from the biobizz chart (thanks @archie gemmill btw) i can see that i should have upped my bloom feed by now even when bearing in mind that’s for photos.
What i’ve taken away from that is that i should up my feed by .25 on the bloom daily until i reach 3ml max at this age and see how she does.
Obviously she needs more! I think my experience of burning with grow mix scared me of the bloom but this is obviously just because autos don’t like the excessive N from what i can tell!

Haha that's very fortunate you found a tutor like that!

Yeah man, unfortunately my course is now on break so i could ask him about my recent problems! Luckily he’s taught me well enough that with a little advice i think i’ve got to grips a bit better

Just a very quick update on Greta here because I just wanted to comment on something pretty cool i’ve noticed.

The other day i was working in the tent trying to tuck a few of Gretas foliage and my big christmas beard (I like to put on a bit of winter fur lol) ended up getting caught on one of the main colas and accidentally bend the very top of the bud ever so slightly, and much to my surprise and delight it is now becoming the fattest of the buds.
This bud is packing on weight like crazy! About twice as dense as the next equal sized cola!
1B534F79-0E2B-4F0B-84F4-CD43E4E9AB76.jpeg

It didn’t increase light exposure loads however now the bud seems to be packing on quite a bit on the side facing the centre!

Lovely!

Back