Lighting MedGrower does AutoUltimate (ms006/HS1/DWC)

I've just gone from @Hazy s NQ grow to @HolyTHC Raspberry grow then to here.....just some amazing plant manipulation on display.

Yeah bro thanks! I am glad you mentioned me with them other awesome growers! Haha! Makes me feel good. I just got so impressed of work by @HolyTHC that I just copied what he does, kinda.. Lot of talent here in this community and everyone learning from everybody... it leads to awesomeness man!

Last edited:
DAY 40

Yesterday I noticed faint yellowing on top leaves kind of resembling Mg defiency, pH been shooting up to 6.5 and also EC rising to 1.5. I dont know what is happening in my res now because it doesnt make any sense, so I desided to do a complete nute change to AN basenutes and additives. Let's see if it gets better from here. Bumbed up the ca/mg feed also a bit.

Feed for 21 litres:

Canna Mono Mg 4.5ml
Canna Mono Cal 4.5ml
AN Sensi Bloom 42ml
AN Liquid Carboload 21ml
AN Big Bud 21ml
AN B52 21ml

EC 1.4 (1.1 ignoring basewater and ca/mg)
pH 5.8
RH 50 - 60

This is basicly @TaNg improved feeding schedule at day 40 without the CalMag he uses. I am going to follow if the feed is a bit too strong or not to my plants since the EC is at 1.4 now. Going to water it down if it rises.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Despite AN saying that I should throw away my pH pen, I have been taking readings of how the nutes are doing in the reservoir. In 24h after applying the nutrients I have found out that EC has remained stable at 1.4 but.... pH has risen to 6.2. from 5.8. That is 0.4 rise in 24h.

Is this normal pH fluctuation with AN "pH Perfect" -line? 6.2 ain't bad so I let it be for now and see how it goes from there. I may have to adjust the pH back to 5.8 later today or tomorrow.. Sorry for the hassle but I am new to AN and I want to study how my new nutes behaves on my system. I was under impression by their sales speech that the pH should stay stable for 7 days in your res.

Hi guys! Despite AN saying that I should throw away my pH pen, I have been taking readings of how the nutes are doing in the reservoir. In 24h after applying the nutrients I have found out that EC has remained stable at 1.4 but.... pH has risen to 6.2. from 5.8. That is 0.4 rise in 24h.

Is this normal pH fluctuation with AN "pH Perfect" -line? 6.2 ain't bad so I let it be for now and see how it goes from there. I may have to adjust the pH back to 5.8 later today or tomorrow.. Sorry for the hassle but I am new to AN and I want to study how my new nutes behaves on my system. I was under impression by their sales speech that the pH should stay stable for 7 days in your res.
Hi Medgrower
I have found the AN PH perfect line will work with some waters sources but not as well with others.
Im my own set up i find that the PH will rise from 5.8 to about 6.0 in 24 hours but as im also using a super tea that also fluctuates the PH up to 6.2.
From my own experience i have found the plant actually prefers a slight movement in PH and 6.2 is actually the optium PH for veg in a DWC set up but the problem is growers will get deffiiciences as the PH will drift from 6.2 to 6.6 for example.
So for Veg you should adjust your PH to PH5.8 and let it drift up to 6.2 but no further than that as you will get problems. Then for bloom set your PH to 5.5 and let it work its way up to 5.8 where it should stay. This will give the plant exactly what it requires at the precise time it needs it.
Dont listen to the AN bull, they are sales people who have spent alot of time on marketing and they will tell you anything to sell you their product. Always keep a PH pen its a Hydro growers best tool along side an EC meter. Hope that helps dude.

Hi Medgrower
I have found the AN PH perfect line will work with some waters sources but not as well with others.
Im my own set up i find that the PH will rise from 5.8 to about 6.0 in 24 hours but as im also using a super tea that also fluctuates the PH up to 6.2.
From my own experience i have found the plant actually prefers a slight movement in PH and 6.2 is actually the optium PH for veg in a DWC set up but the problem is growers will get deffiiciences as the PH will drift from 6.2 to 6.6 for example.
So for Veg you should adjust your PH to PH5.8 and let it drift up to 6.2 but no further than that as you will get problems. Then for bloom set your PH to 5.5 and let it work its way up to 5.8 where it should stay. This will give the plant exactly what it requires at the precise time it needs it.
Dont listen to the AN bull, they are sales people who have spent alot of time on marketing and they will tell you anything to sell you their product. Always keep a PH pen its a Hydro growers best tool along side an EC meter. Hope that helps dude.

Hey Grim! Thanks a bunch for the info and tips! Good to know you've had similar experience. Yeah I wasn't going to trust the sales speeches only man LOL :biggrin:

That seems like a wise idea to set the pH to 5.5 and let it drift up to 5.8! I do that next time. So far AN has kept the pH more stable than Canna, I give them that.

DAY 42

Set the pH yesterday to 5.9. Today it had shot up to 6.3 and I set it back down to 5.9 again. EC had remained stable at 1.4 still so I take it that strenght of the feed is spot on, thanks for you schedule again @TaNg seems to work pretty good so far with DWC.

Oh yeah, and now I have added one HS1 in the mix with the MS006.

Pics:

budling.JPG

top.JPG

side.JPG

Last edited:
DAY 48

pH 6.0
EC 1.5
RH 50

Guys! It's day 48 and these babies still strech up and despite of defoliation and having the lights up close it continues. I am quickly running out of vertical space in my 2 meter growroom. I have still about 20 to 30 cm space to lift up my lights but I am afraid if I give in even an inch, these babies will just push forward that much more.

Yellowing is happening at the bottom now since the lights dont penetrate all the way there. I have started to pick up some bottom growth out to just remedy the dying off -situations there. Otherwise the capony looks good and I am just waiting to see the buds to start growing.... hopefully soon.

Any advice how to control those from growing vertically any more? Lights are already about at 10cm to 20cm distance so that definately should inhibit growth, right? One of my last grows went out of control like this too and reached all the way to 2,2 meters tall in my 2m grow room, had to put my lights to sides and tie the plant up, got a super bad crop and almost cried while I was harvesting it.

PICS:

From side
Sideview 48.JPG

From top
Topview 48.JPG

Overview
Overview 48.JPG

Budling closeup
Bud 48.JPG

Hopefully they have finished stretching...you could supercrop any branches getting too tall.. should be a fine harvest.. nice growing..:pass:

Hopefully they have finished stretching...you could supercrop any branches getting too tall.. should be a fine harvest.. nice growing..:pass:

Hey Duggy! Thanks for your advice and compliment. Yeah I think you are right there, supercropping at around day 50 is better than your plant being one meter out of your growroom at the end. :yoinks:

Back