Indoor MedCzech’s ManCave-BioTabs & “The Flavor Chase”

I am not seeing the stress, but you have a much better view. I’m they look very healthy from my screen! I am glad you caught it before it became more apparent! Great job with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, good that I finally got that issue sorted. I could never figure out why I was having issues. Because I Boughton one par meter and that was crap, that gave me bad readings, I was too cheap to buy another one. Relied on light specs, and I was still struggling as you know.

I am so happy to know that this light is just stronger than I thought, hell, even stronger than what I thought I bought. Now that light can run the whole tent until flower, so that's a plus as well.

This grow will end up good, I am sure of it.

Really nice looking ladies Med. Like Iriee, I can’t see the light stress but I’m a noob. Just curious, what brand of par meter was giving you bad readings?

I think the brand was generic, it just said quantum meter, I got it on eBay. Thought it was working fine, but found out the readings were not accurate at all. I tried using a lux meter as well, but that was inconsistent with readings, and I didn't really know if I could trust the numbers.

The simple little gauges actually are measured in umols, so it works fine. Now I can see I had plants under 500 ppfd, which is too much for early veg like this. 250 to 300 is fine, and 450 is maxed out in veg.

Update coming tomorrow. We shall see how they have recovered from the light stress they were getting the first two weeks. It stunted them quite a bit, but in the end, I won't have to top them and they will be more squatty. Just that the undergrowth was heavily effected by the light stress.

Another note on my part would be to amend the soil at least a week before the grow starts and increase the amount of startrex I use. You can see that they are a little underfed as well. You all will say they look nice, and they look ok to me, but I have grown a lot of bud in my day, so I am a lot more sensitive to what it should look like in my environment.

Tomorrow you shall see...:pass:

Update Day 20 MedCzech's ManCave BioTabs grow...:shooty:

Environment is holding steady with no issues at all;

Temps around 26-28C
RH around 50-60%
Great air circulation

Here is a little shot of my fan leaf garden to start you off. :doc:Open wide...

IMG_2292.JPG

Looks more impressive in photos than it really is. Everything is green, but growth is slow and under growth is weak. Nothing robust looking about these plants. Either no light or no food, and now we know it's not light. I think my soil isn't active enough yet and they just aren't getting enough food. When I water next, I will give it some orgatrex and Bactrex as well as a small top dressing of Silicium Flash to try and boost the growth. I don't want to over use boom boom in this case, as I want to promote root growth as well.

Still learning...

IMG_2293.JPG

The runt is still a runt...almost no secondary growth at all, that means no buds...she has a lot of catching up to do, and I am starting to wonder if she will make it with any real yield at all. You never know, she does look green anyway. Looks like and underfed day eight plant, not day twenty...

IMG_2294.JPG

Purple Nuggets is the only plant that even resembles something ok in my book. Her undergrowth I said almost too fast to overtake the main cola and the growth itself is weak and small. Looks good though.

IMG_2295.JPG

Sour Livers...nice and green, very little undergrowth and overall just small. I hope this is all just because I screwed up the lights and they got stunted. Let's hope they will recover somehow and actually grow buds, not just a few pretty green, weak leaves. Not really happy as you can tell from my tone and words here. I was expecting more robust growth by this time.

I am patient though, so I will continue to follow the plan and see where this grow takes me. I guess if this is going to be a ninety day grow, then we look good for twenty days in...that's one way to look at it.

:hurry:Ok, fine I will move on to the next girl...

IMG_2296.JPG

Orange Biscuit. I know she could be bigger, because I just grew her and she was at least twice this size with chemical nutes, and that Grow wasn't perfect either with the water troubles I had.

:nonono:

IMG_2297.JPG

PineApple Express has these staggered, twisted leaves, weak undergrowth. Like I said, either no penetration from the light or no enough food for robust growth. Something lacking for sure. I think the light is good now. If I lower them, they immediately show signs of light stress, and you can see the leaves are excited enough in most of them now.

:laptop:All of this going into the database for sure.

IMG_2298.JPG

Gorilla Glue looking good,...not. Just a little plant right now, not sure if these babies will get going like I want or not. The undergrowth is just not there, and that's where the buds come from. A late blooming tent may be evident.

Another overhead shot for giggles...

IMG_2299.JPG

I know you will all say they look great, and they look nice on photos yes, but when you examine them up close, you would see what I see. Weak little plants that look nice for day 12, and even then the undergrowth is weak. They are all fan leaves only...
I am considering using a different light that might trigger some better growth. I will give them one more day I. This position to see what happens.

IMG_2300.JPG

Purple Nuggets here. The undergrowth is better, but still very weak and not actually producing bud sites anyway. If this thing goes into flower this week, the yield will be very low indeed. Let's hope she holds on for a week or two before that happens and she can catch up a bit.

Sorry for the not so great news. All looks green at least. Let's hope this soil will start firing up these ladies and get something going.

Thanks for stopping in. :love:

Med, you are either too hard on yourself or a perfectionist! I see a lot of plants on here, and those look good for 20 days! In my brief experience. This is when they really start branching out and stretching. Unless something goes wrong, I am pretty sure you will have a nice harvest of tasty organic buds! I do think it will be longer grow also.

Back