Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

I was on the fence about starting one myself in a couple of weeks. Not such a hard choice anymore :d5:

I’ve yet to hear anything other than amazing reviews for that cross and I’ve got a five pack of them myself. I’ve currently got a one week old white crack that will be my first plant to grow using biotabs, and my plan is a new bean popped once a month. :pass:

I wish I could do staggered grows, but I only grow two times per year now, and maybe I will go to even one here any year now. I just have too many jars laying around. Reducing my dosage as I get older and realizing I don't need as much volume, I just need the proper meds at the proper time during the day and I am good to go.

Something all of us realize at some point t as we are growing, well,...some of us!

Also, on the Sour Livers, I really like this strain as well. She has always given me something pretty special. I will run her again next spring. Just too good and guaranteed frosty, sticky nugs every time.
I have her on my list and in my seedbag. How does she smoke?

On this one I don't know yet, but pretty much every time before she was this strong sweet, Diesel with a sour aftertaste and a funk that stays on your tongue and tastes so good, I can't really describe the last part. I think this is part of the Livers mystique...after you eat liver, there is like this bitter aftertaste and it stays on your tongue and the roof of your mouth. The flavor is not the same at all here, but the effect is similar. It's so strong, like cod liver oil was as a medicine and how it also stayed on your tongue and the taste was hard to get rid of.

Maybe someone from the U.K. Will say it tastes like old cheese. I guess this effect might make you think of cheese or taste cheese. Flavors and aromas are very subjective to culture and regional differences.

I love the stuff. I can not wait, because this little lady looks to be a very good version of it. Nicest Sour Livers I have grown yet.

I have also had one pheno that was more fruity or berry like and had little but larger buds and the same lighter green like this one. Not sure if there are other phenos out there, but I wouldn't t be surprised.

Although there are many dominant traits for most strains, there are also many other versions and factors that change flavor and taste.

On this one I don't know yet, but pretty much every time before she was this strong sweet, Diesel with a sour aftertaste and a funk that stays on your tongue and tastes so good, I can't really describe the last part. I think this is part of the Livers mystique...after you eat liver, there is like this bitter aftertaste and it stays on your tongue and the roof of your mouth. The flavor is not the same at all here, but the effect is similar. It's so strong, like cod liver oil was as a medicine and how it also stayed on your tongue and the taste was hard to get rid of.

Maybe someone from the U.K. Will say it tastes like old cheese. I guess this effect might make you think of cheese or taste cheese. Flavors and aromas are very subjective to culture and regional differences.

I love the stuff. I can not wait, because this little lady looks to be a very good version of it. Nicest Sour Livers I have grown yet.
That's a damn good description of the flavor, Med! I could never do that! Is it more of a couch lock good night high? Or a functional one?

That's a damn good description of the flavor, Med! I could never do that! Is it more of a couch lock good night high? Or a functional one?
Again, I will defer on this one a bit, as she is a hybrid with Indica dominance, but the berry pheno has more up to it for sure. You can smoke her during the day, but not too much or it's bedtime for Bonzo!!

I won't the the Sour Livers turn too much either, I want clear and mostly cloudy. She will knock me on my butt. I already see a lot of amber on the Purple Nuggets, so I need to be careful with how much indica with full couch lock I have in jars, otherwise I will be feeling sleepy all the time and I don't like that.

Update Day 67 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow :shooty:

The Flavor Chase continues...:woohoo:

I got my delivery from BioTabs yesterday so I brewed up some PK booster tea for the ladies which they had then this afternoon. Ladies look great, but we are nearing to the end. The aromas are outrageous coming out of the tent right now. Super, thick sweet air with a ton of skunky funk to it. :eyebrows:

IMG_2595.JPG

Each plant has a unique look of its own. They really look like they are right out of the magazine for the most part. Not huge, but they are not advertised that way. I am really pleased with this grow. The quality will be off the charts. :yay:

IMG_2597.JPG

The Purple Monster :tonic:is still on the tear. Lots of white pistils says she gets at least ten more days, which means we can get them into the full moon harvest cycle. That makes me even more happy...:yeah:

IMG_2598.JPG

Sour Livers stinking up the joint! :holymoly:

IMG_2599.JPG

Gorilla Glue has some nice chunky buds growing on her. That classic Gorilla structure I read about but never got this pheno. So happy to get one of this elusive phenos. I was hoping for the hot pink haired buds in the Purple Nuggets, but just got the standard phenotype.

IMG_2600.JPG

Most impressive plant in the tent. You will see her better when I can get her out at harvest. Sorry folks, I am not big on taking plants out during the grow. You can see the main cola on the Sour Livers there on the left, but the Orange Biscuit will really be sweet again for me. Love that strain...:blahblah:

IMG_2607.JPG

Here is one of those gorgeous nugs on the Orange Biscuit. Zoom in and look at these pics bro. The trichs are killer! :woohoo1:Not much need to zoom in on this one.

IMG_2604.JPG

The Sour Livers has such beautiful color to her. Totally covered in frost, like real thick! :headbang: Going to be the daytime smoke for me this spring and summer. Yummy stuff. Sour diesel, maybe a little berry and lots of funk!

IMG_2605.JPG

Isn't she lovely, isn't she beautiful! That's a song...:face: ok, whatever. I was just trying prove a point. She I said just gorgeous and I can't stop looking at her. Red strains always nice to grow. Red berries and skunk.

IMG_2606.JPG

Gorilla Glue really intriguing me with her growth and how dense those weird buds are. They are not fluffy, and they are super sticky, just like GLUE! :face: Oh really, so twice in a row now, I spurting out lame crap. Ya know why, I need to go spark up some if my new harvest...

Chem Stomper!!! Quick little smoke report coming on that soon!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping into the ManCave. :thanks:

The harvest comets and soon we shall see if the Flavor Chase will have a happy ending. :baked:

Chem Stomper Harvest Report

She has dried up nicely and slowly. Four days hanging and now we trim her up and get her in jars.
We will weigh her up later, but I think won't be too much.

Early test nug report- taste is better now, zero harshness. Grape and Chem is exactly what I get. A super tasty grape flavor and very Chem aftertaste and she hits really hard. Definitely over 20% thc in her even though she was challenged genetically.

IMG_2612.JPG

As you can see, after drying, the buds shrunk up, but they are really sticky little things. Super yummy too.

IMG_2613.JPG

The frost is amazing. Normal for a Mephisto strain, but not one that looked like a reject the entire grow. Really very similar to Double Grape, just more Chem flavor there.

I hope Mephisto revisit this strain and run her again. Chem Stomper is a winner in my book.

U.K. here.

Cheese and Livers / Blues.

For me cheese is dank and musky. But not really like cheese as such. It’s called cheese as one of the blokes who “found” the pheno was working at a food factory and said it smelled really strong and artificial like the cheese flavour powder they use!

Blues for me is part cheese (the strain), part berry smells and a good amount of mouth coating hash flavour and smell. Old school hashy thick smoke that coats your mouth and tastes for a long time after smoking.

Back